• Oct 1st, 2019 5:02 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Dec 14, 2018
205 posts
117 upvotes
BC

[Costco] West (BC, AB, MB, SK) RXBARS pack of 14 $18.99

I have been waiting for these to go on sale at Costco. Nice tasting and I like that there made from all natural ingredients. Egg Whites, Almonds, Cashews, Dates, and no BS!!Smiling Face With Open Mouth This is a good price for these bars, not as good as Prime Days at Amazon. But Amazon now has them listed at $35.23 for 12! Costco has them for $18.99 in the store for 14. Or $44.99 online for 2 boxes of 14 bars. "RXBARs are protein bars made with real ingredients. Just real food that tastes good and is good for you. Each delicious bar packs 12g of protein and 5g of fiber in just under 220 calories."
Images
  • RXBAR Protein Bar Variety Pack, 14-count, 2-pack - Mozilla Firefox 10_1_2019 9_13_56 AM.png
6 replies
Jun 4, 2019
107 posts
143 upvotes
mjtree wrote: I have been waiting for these to go on sale at Costco. Nice tasting and I like that there made from all natural ingredients. Egg Whites, Almonds, Cashews, Dates, and no BS!!Smiling Face With Open Mouth This is a good price for these bars, not as good as Prime Days at Amazon. But Amazon now has them listed at $35.23 for 12! Costco has them for $18.99 in the store for 14. Or $44.99 online for 2 boxes of 14 bars. "RXBARs are protein bars made with real ingredients. Just real food that tastes good and is good for you. Each delicious bar packs 12g of protein and 5g of fiber in just under 220 calories."
Thanks for the post! In my opinion, these are the tastiest and healthiest bars I’ve ever bought. Actually quite filling as well.
Oct 14, 2014
136 posts
241 upvotes
Halifax, NS
Going through a pack of chocolate seasalt flavour. I find them repulsive.

Will never buy again.
Mar 27, 2007
8 posts
5 upvotes
North Vancouver
Unfortunately there is some bs, read the actual ingredients on the back and ignore the front. Hint, natural flavors are anything but truly Natural.
[OP]
Dec 14, 2018
205 posts
117 upvotes
BC
fmanji wrote: Unfortunately there is some bs, read the actual ingredients on the back and ignore the front. Hint, natural flavors are anything but truly Natural.
Maybe not "truly Natural", but it seems all natural to me!Smiling Face With Open Mouth "INGREDIENTS: Dates, Dried Egg Whites, Cashews, Almonds, Chocolate, Cocoa, Natural Flavours, Sea Salt."
[OP]
Dec 14, 2018
205 posts
117 upvotes
BC
roadieweb wrote: Apparently they were involved in a class action suit regarding the actual ingredients,
"alleging that the protein bars do not contain full egg whites nor “real fruit.”
https://www.truthinadvertising.org/rxbar/
https://www.foodnavigator-usa.com/Artic ... al-experts

[edit: one more link]
Thanks for the links and the info is interesting. Only in the US would they sue for something like this!Smiling Face With Open Mouth I like this quote from the second link. "Unfortunately, many of these cases aren’t designed to win at trial. They are designed simply to put companies in the position to decide whether they are going to fight it or settle out. Companies such as RXBAR, which has received a lot of attention and presumed increase in sales, are likely targets for plaintiff lawyers seeing potential big sales and deep pockets. It will be interesting to see whether they push back."

I have not seen the ad that is posted on the first link and there is nothing on the packaging here saying it has "real ingredients". And it would not matter to me if its egg whites or egg white protein or infused fruit. I have bought energy bars for over 25 years and even use to get 100's shipped in from the US as they did not sell them here. These are the best ones I have tried that have reasonably healthy ingredients and at a reasonable price. The best ones are the ones I make that are very healthy and have "real ingredients"!Face With Tears Of Joy But that takes time and the RXBAR'S are quick and easy for a snack while I am out hiking, mtn biking or cross country skiing.

Here some interesting info on the guys that started the company "Peter Rahal started RxBar, a protein-­bar company known for its sleek, minimalist packaging, in 2012. Five years later, he and co-founder Jared Smith sold their startup to Kellogg for $600 million." That is a quick and nice pay off!
https://www.inc.com/magazine/201804/dan ... rview.html