Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] West (BC, AB, MB, SK) (June 24 - 30 (129)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 29th, 2019 1:43 pm
Tags:
Jun 23, 2018
11 posts
7 upvotes
DougMckenzie wrote:
Jun 25th, 2019 4:37 am
Get Blentec. Their blades don’t need to be sharpened. Most commercial places use blendtec and the consumer market is headed in that direction. Blended usually has better reliability
Vitamix blades are designed to be dull and do not need sharpening either. Most commercial kitchens use Vitamix, but I see a lot of smoothie places use blendtec. Both are great and worth their price.
May 28, 2012
10217 posts
2383 upvotes
Saskatoon
softkitty wrote:
Jun 25th, 2019 2:22 am
Does Costco do price adjustments? I bought the helium tank a few weeks ago and now it’s on clearance... can I get a price adjust or do I have to rebuy and return?
They will only adjust the price if it's in stock at the store you are doing the adjustment.

Saskatoon had the 2.3 kg brick of J L Kraft marble cheese on sale for $19.99 ($24.00 minus $5.00 rebate).
Jun 16, 2019
102 posts
154 upvotes
west as
Noice, baby wipes. Just in time.
Thanks TDG
Dec 1, 2015
9 posts
4 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Can anyone recommend the Starbucks Spring blend beans?
Jul 17, 2018
30 posts
21 upvotes
Alivenate wrote:
Jun 24th, 2019 8:36 pm
Seems like Diaper Genie refills will never go on sale. Guess I'll just pick one up because I need it and hope it goes on sale next week for a price adjustment.

Hasnt gone on sale since Sept 24 - 30 and I'm almost done my last ring :(
What was the sale price last time? I'm curious
Dec 13, 2008
151 posts
35 upvotes
Anyone have the office chair? Looking for a comfortable for office work and gaming.
I'm just here for the deals....
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
22623 posts
8364 upvotes
Sopranos wrote:
Jun 24th, 2019 10:53 pm
Anyone tried those chicken wings? I generally just buy the pack that's in the meat cooler
Speaking as a chicken wing expert and snob, they're awful.
Pavel wrote:
Jun 25th, 2019 1:02 am
Overall, we found all Vitamix's too loud with the latest digital version the loudest.
Are people really expecting a quiet blender?
The Vitamix is essentially an expensive smoothie maker. If you have a baby then that's a different story. It's great to make baby food. Still, there's a bit of a learning curve in using it properly.
I mean... I think that's the primary thing, but anything that needs to be smooth can be made in it.
I use it as a spice grinder all the time. I blend soups/sauces/etc in it. Even make Pesto sometimes.
I don't really do smoothies so I haven't done that, but I do make drinks in it.

trellaine201 wrote:
Jun 25th, 2019 2:00 am
Thanks as always OP!

Anyone know the price of the A&W bottles of root Beer? I see it beside the coke picture. A&W uses cane sugar :)

Thanks
I think it's $12.99. Last week's post may have it.
DougMckenzie wrote:
Jun 25th, 2019 4:37 am
Their blades don’t need to be sharpened.
I don't know anything about blenders but I'm always suspicious when stuff doesn't have to be sharpened.
Not that I've ever sharpened my blender blades in the first place, but you get the idea.
Most commercial places use blendtec and the consumer market is headed in that direction. Blended usually has better reliability
Every (good) restaurant I've been in uses Vitamix. Bad restaurants use the $20 hardware store model.
Smoothie places I've seen use Blendtecs.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
22623 posts
8364 upvotes
blisterd_nuts wrote:
Jun 25th, 2019 2:06 pm
Anyone have the office chair? Looking for a comfortable for office work and gaming.
Is it True Innovations?
I've gone through a few of them. They're awful.
They tend to lean to one side after a few months.
Nov 10, 2009
49 posts
26 upvotes
Calgary
ForbiddenX wrote:
Jun 25th, 2019 2:05 am
Are the propane tanks still available at Costco? Is it worth it to get it there if they are? I'm assuming I need to get it filled elsewhere right?

Haven't had time to make it to costco just yet but have our new BBQ :(
If your Costco has a propane fill Station (beside the tire center) then they sell you the first fill with the purchase of the tank. Used to be about $10 or half of what a gas station charged.

I've seen the 20lb tanks in store nearly all year in Calgary.
Nov 21, 2010
258 posts
51 upvotes
ForbiddenX wrote:
Jun 25th, 2019 2:05 am
Are the propane tanks still available at Costco? Is it worth it to get it there if they are? I'm assuming I need to get it filled elsewhere right?

Haven't had time to make it to costco just yet but have our new BBQ :(
It was at the Burnaby Still Creek. Smaller one is $39.99 and the larger one is $64.99. Tons left at the BBQ/Seasonal area.
Sopranos wrote:
Jun 24th, 2019 10:53 pm
Thanks OP, much appreciated as always.

Anyone tried those chicken wings? I generally just buy the pack that's in the meat cooler
I bought them once. I wouldn't buy them again. They're too salty for my taste.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2004
3479 posts
821 upvotes
rocking23nf wrote:
Jun 24th, 2019 8:20 pm
any opinions on the Japanese ice cream treat things, I saw them at no frills a month ago and they caught my eye.
I bought them last year when they were on sale. They’re good.

Mango is a new flavour. Last year it was strawberry, vanilla, and green tea.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2004
3479 posts
821 upvotes
softkitty wrote:
Jun 25th, 2019 2:22 am
Does Costco do price adjustments? I bought the helium tank a few weeks ago and now it’s on clearance... can I get a price adjust or do I have to rebuy and return?
Yes, they do price adjustments.

If your store still has stock of a clearance item, you will get the adjustment. If it’s out of stock, you won’t.
Dec 25, 2010
872 posts
261 upvotes
Vancouver
$10 off a case of Red Bull is a very good deal. 24 cans for $32.99.