[Costco] Western Canada (AB BC) Ski Lift deals 2020/2021

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 25th, 2021 1:53 am
[OP]
Dec 11, 2003
177 posts
181 upvotes
Central AB
theprocess wrote: For Lake Louise, Plus Card seems like a better deal. Also works at Castle, Panorama, RED Mountain and Schweitzer.
Of course that depends on your situation. Louise and Sunshine plus cards both give 1st, 4th, and 7th day free. Take these examples for comparison...

Taking my wife to Lake Louise for 1 day of skiing and then to Sunshine for 1 day of skiing:
Costco Passes: $180 for 2 Sunshine passes + $198 for 2 Louise passes = $378 total
Plus Cards: 2 Sunshine cards for $198 + 2 Louise cards for $198 = $396 total

Same thing, but for 2 days of skiing at each of Sunshine and Louise:
Costco Passes: $360 for 4 Sunshine passes + $396 for 4 Louise passes = $756 total
Plus Cards: 2 Sunshine cards for $198 + 2 regular Sunshine lift tickets with $15 discount for $224 + 2 Louise cards for $198 + 2 regular Louise Lift tickets with 20% discount for $198.40 = $818.40 total

Same thing, but for 3 days of skiing at each of Sunshine and Louise:
Costco Passes: $540 for 6 Sunshine passes + $594 for 6 Louise passes = $1134 total
Plus Cards: 2 Sunshine cards for $198 + 4 regular Sunshine lift tickets with $15 discount for $448 + 2 Louise cards for $198 + 4 regular Louise Lift tickets with 20% discount for $396.80 = $1240.80 total

Once you get to 4 days of skiing at each, then it makes sense to do the plus cards.
Oct 3, 2008
77 posts
32 upvotes
Has anyone heard anything about the Fernie passes this year?
Aug 6, 2019
90 posts
38 upvotes
sorry to hijack but every year BF sunshine super cards go on sale $80, no tax. its also the cheapest for the different season passes.
its against the rules, but every year ive been buying 3 cards and using the free days and asking tourists to use up my discount days. thats $27 a day for 9 days. i do sometimes feel like a bum soliciting tourists but they are really grateful and ive made some holiday friends.
rant alert:
window prices are for suckers and the price of lift tickets is out of control. that hills like marmot charge the same amount as sunshine is arrogance. i love jasper but i wont be visiting in the winter any more. im going to ski the hills this year but the pricing has me considering switching to touring next year
Sep 30, 2011
20 posts
6 upvotes
Bowmanville
Anyone found any deals for Mont Tremblant? I remember Costco having lift tickets a couple years back.
May 17, 2005
295 posts
35 upvotes
Richmond Hill
kyleb88 wrote: Anyone found any deals for Mont Tremblant? I remember Costco having lift tickets a couple years back.
Not happening this year, you can only buy them from their website if you don't have a season pass.
Mar 7, 2020
38 posts
67 upvotes
No RCR this year? Fernie has increased their prices big time, so a bundle is a must. Plus they have discontinued the RCR card...now they are doing a discount card for $30 which is kinda crap.

Also shocking a Lake Louise bundle is $197, and Sunshine's is $179...they used to always be roughly the same.
May 14, 2019
46 posts
71 upvotes
budmerman wrote: sorry to hijack but every year BF sunshine super cards go on sale $80, no tax. its also the cheapest for the different season passes.
its against the rules, but every year ive been buying 3 cards and using the free days and asking tourists to use up my discount days. thats $27 a day for 9 days. i do sometimes feel like a bum soliciting tourists but they are really grateful and ive made some holiday friends.
rant alert:
window prices are for suckers and the price of lift tickets is out of control. that hills like marmot charge the same amount as sunshine is arrogance. i love jasper but i wont be visiting in the winter any more. im going to ski the hills this year but the pricing has me considering switching to touring next year
Looks like no extra Cyber Monday discount this year for the Sunshine Super Card unfortunately, still listed at the $99 "sale" price not $79 like the last few years. I also noticed the option to have the card mailed isn't there this year.
Mar 7, 2020
38 posts
67 upvotes
xXRealDealXx wrote: Looks like no extra Cyber Monday discount this year for the Sunshine Super Card unfortunately, still listed at the $99 "sale" price not $79 like the last few years. I also noticed the option to have the card mailed isn't there this year.
Yeah, appears RCR is being really tight on everything this year, and Sunshine gave up on their Cyber Monday $79 card....seems Lake Louise is the only one operating as usual.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2008
1047 posts
486 upvotes
Edmonton
xXRealDealXx wrote:
Looks like no extra Cyber Monday discount this year for the Sunshine Super Card unfortunately, still listed at the $99 "sale" price not $79 like the last few years. I also noticed the option to have the card mailed isn't there this year.
BenL9232 wrote: Yeah, appears RCR is being really tight on everything this year, and Sunshine gave up on their Cyber Monday $79 card....seems Lake Louise is the only one operating as usual.
No incentive for any of the hills to offer unnecessary discounts. Everyone is clamoring to get out to the hills as other activities are restricted. With additional protocols and restrictions to maintain social distancing, it's going to feel like skiing back in the 80s and 90s when on site services and chalets were barebones, so if you want to take a break, it might mean going back to your vehicle to hang out. The local hill we normally get a membership at has reduced weekday hours and capacity in general but yet pricing remained in line with previous years, yet they sold out. Going to have a lot new skiers which is good for the sport/activity, however all of them showing up at once is going to meaning regular gong shows.
Last edited by canukeneh on Nov 30th, 2020 8:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mar 7, 2020
38 posts
67 upvotes
canukeneh wrote: No incentive for any of the hills to offer unnecessary discounts. Everyone is clamoring to get out to the hills as other activities are restricted. With additional protocols and restrictions to maintain social distancing, it's going to feel like skiing back in the 80s and 90s when on site services and chalets were barebones due to the restrictions, so if you want to take a break, it might mean going back to your vehicle to hang out. The local hill we normally get a membership at has reduced weekday hours and capacity in general but yet pricing remained in line with previous years, yet they sold out. Going to have a lot new skiers which is good for the sport/activity, however all of them showing up at once is going to meaning regular gong shows.
Well, I've already skied a few times this year...and Lake Louise felt pretty normal other than table service only lodges with 1/3 the tables, and mandatory masks in the lift lines. Fernie is getting rediculous with their insane $134 window lift ticket, no Costco card posted yet, and a new RCR card that is a joke this year (basically a small discount card). Not only that, Fernie just announced opening day Dec 10th...with potential further delays. Revy and LL ARE offering incentives.
I'll be only ski touring, and giving my money to Revy and LL this year.
Aug 6, 2019
90 posts
38 upvotes
bummer. looks like a cross country ski year for me. im going to take up touring. the hills have priced me out.
Dec 7, 2013
17 posts
9 upvotes
Chestermere
Did anyone see a costco pass for Marmot Basin this year? Trying to figure out if its worth the drive
[OP]
Dec 11, 2003
177 posts
181 upvotes
Central AB
RichardQ wrote: Did anyone see a costco pass for Marmot Basin this year? Trying to figure out if its worth the drive
I'm not sure if what you're asking for. Marmot passes are listed in the 1st post.
Dec 16, 2015
134 posts
139 upvotes
Sundre, AB
BenL9232 wrote: Well, I've already skied a few times this year...and Lake Louise felt pretty normal other than table service only lodges with 1/3 the tables, and mandatory masks in the lift lines. Fernie is getting rediculous with their insane $134 window lift ticket, no Costco card posted yet, and a new RCR card that is a joke this year (basically a small discount card). Not only that, Fernie just announced opening day Dec 10th...with potential further delays. Revy and LL ARE offering incentives.
I'll be only ski touring, and giving my money to Revy and LL this year.
Same experience here. We buy a Nakiska pass every year as my son is 9 and he still enjoys it. We've done LL 3 times already and had great days there. Nakiska far oversold tickets on the one Saturday we went, the line up was waaaay over the top, we left. Also went last Friday and due to wind they were delayed opening until noon. They didn't update social media or their site until 11ish, going to be hard to even use our pass there this season. LL is winning in my books.
Dec 2, 2020
4 posts
Does anyone know it the LL Costo tickets come with a promo code for the Fairmont LL?
I bought a few years ago, and back then they had a ~$195 a night w. parking
Oct 29, 2020
12 posts
7 upvotes
Calgary
CFOG2000 wrote: Does anyone know it the LL Costo tickets come with a promo code for the Fairmont LL?
Look at the photos in the 1st post, you can see a special price for Fairmont
[OP]
Dec 11, 2003
177 posts
181 upvotes
Central AB
CFOG2000 wrote: Does anyone know it the LL Costo tickets come with a promo code for the Fairmont LL?
From my blurry picture I took of the back of the card in-store, it does look like they have that offer again. I think it says $219/night (last year was $209/night). Sun-Thurs only. Complimentary self parking. There are blackout dates too but I can't make them out.
I'll have to get a better photo some time.
Jul 25, 2015
182 posts
96 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
RichardQ wrote: Did anyone see a costco pass for Marmot Basin this year? Trying to figure out if its worth the drive
I like Marmot as a hill. Definitely smaller than Louise or Sunshine but still lots of awesome terrain and not nearly as busy.

That being said, I've never bought the Costco passes since unlike most of the other ones, Marmot's are consecutive days only. I don't normally ski the same hill 2 days in a row unless I'm staying the night somewhere further.