[Costco] Weber Genesis II CE-330 - $999.99

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 5th, 2020 7:01 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2007
1003 posts
292 upvotes
Calgary
mclearn wrote: Where did you get your Fuego?
I bought it from Fuego on sale last month and had a family shipped to me for $150. I think when I was looking originally, there were 2 places in canada that sells it. Wayfair and one other in BC...
in the end, it was about $750 (BBQ and 2 shelf) including exchange and shipping.
Jan 11, 2010
506 posts
46 upvotes
steved54321 wrote: Was looking for a more detailed answer, temp / duration.
Google something like: temp to kill e coli

So maybe a second at the temp you are talking about.
Last edited by luv_gr8_deals on Jun 17th, 2020 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 11, 2010
506 posts
46 upvotes
AirTimid wrote: Hard to compare since I believe the Genesis II line just started in 2017 and they modified the lineup in 2019. What really sold me was the fact they provide a 10 year warranty on basically everything, outside of normal wear and tear. I've also read that Weber has good customer service and maintenance seems pretty easy, in terms of how things are laid out and able to be removed/replaced. For this price, I personally would only look at Napoleon or Weber. Broil Kings are good too, but it seems their burners tend to rust and need to be replaced sooner from what I read. Anyways, good luck!
I suspect one reason is because of the high heat the BK burners can go. Weber reduced the BTU's and change box design and also added sear burner to some models. From what I read on some BK models it can be difficult to even get a low enough temperature for indirect heat cooking. BK owners please speak up if that is inncorect.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2013
3148 posts
1343 upvotes
Canada
luv_gr8_deals wrote: I suspect one reason is because of the high heat the BK burners can go. Weber reduced the BTU's and change box design and also added sear burner to some models. From what I read on some BK models it can be difficult to even get a low enough temperature for indirect heat cooking. BK owners please speak up if that is inncorect.
This is very interesting. Are you saying that Weber lowered the maximum heat inside the grill, added sear burners, to allow for the lower grade steel, to prevent rusting?
Jan 11, 2010
506 posts
46 upvotes
gbill2004 wrote: This is very interesting. Are you saying that Weber lowered the maximum heat inside the grill, added sear burners, to allow for the lower grade steel, to prevent rusting?
I don't know about allowing for lower SS.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2013
3148 posts
1343 upvotes
Canada
luv_gr8_deals wrote: I don't know about allowing for lower SS.
Weber's recently switched to a lower grade stainless steel. Went from 430 to 304. The 304 is much better, less prone to rust, but more expensive.
Jan 11, 2010
506 posts
46 upvotes
gbill2004 wrote: Weber's recently switched to a lower grade stainless steel. Went from 430 to 304. The 304 is much better, less prone to rust, but more expensive.
Right, but I have no idea if lowering the BTU's was so that they could lower the quality of steel. My interpretation of article or opinion I read (can't recall where I read it, maybe on Reddit lol) was of higher heat causing problems.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2013
3148 posts
1343 upvotes
Canada
luv_gr8_deals wrote: Right, but I have no idea if lowering the BTU's was so that they could lower the quality of steel. My interpretation of article or opinion I read (can't recall where I read it, maybe on Reddit lol) was of higher heat causing problems.
Interesting. I wouldn't mind seeing that article.
Jul 3, 2008
50 posts
9 upvotes
Missisauga
vijay101 wrote: Hesitating between the Costco Webber Genesis and the following. I would appreciate someone's input.

Broil King

Napoleon

Thank you

If I was getting a napoleon I would go with the prestige lineup.
Aug 3, 2005
386 posts
6 upvotes
AriStar wrote: If I was getting a napoleon I would go with the prestige lineup.
Care to explain why? 1199$ is about in the top of end of what I want to pay.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2005
1247 posts
280 upvotes
Halifax
gbill2004 wrote: This is very interesting. Are you saying that Weber lowered the maximum heat inside the grill, added sear burners, to allow for the lower grade steel, to prevent rusting?
I read they added the sear burner because they removed the option from the first run of Genesis ii models, which angered lots of people. I've also seen reviews the sear burner gets the temp up to 700-800.
Jul 3, 2008
50 posts
9 upvotes
Missisauga
vijay101 wrote: Care to explain why? 1199$ is about in the top of end of what I want to pay.
I believe the prestige 500 is made in Canada. Between the 3 you listed I would go the weber, but you can likely get the prestige 500 for close to 1200 cad by calling around and bargaining with a few people. I got my napoleon from a guy i know at CAS and he gave me a great discount.
May 6, 2013
27 posts
3 upvotes
Vancouver
I've been looking at the Broil King Regal Commercial series, it seems they use 304 stainless for most of the build

REGAL COMMERCIAL STANDARD FEATURES
COOKING GRIDS Solid 9mm stainless steel cooking grids
FLAVOR SYSTEM 304 stainless steel Flav-R-Wave™ cooking system
HEAT CONTROL Linear-Flow™ valves with 180° Sensi-Touch™ control
THERMOMETER Deluxe Accu -Temp™ thermometer(s)
IGNITION Sure-Lite™ electronic ignition system
COOK BOX 304 stainless steel cook box with cast aluminum end caps
LID DESIGN Roll-action lid with cast aluminum end caps
SIDE SHELVES 304 stainless steel side shelves
HANDLE Stylish and durable stainless steel handle
CASTERS Large commercial-grade locking casters
WHEELS Two large 7.5-in / 19 cm rubber coated all-terrain wheels
CONSTRUCTION 304 stainless steel on cart and base
COMPONENTS Rust resistant zinc coated steel components
TANK HOLDER Rigid 304 stainless steel tank bracket for easy changes