[Costco] Weber Genesis II CE-330 - $999.99

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 4th, 2020 6:04 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
1126 posts
602 upvotes
Oakville
After searching the GTA and calling Costco to locate a NG model, I ended up getting the last display model in Orillia. Knocked $150 off the $999, so $849 plus tax. They said that no more were coming in for this year as part of their typical seasonal rotation.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
1662 posts
727 upvotes
Boom and Bust Calgar…
Kiraly wrote: <cringe> Please don't do that. That's a Portland and Calgary thing, using the 3-letter airport code to refer to the entire city. We don't do that in Vancouver. The airport code means the airport itself only. I get that there's a movement on Twitter to expand the code to mean the entire GVRD, but that confusing nonsense needs to not escape from Twitter.
As a Calgarian I find using the IATA code to refer to the city itself stupid. Even City Hall does it.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
1662 posts
727 upvotes
Boom and Bust Calgar…
BTW Calgarians, the new "SW" Costco has a few of these PROPANE ONLY.
Oct 13, 2005
121 posts
38 upvotes
Kiraly wrote: <cringe> Please don't do that. That's a Portland and Calgary thing, using the 3-letter airport code to refer to the entire city. We don't do that in Vancouver. The airport code means the airport itself only. I get that there's a movement on Twitter to expand the code to mean the entire GVRD, but that confusing nonsense needs to not escape from Twitter.
Kiraly wrote: Yeah or on RFD, “GVA” gets used, probably derived from GTA. But using “YVR” for the City of Vancouver or the whole GVR is just as much of a ‘nope’ as using “YYZ” to mean the City of Toronto or the entire GTA. Just not done.
Just worked on a show that had material from over 20 cities to catalog - so we used airport codes to organize the footage. Three letter abbreviations were very quick, handy and efficient. So I used it out of force of habit, not because of any "cool" factor or Twitter BS.

Clearly, it hits a nerve with some, and is apparently "just not done". :rolleyes:

Now that the Abbreviation Police have issued me my citation, I'll make sure never to "done" it again. Can I go now, officer?
Jul 10, 2007
435 posts
372 upvotes
Edmonton
Saw the Genesis propane model on clearance in southside Costco Edmonton for $699.97. Only two left and the floor model. No NG noted here. Didn't buy it BTW. Just thought it was a good deal.
Images
  • A06FFD67-C1FB-4CE8-A616-FA948ADC5CF8_1_105_c.jpeg
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
1662 posts
727 upvotes
Boom and Bust Calgar…
sketchy wrote: Just worked on a show that had material from over 20 cities to catalog - so we used airport codes to organize the footage. Three letter abbreviations were very quick, handy and efficient. So I used it out of force of habit, not because of any "cool" factor or Twitter BS.

Clearly, it hits a nerve with some, and is apparently "just not done". :rolleyes:

Now that the Abbreviation Police have issued me my citation, I'll make sure never to "done" it again. Can I go now, officer?
Good thing you never dealt with any cities that had more than one airport.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 9, 2011
9054 posts
10490 upvotes
Vancouver
sketchy wrote: Just worked on a show that had material from over 20 cities to catalog - so we used airport codes to organize the footage. Three letter abbreviations were very quick, handy and efficient. So I used it out of force of habit, not because of any "cool" factor or Twitter BS.

I'll let you off with a warning this time. Just don't do it again sir or I'll throw the book at you!

Searching RFD for "YVR" is a good way to find flight deals, airport parking deals, NEXUS renewal wait times, and other stuff that's related to the airport. It's far less useful when results are cluttered up with BBQ deals, baby bib deals, Costco gas prices in Port Coquitlam, and other stuff that has nothing to do with the airport. Keep the airport codes to the airport itself please.
Apr 4, 2006
385 posts
121 upvotes
In Prince George we only have the Natural Gas unit left for the same clearance of $699.97
20200921_105101.jpg
Jan 11, 2008
58 posts
2 upvotes
2 more LP at $699.97 at Calgary Crossiron when I left at 12:20pm today.
Jul 24, 2012
260 posts
128 upvotes
Canada
golfcraze wrote: Saw the Genesis propane model on clearance in southside Costco Edmonton for $699.97. Only two left and the floor model. No NG noted here. Didn't buy it BTW. Just thought it was a good deal.
St. Albert had 10 Propane models (9 now) for $699 as well. I bouncing off the walls right now I'm so happy! I've been waiting all year with my current BBQ needing new grills, burners, and flame tamers so to save $300 is pretty awesome.
Aug 8, 2006
453 posts
131 upvotes
propane webers in the GTA is a fairy tale to be told to my grandchildren
Jan 14, 2005
365 posts
7 upvotes
phez wrote: propane webers in the GTA is a fairy tale to be told to my grandchildren
I just called, they said none in Mississauga, 2 in Markham, 4 in Scarborough.
Jan 16, 2017
108 posts
86 upvotes
sketty55 wrote: I just called, they said none in Mississauga, 2 in Markham, 4 in Scarborough.
0 in Scarborough ( LP )
Jun 17, 2020
9 posts
4 upvotes
Saskatoon north end has 2 left in stock (LP). Other location has 0 - just floor model; can probably ask manager for a discount off of the floor model.
Feb 10, 2007
14 posts
41 upvotes
One on the floor Sun Oct 4 9 am Scarborough Warden location . 699 across the entrance to the fruits vegetable cold room .