Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

West (BC, AB, MB, SK) (Oct 7 - 13) (176) (weekend update)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 14th, 2019 1:11 pm
Tags:
Nov 24, 2012
289 posts
82 upvotes
Coquitlam
hi all, need help.... does anyone know the price for the plastic jug of canola oil sold in Costco BC ?
Banned
Feb 23, 2004
7940 posts
3542 upvotes
thefeebster wrote: Anyone have experience with the deodorizing shoe balls? Wondering if i should try those or the charcoal ones from amazon?

I'm confused now. Just last week a lady was ticketed for having her phone charging in her cup holder on the center armrest. This is where i put my phone while its plugged into the Aux. Ppl then told me i need to buy a car vent mount because that is legal, the cup holder is not. Why would they ticket if it is the recommended method?
The VPD canceled that ticket the next day.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.citynew ... older/amp/
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2008
1230 posts
659 upvotes
Vancouver
Balduno wrote: The VPD canceled that ticket the next day.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.citynew ... older/amp/
Yes, i am aware but its not the first time this kind of ticket has made the news and there have been similar ticket incidents that don't get publicized and don't get cancelled.

So i asked what should we be doing. Many ppl told me to get a vent or dash mount because it is the legal way, despite it being more distracting and in your line of sight. Now this guy is saying we'll be ticketed more with dash mounts... Thus the confusion.
Banned
Feb 23, 2004
7940 posts
3542 upvotes
thefeebster wrote: Yes, i am aware but its not the first time this kind of ticket has made the news and there have been similar ticket incidents that don't get publicized and don't get cancelled.

So i asked what should we be doing. Many ppl told me to get a vent or dash mount because it is the legal way, despite it being more distracting and in your line of sight. Now this guy is saying we'll be ticketed more with dash mounts... Thus the confusion.
There’s definitely some confusion as to what is allowed and what isn’t.
Aug 21, 2014
45 posts
8 upvotes
AB
LeafsWillWin wrote: In Calgary, the skillet gnocchi wasn’t on sale. Also there was no large mayo (last time when large ketchup was on sale that also didn’t exist in Calgary) and we couldn’t find the Tylenol cold/flu on sale either in Calgary. I didn’t know that it could vary so much between the provinces?
I think the Tylenol cold/flu should be on sale in Calgary, because it's on the flyer. Maybe they forget to change the price tag?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2002
6456 posts
925 upvotes
death_hawk wrote:
It's been there for a while.
There's 3 types: Shelf stable, fresh, frozen.
Are the frozen ones as good as those fresh ones? Is it a decent deal after discount? Had the fresh one before. Never tried shelf stable kind.
Jan 19, 2017
71 posts
50 upvotes
I just bough the 5 litre canola jug. I think it was $6.79. Gone up in the past year
Feb 3, 2013
466 posts
435 upvotes
Victoria
I wish Costco in-store had another decaf coffee bean option besides Java Club.
Jul 15, 2019
222 posts
177 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Balduno wrote: There’s definitely some confusion as to what is allowed and what isn’t.
Here's a link to the bylaw, in case anyone is interested: http://www.bclaws.ca/EPLibraries/bclaws ... e/96318_06

So mounting a phone on the dash is "legal" since it is hands-free (just don't go tap-happy on your phone, pull over if you need to navigate, or mount/dismount your phone. I got a ticket for placing my phone on the mount while sitting in traffic). The police believe that a phone in a cupholder (or even on the passenger seat) is still within arm's reach. I get it, if they actually see you with the phone in your hand, but to give you a ticket because it's sitting somewhere and they didn't see you touch it is beyond stupid.

Sorry, back to the Costco topic. Anyone have experience with the wifi smart electrical receptacles? I assume the small button in the middle is the override power button.
Nov 15, 2017
348 posts
665 upvotes
WEST CANADA
Just in time to get some food items for Thanksgiving. Thank you.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
I'm kind of tempted to install an internal dash cam now just so I can prove I wasn't playing with my phone if I ever get a ticket.
doraemon3475 wrote: hi all, need help.... does anyone know the price for the plastic jug of canola oil sold in Costco BC ?
5 or 18L?
jtcb wrote: Are the frozen ones as good as those fresh ones? Is it a decent deal after discount? Had the fresh one before. Never tried shelf stable kind.
I like fresh better. The frozen one tastes mushy almost.
Flavor is good but the texture is kinda meh.
It's cheaper though so I occasionally get it because I'm cheap.

Shelf stable is more "cooked" compared to this which is just smoked.
Think hot smoke vs cold smoke.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2007
6041 posts
2750 upvotes
Vancouver
MiuMiuT wrote: Anyone tried the Harvest meats Ukrainian sausage rings?
I did. Not bad. I microwave it to so it's warm/hot and some of the fat is out.
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2014
1870 posts
288 upvotes
moon
anyone seen par20 bulbs in store ? All i can see in the pictures is par30 and a19. Looking for par20 bulbs
Parents are the most precious gift anyone can get. Love you always Dad

2014 : 394.00$ Arv
Feb 20, 2014
262 posts
148 upvotes
THANK YOU TDG! those shearling slippers look interesting! good timing!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2002
6456 posts
925 upvotes
death_hawk wrote: I like fresh better. The frozen one tastes mushy almost.
Flavor is good but the texture is kinda meh.
It's cheaper though so I occasionally get it because I'm cheap.

Shelf stable is more "cooked" compared to this which is just smoked.
Think hot smoke vs cold smoke.
I guess frozen can be used as sashimi as well?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
jtcb wrote: I guess frozen can be used as sashimi as well?
I mean... fresh is meant to be eaten without cooking so it could too.
I'm not sure how they deal with parasites actually. I didn't think smoke affected them.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
7393 posts
2944 upvotes
Calgary
LeafsWillWin wrote: In Calgary, the skillet gnocchi wasn’t on sale. Also there was no large mayo (last time when large ketchup was on sale that also didn’t exist in Calgary) and we couldn’t find the Tylenol cold/flu on sale either in Calgary. I didn’t know that it could vary so much between the provinces?
Yea, that's my experience as well, Costco deals are region specific. Costco east and west carry different items, prices vary from province to province and sometimes even within the same province. I often see something I really want in a Costco thread like this but can't get the deal locally because it's not on sale or not available here. I also notice a lot of Costco clearance deals are only available back east. I guess Costco doesn't have a lot of love for Calgarians. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Aug 21, 2019
70 posts
95 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Thank you so much TDG!!
I hope the staffs get off your back now lol.

I wonder what's included in the switch bundle... A SD card and $40 value it seems. Night have to check it out now !

Just to update myself that the switch item description is actually changed on the tag now.
It does not include the eshop credits. But it's just the 12 month family membership I believe.
Images
  • IMG_20191010_134810.jpg
  • IMG_20191010_134818.jpg
Last edited by Overmydeadbody on Oct 10th, 2019 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 3, 2019
28 posts
30 upvotes
Thatdealguy wrote: Sorry I forgot to post this on Monday.

Near Richmond Costco. The new norm.

How did it end up? I hope the Mercedes guy was able to see the truck on time or other way round.Face Screaming In Fear

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)