Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] West ( BC, AB, MB, SK) (Oct 15 - 21)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 22nd, 2018 7:58 am
Tags:
Jan 7, 2013
305 posts
32 upvotes
Kitsilano
Wow, that was quick! thank you for all your hard work!
“Too many people spend money they haven’t earned, to buy things they don’t want, to impress people they don’t like.”
Nov 27, 2006
48 posts
8 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Tremendous and very much appreciated work! Thank you.
Oct 18, 2010
71 posts
66 upvotes
BC
A HUGE thanks @Thatdealguy for putting this out every week!!
You save members a lot of time, and it's ultimately a net benefit for Costco, as I swear I go more when I can pre-shop the deals that I would have not known about or completely missed while wandering the Costco vortex.
Thumbs Up Sign
Money-mouth Face
Amex Simply Cash Preferred 💳
Dec 15, 2017
279 posts
455 upvotes
Vancouver
Has anyone seen the Roots lunch bag go on clearance yet? The Root backpack is on clearance and wanting to buy the matching lunch bag
Aug 30, 2015
262 posts
209 upvotes
BC
Sypsy wrote:
Oct 15th, 2018 11:25 pm
Yup! Remember folks, if it's mechanically tenderized (blade or needle pierces the surface) cook to at least medium rare (145 for 15 seconds) . That's probably all of the steaks here.
Yup, or if you want rarer - sous vide at least 131 F for sufficient time (Use a pasteurization table to look up the safe amount of time the meat must spend at a given temperature. Be sure to note if the table is set up for a specific thickness or if it factors in different thicknesses.)
Dec 14, 2006
152 posts
8 upvotes
Edmonton
If Costco East has something on sale this week but Western Canada does not, is the likely hood that it will go sale here soon possible?
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
1577 posts
794 upvotes
Vancouver
setlist wrote:
Oct 16th, 2018 1:56 pm
pasteurization table
Thank you, trying to google different combinations of "cook beef for 145 for 5 minutes" was driving me nuts. Googling this term let me find exactly what I was thinking about. I'm seriously considering a sous vide for shortening cooking times on weekdays.
Aug 30, 2015
262 posts
209 upvotes
BC
Sypsy wrote:
Oct 16th, 2018 2:19 pm
Thank you, trying to google different combinations of "cook beef for 145 for 5 minutes" was driving me nuts. Googling this term let me find exactly what I was thinking about. I'm seriously considering a sous vide for shortening cooking times on weekdays.
I cooked an epic barbeque evening at home with over 30 guests, involving 438 oz of costco beef steaks (plus cedar plank salmon and other options). I managed 4 different rarenesses via two sous vide devices (medium well goes into the water bath first, then lower the temp to medium and then those steaks join the water, etc to achieve two different donenesses in the same water). With sous vide you can safely exceed the minimum times by hours, so I was searing steaks on-demand, even for guests who arrived 2 hours later than planned.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
1577 posts
794 upvotes
Vancouver
setlist wrote:
Oct 16th, 2018 2:40 pm
I cooked an epic barbeque evening at home with over 30 guests, involving 438 oz of costco beef steaks (plus cedar plank salmon and other options). I managed 4 different rarenesses via two sous vide devices (medium well goes into the water bath first, then lower the temp to medium and then those steaks join the water, etc to achieve two different donenesses in the same water). With sous vide you can safely exceed the minimum times by hours, so I was searing steaks on-demand, even for guests who arrived 2 hours later than planned.
The ultimate reverse sear!

Blackfriday deals, don't let me down.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2006
4053 posts
922 upvotes
GwenScout wrote:
Oct 16th, 2018 3:25 pm
costco-west-bc-ab-mb-sk-oct-15-21-2230166/#&gid=1&pid=8

Only thing I'll say here is I'm pretty sure that pillow is nearly always 29.99 or even 27.99, so it's odd that it's saying regular price is 37.99. I've bought two in the past and neither were on sale and neither were over 30.
You may be confusing two different pillows. This one is on sale regularly, every couple of months, for this price but there is a cheaper one, with less density and less "shape" (don't know how else to describe it), which also goes on sale but has a regular price ~$28-30.
Aug 26, 2005
472 posts
287 upvotes
Thanks again for another week of pics and sales. That Logitech keyboard seems like a good buy as BB has a sale price of 74.99 so I hope to pick it up b/c multiple keys are no longer responding on my 8 year old keyboard. Still looking for a cheap pc but one thing at a time.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2018
1001 posts
635 upvotes
Vancouver
Burnaby Willingdon now has self-serve kiosks for their food court. Not sure if that's available everywhere else in BC but worth noting. Saw it two weeks ago.

Makes me want to buy food every time now before I leave as the convenience and ease of self-serve kiosk is too tempting to pass up on