Hot Deals

[Costco] Weber Genesis II CE-330 - $999.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 9th, 2020 12:07 pm
Aug 16, 2015
801 posts
376 upvotes
Toronto, ON
gbill2004 wrote: Weber's recently switched to a lower grade stainless steel. Went from 430 to 304. The 304 is much better, less prone to rust, but more expensive.
Do you have a source for this? My Weber Summit I bought in late 2019 is magnetic and non-magnetic in all the same places as my pre 2010 Summit. That said, the newer Summit has no welding of the stainless on the side tables or the front apron, which saves a lot of money.
Penalty Box
Apr 18, 2013
3122 posts
1329 upvotes
Canada
georgep wrote: Do you have a source for this? My Weber Summit I bought in late 2019 is magnetic and non-magnetic in all the same places as my pre 2010 Summit. That said, the newer Summit has no welding of the stainless on the side tables or the front apron, which saves a lot of money.
Summit might still use the 304. I was referring to the Genesis and Spirit. Source: stick a magnet to it. And the experts at the Weber forum also confirmed.
Jan 11, 2010
504 posts
46 upvotes
steved54321 wrote: Your link goes to a brewery.
Hmm, I guess shortened url got recycled in 1 day.

Google something like: Temp to kill e coli
Dec 25, 2009
86 posts
45 upvotes
Contrecoeur
vijay101 wrote: Hesitating between the Costco Webber Genesis and the following. I would appreciate someone's input.

Broil King

Napoleon

Thank you
I bought the Napoleon LEX485RSIBPSS (3 burners, infrared rotisserie and infrared side burner, stainless steel grates) about 2 months ago and absolutely love it.

It goes to 700°f + in about 6 minutes (without the infrared rotisserie burner, which I never use).
I have done the bread test and got practically no hot spots.

The infrared side burner makes awesome steaks, as well as grilled vegetables that are still crunchy and has nice grill marks.

I bbq 5 to 6 times per week.

I hesitated between this and the Weber Genesis at Costco, but really wanted to try the infrared side burner.
But they are both really nice grills and they have their own positives and negatives.
Aug 16, 2015
801 posts
376 upvotes
Toronto, ON
gbill2004 wrote: Summit might still use the 304. I was referring to the Genesis and Spirit. Source: stick a magnet to it. And the experts at the Weber forum also confirmed.
And in case it matters to anyone, the burners and flavourizer bars on my pre-2010 Summit are magnetic (as they also are on the new one I bought in Nov 2019), and the burners are still in perfect condition (as are some of the flavourizer bars).
Jan 11, 2010
504 posts
46 upvotes
georgep wrote: And in case it matters to anyone, the burners and flavourizer bars on my pre-2010 Summit are magnetic (as they also are on the new one I bought in Nov 2019), and the burners are still in perfect condition (as are some of the flavourizer bars).
I'd expect great quality since the summit series starts at $2889
Apr 21, 2008
352 posts
123 upvotes
Where exactly is poco?

Also do you have a better quality pic of the ad? I'm specifically after the NG model
wiggum083 wrote: At costco in poco. They have 2 more NG genesis ce-330 in stock. I picked up the LP and someone picked up 1 NG one. 2 left on the floor.
Apr 21, 2008
352 posts
123 upvotes
Called Costco Heartland about the NG model and was told its an "online only item" and they don't carry that in the warehouse.

So I guess some costcos carry it physically in store and others will treat it as an online order.
Apr 21, 2008
352 posts
123 upvotes
luv_gr8_deals wrote: 12 NG? or 12 LP?
Well I called for the NG item # so my assumption is that's what it is. Who knows how their system shows the order could be mixed.

I also called Laird Costco and they're expecting orders too so hopefully we'll see some stocks for NG ones this week
Apr 21, 2008
352 posts
123 upvotes
Correction on the Burlington stock. Called again and whoever told me they were getting yesterday was wrong.

The item is on order for "depot" meaning online so idk, seems like YMMV type deal for those looking for it on the floor.
Jan 18, 2005
146 posts
63 upvotes
Gonad wrote: Where exactly is poco?

Also do you have a better quality pic of the ad? I'm specifically after the NG model
You called?
Jan 18, 2005
146 posts
63 upvotes
luv_gr8_deals wrote: I'd expect great quality since the summit series starts at $2889
Question. If you were at Home Depot right now and the summit s470 was on sale for $1998, should you buy it? Asking for a friend...
Aug 14, 2012
293 posts
226 upvotes
North Vancouver
floydian1975 wrote: I bought the Napoleon LEX485RSIBPSS (3 burners, infrared rotisserie and infrared side burner, stainless steel grates) about 2 months ago and absolutely love it.

It goes to 700°f + in about 6 minutes (without the infrared rotisserie burner, which I never use).
I have done the bread test and got practically no hot spots.

The infrared side burner makes awesome steaks, as well as grilled vegetables that are still crunchy and has nice grill marks.

I bbq 5 to 6 times per week.

I hesitated between this and the Weber Genesis at Costco, but really wanted to try the infrared side burner.
But they are both really nice grills and they have their own positives and negatives.
Hmm this may have pushed me over the fence... been looking at this one too

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)