Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] West (BC, AB, MB, SK) (Mar 18 - 24) (Good News and Bad News)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 27th, 2019 1:27 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
7199 posts
37824 upvotes

[Costco] West (BC, AB, MB, SK) (Mar 18 - 24) (Good News and Bad News)

Richmond Location.
Pics were taken on March 18 9:30 am

GOOD NEWS: China is opening its FIRST Costco store in Shanghai May 2019.
That means many resellers will stop buying out everything at Costco. Elizabeth arden increased their price by $15 because of Chinese resellers. They messed up the sale in China.

BAD NEWS: Because their domestic shipping is cheap and fast compared to Canada, most items will sell out quickly. That means more and more people in China will buy it from overseas resellers.
Last edited by MrDisco on Mar 22nd, 2019 12:46 am, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: Thread derailing
84 replies
Oct 17, 2010
562 posts
267 upvotes
Vancouver
But will they carry all the stuff that we have in Canada?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
7199 posts
37824 upvotes
Tobsterboi wrote:
Mar 21st, 2019 2:16 pm
Probably similar to Taiwan. They do have an official Costco Taobao store.

The price is similar to us. avg 10% - 20% more than us but no tax in China
Oct 17, 2010
562 posts
267 upvotes
Vancouver
Thatdealguy wrote:
Mar 21st, 2019 2:24 pm
Probably similar to Taiwan. They do have an official Costco Taobao store.

The price is similar to us. avg 10% - 20% more than us but no tax in China
Ic... I can picture people spending literally all day for line up just to get into costco in shanghai lol
Mar 16, 2006
209 posts
277 upvotes
Vancouver
lol was there a frenzy for the Contigo water bottles?

the Jansport backpack for $15 seems like a good deal
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
7199 posts
37824 upvotes
DownfallenX wrote:
Mar 21st, 2019 2:48 pm
lol was there a frenzy for the Contigo water bottles?

the Jansport backpack for $15 seems like a good deal
China best selling product = Contigo bottles. especially when there is a discount.
I know there are 3 3rd party shipping companies in GVA who buy lots of in bulk and then hold the items for a year.

if they cannot sell it, they will refund it back to Costco. Then that location will release it for sale at 70% off. Just like the ottlite lamp $12 (reg $40)
Mar 16, 2006
209 posts
277 upvotes
Vancouver
Thatdealguy wrote:
Mar 21st, 2019 2:58 pm
China best selling product = Contigo bottles. especially when there is a discount.
I know there are 3 3rd party shipping companies in GVA who buy lots of in bulk and then hold the items for a year.

if they cannot sell it, they will refund it back to Costco. Then that location will release it for sale at 70% off. Just like the ottlite lamp $12 (reg $40)
Ah, I thought it was only the S'well water bottles they wanted. I go to Richmond, but I usually don't need what the resellers need. thanks for your hard work.
Nov 6, 2011
183 posts
40 upvotes
Surrey
YES!! Those Pollock burgers are so freakin' good!! Waiting for the salmon burgers to go on sale so I can stock up on them!!!
Mar 6, 2019
88 posts
65 upvotes
Thatdealguy wrote:
Mar 21st, 2019 2:12 pm
Richmond Location.
Pics were taken on March 18 9:30 am

GOOD NEWS: China is opening its FIRST Costco store in Shanghai May 2019.
That means many resellers will stop buying out everything at Costco. Elizabeth arden increased their price by $15 because of Chinese resellers. They messed up the sale in China.

BAD NEWS: Because their domestic shipping is cheap and fast compared to Canada, most items will sell out quickly. That means more and more people in China will buy it from overseas resellers.
given i'm from richmond, this sounds like a GOOD news, GOOD news situation to me. things in that store have gone totally awry in recent years and anything that might (?) smooth things out would be welcomed by many. anyone that has visited there has surely witnessed the absurd, ridiculous and quite frankly obscene behavior on a regular basis. whether it is customer returns lines all the way out into the parking lot (including folks returning expired or unsold bulk stock), multiple customers sharing a single membership and having cashier constantly having to split invoices, shopping carts strewn all over the place, cars parked illegally in aisles and even in front of the store entrance, log jams of loud obnoxious people swarming around the sample kiosks or any old random location in the store, neverending lines at the concession, overflowing seating area, produce and other merchandise tossed around, ransacked not to mention one of my biggest pet peaves and that is the parking situation. when the lot is 1/2 - 3/4 full before the store is even open should trigger alarm bells in my opinion. the reason for this is that many use this lot as a park-n-go when using the Cda line located not even 2 blocks away. i have mentioned this to costco numerous times and they continue to turn a blind eye. i suspect it is good for business to have everyone whipped up into a frenzy and highly motivated to fill their carts in the least amount of time before they even enter the store.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2006
2398 posts
361 upvotes
The Whalen desk is $99.97 at Willington Costco. Two left as of yesterday.
Jun 15, 2010
140 posts
81 upvotes
Richmond
my favorite weekly post!

as always, thank you for your hard work TDG!
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
25231 posts
10649 upvotes
Tobsterboi wrote:
Mar 21st, 2019 2:16 pm
I doubt it.
Every country has different stuff.
Sure there's some "core" stuff that may be the same but generally speaking it'll be pretty different.
Temp. Banned
Jul 23, 2007
2420 posts
1166 upvotes
Vancouver
Don't buy things from China
All FAKE
Oct 8, 2015
703 posts
377 upvotes
just wait and see how those people abuse the return policy and mess up Costco's system...hehe

the real Shameless show is in China