Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] West (BC, AB, MB, SK) (May 18-24) (148)

• Last Updated:
  • May 30th, 2020 7:38 pm
Tags:
Penalty Box
Feb 23, 2004
4742 posts
1293 upvotes
Rob76 wrote: Hey @Thatdealguy, have you noticed if your Costco warehouse still carries the Tikka Masala sauce (2-jar pack)? We bought it in March and after trying it we loved it so much we went back for more only to never see it stocked again. With no item number, I spoke to someone at my Costco and after checking their system they said they have no record of the product lol
I’ve never seen this item at the Costco’s near me.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2007
2123 posts
431 upvotes
Red Deer
Balduno wrote: I’ve never seen this item at the Costco’s near me.
Thanks. I'm not usually a fan of tikka masala but this one was really great.

A colleague picked a pack up from Costco on my recommendation and she also loved it, she too never saw it in stock again. Typical Costco, get us falling in love with a product then stop carrying it : )
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
8205 posts
47440 upvotes
Ontario
Rob76 wrote: Hey @Thatdealguy, have you noticed if your Costco warehouse still carries the Tikka Masala sauce (2-jar pack)? We bought it in March and after trying it we loved it so much we went back for more only to never see it stocked again. With no item number, I spoke to someone at my Costco and after checking their system they said they have no record of the product lol

saw it ebfore but not anymore
Sep 25, 2019
212 posts
245 upvotes
I also try to rind these sauce, but have not seen in burnaby or coquitlam for 2 months now.
Penalty Box
Feb 23, 2004
4742 posts
1293 upvotes
Rob76 wrote: Thanks. I'm not usually a fan of tikka masala but this one was really great.

A colleague picked a pack up from Costco on my recommendation and she also loved it, she too never saw it in stock again. Typical Costco, get us falling in love with a product then stop carrying it : )
The store I most often go to is a smaller one that doesn’t carry some of the items posted here.

Never saw this one in mine.
Jan 15, 2015
612 posts
346 upvotes
Decius wrote: So looks like Costco is starting to get Northrock bicycles into stock. I'm wondering a couple things for those that may be experienced buying a bike from Costco
  1. How long do the bikes last in stock? Is stock replenished? I'm waiting on a gift card from Aeroplan to buy a bike, and kinda want a gauge on things (as much of a gauge as one can get in this day and age...)
  2. How is the bike packed?
...god I need a bigger car.
Jaiiii wrote: Did anyone saw northrock bikes in Costco yet?
Thanks in advance
AdamKing wrote: Anyone have any experience / insight into the bikes sold at Costco? Kind of pricey, is it worth it?

Looking for some weekend fun in the trail. Nothing hardcore and actually haven't biked for quite a few years
In Vancouver mid-April, these bikes were on display near the gardening stuff but quickly sold out within weeks. Last week, I noticed more bikes had arrived, but not the high-end ones displayed in the photos - just the youth bikes without front/rear disc brakes.

If I recall, the adult bikes which I initially saw (costing $399/$429) had aluminum frames and alloy wheels which makes them slightly better for long rides. When I got to the store a week later, they had sold out. My guess is that Costco should get more stock as bikes don't usually sell out in April. This year with COVID-19, bikes have been flying off shelves everywhere, it seems.

The only missing feature on Northrock is rear suspension system for doing basic trail riding. Since Northrocks were unavailable at the time I wanted to buy, I ended up getting a pair of CCM Apex dual-suspension bikes from Canadian Tire. At 50% discount, they were $70 less than the $399 Northrock but included full front/rear suspension, aluminum frame and front/rear disc brakes.

Incidentally, the "pricey" aspect of the Costco bikes is due to the fact they are all aluminum with front fork suspension and front/rear disc brakes. The aluminum frame may not be for you if you expect to be crashing your bike on trails though. Discs are useful for more precise braking and they likely won't need the more fiddly adjustment of the older traditional V-brakes.

CCM Apex Men's Dual Suspension Mountain Bike, 26-in...

Northrock bikes are made by Giant which is a Taiwanese company but I believe the bikes are from China. CCM bikes used to be a Canadian iconic brand in my childhood. The brand is now owned by Adidas and come from China.

The fit and finish of the Northrocks is reasonable quality and they have Shimano components (front/rear derailleur, crank, freewheel). I like the fact that my CCM Apex has 24-speed compared to the 21-speed Northrock mountain bike. If you are able to live with just the front suspension on the Northrock, though, it is a good deal at the listed Costco price for the features and overall quality.

The bikes come fully assembled from Costco - don't know if they have boxed bikes in the back.
Sep 10, 2013
4 posts
Hi Adam,

Which Costco are these bikes in stock?
AdamKing wrote: Anyone have any experience / insight into the bikes sold at Costco? Kind of pricey, is it worth it?

Looking for some weekend fun in the trail. Nothing hardcore and actually haven't biked for quite a few years

Nov 21, 2010
271 posts
59 upvotes
This is a long shot - but has anyone seen Animal Crossing for the Switch in store? For whatever reason I thought @Thatdealguy had posted a photo a long time ago but search bar isn't helping to comb through @raskal 's text list.

TIA!
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2005
3617 posts
3955 upvotes
Abbotsford, B.C.
Yushimi wrote: This is a long shot - but has anyone seen Animal Crossing for the Switch in store? For whatever reason I thought @Thatdealguy had posted a photo a long time ago but search bar isn't helping to comb through @raskal 's text list.

TIA!
I looked through mine again, no luck
shorter of breath and one day closer to death
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
1543 posts
594 upvotes
Boom and Bust Calgar…
donply88 wrote: Hi Adam,

Which Costco are these bikes in stock?
Phone a Costco near you and tell them you want to check stock on a item. Give them the #s in the picture - e.g. 1361857. They can tell you which stores have them in stock.
Nov 21, 2010
271 posts
59 upvotes
raskal wrote: I looked through mine again, no luck
Thanks for trying. I tried calling Costco before posting but couldn’t get through to a person.

I’ll just have to go in and check next time I need to go on a Costco run. Thanks again.