Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] West (BC, AB, MB, SK) (Feb 4 - 10) (188 pics)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 15th, 2019 11:42 am
Tags:
Jan 6, 2010
163 posts
98 upvotes
Calgary, AB
CheapWinnipeger wrote:
Feb 6th, 2019 5:02 pm
Copyright? I think that you may be confused.

'Christian calendar'? I've never heard of that one. You may be confused.

The modern western calendar is called the 'Gregorian calendar'. Because it was Pope Gregory XIII that introduced it. Who was a pope. A Catholic Pope.

Should we change it's name to so that it's more inclusive?

Do the 'Hebrew', 'Islamic', 'Iranian', 'Hindu', 'Coptic', 'Thai Solar' or Tibetan' calendars bother you as much?

Should we start some petitions?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_calendars

... we're going to need more names...
Lol, don't need to get offended easily on the internet. It is up to you if you would like to call the western new year is Gregorian new year or Catholic new year. We always call it new year, it is good enough for this world.
You don't totally understand what we try to explain here. Peace! Let's return this topic to Costco weekly sale.
Mar 20, 2013
519 posts
436 upvotes
Winnipeg
I'm not offended at all.

I'm also not offended by the term "Chinese New Year".

... I've also never heard of this 'Catholic New Year' that you've brought up.

Happy Chinese New Year!
Mar 31, 2008
564 posts
227 upvotes
Edmonton
Jamal2207 wrote:
Feb 5th, 2019 10:39 pm
Anyone have the mattress topper? Is it the same as a mattress pad?
They aren't the same. The mattress topper is similar feel to a tempurpedic mattress except it's a lot thinner and sits on top of your existing mattress.
Nov 12, 2017
38 posts
15 upvotes
Calgary
Anyone tried those dried mushroom? I am always intrigued whenever I walk pass it...
Deal Guru
Jun 1, 2006
11400 posts
14686 upvotes
zhaobinis1 wrote:
Feb 6th, 2019 4:49 pm
I'm Chinese and I know a lot of people from other Asian countries who also celebrate your-lunar-my-Chinese new year. And they don't seems to have any problem recognizing the festival as Chinese new year. IMHO only people who are very insecure and protective about their culture would urge to argue the name.
Exactly. It is no different than people from different cultures celebrating Christmas even though they are not Christians. You don't to be Chinese to celebrate Chinese New Year.

BTW, I've never heard people wishing someone Happy "Lunar" New Year. Its always Happy "Chinese" New Year or most commonly, just "Happy New Year".
Have a nice day!

Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
20017 posts
6145 upvotes
hsiaolunwang606689 wrote:
Feb 6th, 2019 7:51 pm
Anyone tried those dried mushroom? I am always intrigued whenever I walk pass it...
They're pretty good.
I usually keep some around for when I'm too lazy to find fresh mushrooms.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2004
3052 posts
510 upvotes
Bubblegum86 wrote:
Feb 5th, 2019 1:55 pm
I have 3 Questions:
  1. Was waiting for the Nitrile Gloves to drop in price but this seems to be the regular price. Any particular reason for taking the picture?
  2. Anybody tried the Organic Fudge Ice Cream before? Does it taste good?
  3. How does the Aloe Vera drink taste? Never seen them before.
2. It tastes good to me.
Last edited by Balduno on Feb 7th, 2019 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2004
3052 posts
510 upvotes
death_hawk wrote:
Feb 6th, 2019 4:48 pm
No. A mattress pad is thin meant to protect your mattress.
A mattress topper is at least an inch or in the case of this 3 inches thick and used for comfort purposes.

A topper will perform the same duties as a pad (as in not staining your actual mattress) but now you stain the mattress topper instead.

Since it's foam and there's no protective layer, if you "stain" it hard enough, you'll still stain your mattress.

I think the Vulcans are thicker.
I want to say 3mm Kirkland and 5mm Vulcans, but I don't have a box in front of me so someone else will have to check.

The kirklands are thin and do break quite often, but they're cheap enough to replace so it's not a huge deal for me.

Richmond and Brighton are extra bad though because of the lack of comfort stalls.
Richmond moreso because of their small lot size.
Willlingdon is fine. Langley isn't bad. Poco isn't bad.
Surrey you do have to street (also... shut up.... now everyone is going to street...)
Vancouver you have to pay so it's double stupid.
Abbotsford means you have to go to Abbotsford.
What’s a comfort stall?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
20017 posts
6145 upvotes
Balduno wrote:
Feb 7th, 2019 5:22 am
What’s a comfort stall?
At (most) Costcos there's 2 lines and a space between cars instead of the usual one.
That means I can actually open the door instead of trying to squeeze in a 4 inch gap even though I'm perfectly centered in a spot.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2004
3052 posts
510 upvotes
death_hawk wrote:
Feb 7th, 2019 5:36 am
At (most) Costcos there's 2 lines and a space between cars instead of the usual one.
That means I can actually open the door instead of trying to squeeze in a 4 inch gap even though I'm perfectly centered in a spot.
Brighton redid their parking lot last summer. The spots are much more luxurious now.

When’s the last time you were there?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
20017 posts
6145 upvotes
Balduno wrote:
Feb 7th, 2019 5:40 am
Brighton redid their parking lot last summer. The spots are much more luxurious now.

When’s the last time you were there?
Like 6 months ago summer?
Apparently not since then...

I've always avoided it even though it's closer than Willingdon because parking sucks and the store is smaller.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2004
3052 posts
510 upvotes
death_hawk wrote:
Feb 7th, 2019 5:48 am
Like 6 months ago summer?
Apparently not since then...

I've always avoided it even though it's closer than Willingdon because parking sucks and the store is smaller.
Yeah, the parking spots are wider now, although it probably meant getting rid of some spots.
Dec 1, 2016
168 posts
69 upvotes
Thatdealguy wrote:
Feb 5th, 2019 4:40 pm
Nitrile Gloves. No discounts. Just took the pictures because a Rfder was asking about the price last week.
Thanks for clarifying! Keep up the good work, always appreciated :)
Nov 12, 2017
38 posts
15 upvotes
Calgary
death_hawk wrote:
Feb 6th, 2019 8:54 pm
They're pretty good.
I usually keep some around for when I'm too lazy to find fresh mushrooms.
Thank you :)!
Apr 23, 2016
270 posts
98 upvotes
TaurusJudge wrote:
Feb 5th, 2019 3:53 pm
We better tell my Chinese in-laws to take back the money in red envelopes they gave us for our kids over the weekend. I guess they don't know when Chinese new years is.

I really don't understand this recent development when people try and find things to get offended at. Life really can't be so boring that people have to invent drama from nothing.
The bold part is definitely the quote of the day. There are actually more important things to seriously worry about.