Hot Deals

[Costco] Weber Genesis II CE-330 - $999.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 9th, 2020 12:07 pm
Aug 29, 2011
102 posts
37 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
Poco wrote: Question. If you were at Home Depot right now and the summit s470 was on sale for $1998, should you buy it? Asking for a friend...
Natural gas? Which location I’m in
May 3, 2016
557 posts
319 upvotes
floydian1975 wrote: I bought the Napoleon LEX485RSIBPSS (3 burners, infrared rotisserie and infrared side burner, stainless steel grates) about 2 months ago and absolutely love it.

It goes to 700°f + in about 6 minutes (without the infrared rotisserie burner, which I never use).
I have done the bread test and got practically no hot spots.

The infrared side burner makes awesome steaks, as well as grilled vegetables that are still crunchy and has nice grill marks.

I bbq 5 to 6 times per week.

I hesitated between this and the Weber Genesis at Costco, but really wanted to try the infrared side burner.
But they are both really nice grills and they have their own positives and negatives.
Pushed me over as well!

Thanks!
Dec 25, 2009
86 posts
45 upvotes
Contrecoeur
saad29 wrote: Pushed me over as well!

Thanks!
Hope you guys like it, I know I do.
Although my old one was a cheapo Sterling which did not cook evenly at all, it charred half of a piece of food and left the other half almost raw lol!

My cousin had the same Sterling and had the same experience as I did, and now he bought the same Napoleon as mine after seeing it Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Aug 7, 2005
838 posts
204 upvotes
Toronto
Where did you guys get the LEX485RSIBPSS grill? And what did you pay?

Cheers
Aug 14, 2012
293 posts
226 upvotes
North Vancouver
ReFuGeE wrote: Where did you guys get the LEX485RSIBPSS grill? And what did you pay?

Cheers
Well, I picked one up at Costco today... and will likely be putting all of the pieces back in the box and returning it. 2 of 4 bolts to connect the grill box to the assembly don't come anywhere close to being able to fit in the machined holes... off by at least 1/8" and loosening other screws to try and bend the side piece in just makes the gap even larger. Wtf! I'll try again tomorrow, but it's so far off I can't see it being physically possible that this will work.
Penalty Box
Apr 18, 2013
3122 posts
1329 upvotes
Canada
604reefer wrote: Well, I picked one up at Costco today... and will likely be putting all of the pieces back in the box and returning it. 2 of 4 bolts to connect the grill box to the assembly don't come anywhere close to being able to fit in the machined holes... off by at least 1/8" and loosening other screws to try and bend the side piece in just makes the gap even larger. Wtf! I'll try again tomorrow, but it's so far off I can't see it being physically possible that this will work.
The two screws on the back aren't supposed to go all the way in.
Jan 11, 2010
504 posts
46 upvotes
I had someone look it up (CE-330 LP model) at Downsview costco, nothing on order. In fact he said the item number is in status on Pending delete which and that it means no more will be reordered.
Dec 25, 2009
86 posts
45 upvotes
Contrecoeur
ReFuGeE wrote: Where did you guys get the LEX485RSIBPSS grill? And what did you pay?

Cheers
At Patrick Morin (in Quebec) on sale at $999
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
7619 posts
3869 upvotes
Alberta
gbill2004 wrote: Weber's recently switched to a lower grade stainless steel. Went from 430 to 304. The 304 is much better, less prone to rust, but more expensive.
georgep wrote: Do you have a source for this? My Weber Summit I bought in late 2019 is magnetic and non-magnetic in all the same places as my pre 2010 Summit. That said, the newer Summit has no welding of the stainless on the side tables or the front apron, which saves a lot of money.

x2. Our S-330 bought in Sept 2017 is made of all 430 stainless. Every single part is magnetic. Especially the flavorizor bars and grill grates. It almost seems like there is almost no chromium or nickel in any of the parts they used. Easy enough to verify the material used, we have a PMI gun at work.
Jan 18, 2005
146 posts
63 upvotes
mixxfixx wrote: Natural gas? Which location I’m in
This was at the Port Coquitlam Home Depot. I had to leave for an appointment and when I got back all the propane versions were sold out, all they had left was Natural Gas.
Jan 18, 2005
146 posts
63 upvotes
604reefer wrote: Well, I picked one up at Costco today... and will likely be putting all of the pieces back in the box and returning it. 2 of 4 bolts to connect the grill box to the assembly don't come anywhere close to being able to fit in the machined holes... off by at least 1/8" and loosening other screws to try and bend the side piece in just makes the gap even larger. Wtf! I'll try again tomorrow, but it's so far off I can't see it being physically possible that this will work.
I just bought it at Costco and had no trouble putting it together myself (except maybe lifting and positioning the grill box on the base alone). The screws attaching the grill box were a bit tough to align and required a bit of force to squeeze the base walls together. My biggest problem was not listening to my own advice and over tightening the screws before I was done. Once I loosened things up it shifted into position quite nicely.
Oct 3, 2007
325 posts
31 upvotes
scopopulus wrote: whats the recommendation here? buy or no buy
Definitely an excellent bbq, it sounds like it's unlikely to get stock but if you order it online it's $150 more. Mine just came in, set it up and used it and it's a fantastic bbq. For the online price it's still better than the regular E-330 in other big box stores as you get the SS grates vs the cast iron. Overall glad I spent the extra $150 as I don't believe the London locations will ever reorder.
Apr 14, 2009
320 posts
70 upvotes
If anyone in GVA is looking for NG version of the CE-330, Brighton location has about 6 in stock. No propane
Apr 15, 2008
233 posts
49 upvotes
GQ001 wrote: If anyone in GVA is looking for NG version of the CE-330, Brighton location has about 6 in stock. No propane
$999 or $1049?