Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] West (BC, AB, MB, SK) (June 29 - July 5) (222)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 6th, 2020 11:13 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2002
3332 posts
1992 upvotes
Vancouver
stovetop wrote: No social distancing at the Richmond location. The inside is same as pre-covid.
Excellent mask compliance, however.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27298 posts
12922 upvotes
CheapWinnipeger wrote: Dude, you always have the best pictures. I follow two other blog type sites that post weekly pictures from Costco and yours are noticeably the best. The framing, the details and the positioning all stand out from the rest.
Don't forget to subscribe to premium! /s
bubblegummy wrote: I'm debating which one I should get, Ninja has more options. Food processor, dough maker. Slice cutter.... But vitamix only has one blade, and blade is fix, how to clean it?
Not speaking specifically about the Ninja, but products in general: Buy something that does what it does well.
Not an all in one that does 19 things poorly.
karvagio wrote: Are they still limiting the people inside to only 50?
I don't know what the actual counts are, but they have gone up. There's a frankly ridiculous number of people in store now.
There's lineups but never for more than a few minutes, compared to the 2 hours it was during the beginning of the pandemic.
Balduno wrote: I did see a few sample stations open again, but they are only promoting sale items and not giving out actual samples.
Am I the only one that hopes the samples never come back? A crowd of idiots blocking every aisle just to get a taste of something that was poorly cooked.

Mars2012 wrote: If you have the actual item number, I think you can actually call a specific location and they will check in their system for stock.
This is the best way of doing it. You can also ask them to check other locations nearby.
Typically speaking they won't give out pricing though.

stovetop wrote: No social distancing at the Richmond location. The inside is same as pre-covid.
Every store is like that now. Surrey was horrible too.
Spinner wrote: Excellent mask compliance, however.
I think giving out a free mask definitely helps here.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
7170 posts
3340 upvotes
Huge lineup outside the Willingdon location. When I saw that I just drove right through the parking lot and left. Didn't even get out of my car.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
1864 posts
1457 upvotes
GVRD
Went to Ikea Richmond recently. Kept physically bumping into no-mask people in the crowded isles of the store (full parking lot). It seems like COVID is "over". There's a lot of pressure to makeup for lost business - but the (pent-up) demand is certainly playing out too.

For Costco, I used to see employees sanitizing shopping cart handles, people wiping down carts when they enter, 75% mask-wearers, etc. Not anymore.

Fall/winter is going to be interesting to see what happens. Although the COVID-testing lines are getting longer each day at the testing centre, most people just follow BC's advice of "if you're sick, stay home" - and are untested.
Last edited by RxMills on Jul 4th, 2020 1:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jun 26, 2010
685 posts
414 upvotes
Vancouver
I've been to Langley last Sunday and two weeks before that. They offer you a mask before you go in, and a Lysol wipe just inside. No customer limits but people are very respectful.
I went at 4 pm, so an hour before closing, and had no problem finding a parking spot.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
1864 posts
1457 upvotes
GVRD
shabbydog wrote: I've been to Langley last Sunday and two weeks before that. They offer you a mask before you go in, and a Lysol wipe just inside. No customer limits but people are very respectful.
I went at 4 pm, so an hour before closing, and had no problem finding a parking spot.
Pre-closing is the best time to shop. However, some items (fresh baked goods, roasted chicken, COVID-protection and hygiene products, etc.) might have limited/no supply. One's strategy might demand on one's needs that week.
Nov 23, 2018
128 posts
87 upvotes
Bubblegum86 wrote: No sensodyne toothpaste on sale :(

Does anybody know when it usually goes on sale?
I never seen it on sale.
Nov 22, 2018
26 posts
21 upvotes
choclover wrote: Huge lineup outside the Willingdon location. When I saw that I just drove right through the parking lot and left. Didn't even get out of my car.
Same location, went there at about 2:30pm and it took less than 10 min to get in. When I left, there was no line-up at all. Mask compliance around 95%, at the entrance they asked if you have a mask or gave you one, technically everyone inside should have one but well you know how it is. Plenty of hand sanitizer, gloves and masks available. No social distancing at all.