• Last Updated:
  • Sep 2nd, 2019 5:47 pm
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2006
9633 posts
2280 upvotes
rakeshraghu wrote:
Aug 19th, 2019 12:11 pm
Seems to be a great solution for my garage. Can this be hooked to the wall for added safety? To avoid any tip-offs.
I connected mine to the wall with plumbing strap. just that extra little help in case one of the kids do something dumb one day.
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
13068 posts
3687 upvotes
Toronto
gptt916 wrote:
Aug 19th, 2019 11:43 am
Thats the in warehouse price. costco.ca charges extra for delivery. I know people have long complained about the high shipping costs, but you have to remember that this is a 200lb, 8x3' size package so it's going to require at least 2 people, a vehicle that can fit and time/effort to get it for the cheaper price in a warehouse.
I don't mind paying a reasonable amount for delivery but they are charging $180 plus tax, ($330 - $150), more than the cost of the product... That's nuts.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2004
1592 posts
549 upvotes
rocking23nf wrote:
Aug 19th, 2019 10:56 am
these are amazing, I have 2 of these with a work bench in between.

this is the work bench I put in the middle, looks great.
Do you have a URL for that bench. Does it attach to the posts as well?
:arrowu: :arrowu: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowl: :arrow: :arrowl: :arrow: B A
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
13068 posts
3687 upvotes
Toronto
This really needs a truck rental to move it, or at least a pickup... and Costco.ca is essentially charging $180+tax for shipping.

Will have to pass I guess, even though I could use these shelves.
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2006
9633 posts
2280 upvotes
doctorgonzo wrote:
Aug 19th, 2019 12:27 pm
Do you have a URL for that bench. Does it attach to the posts as well?
I got it at peavey mart, it doesn't attach but fits quite nice between 2 units

I did mine like this pattern, one since i removed the bottom row and put it over top of the bench, this allowed for larger items under one shelf like the lawn mower and outside planters, and gave me a 3rd top shelve for longer term storage.
Images
  • bench.jpg
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2005
1658 posts
1933 upvotes
Toronto
Anikiri wrote:
Aug 19th, 2019 11:52 am
Just so people know, this thing is HEAVY.
Really isnt that heavy. Just helped another guy load onto a kart. Its more bulky then heavy lol
Nov 9, 2011
682 posts
429 upvotes
Toronto
sonyminidiscman wrote:
Aug 19th, 2019 12:41 pm
Really isnt that heavy. Just helped another guy load onto a kart. Its more bulky then heavy lol
"heavy" is a relative term to a lot of people. And 200lb is HEAVY to me. The other guy wouldn't need your help loading onto a cart if it wasn't heavy..
Mar 11, 2002
714 posts
172 upvotes
maxRoi wrote:
Friends, can this fit in a compact SUV or needs a much bigger vehicle?
I was able to fit one of these (unboxed) in my 2013 Subaru Impreza hatch without anything sticking out. Boxed it would stick out.
Jul 5, 2018
222 posts
818 upvotes
doctorgonzo wrote:
Aug 19th, 2019 10:47 am

It weighs 200lbs so you'll need a 2nd person to load. Box is quite large as well.
Challenge accepted....

I threw the large box over my head and carried it like a water bucket on my head balancing it. Then as I proceeded through the door I accidently bumped it and the shelf lost balance.
I tried to salvage it with repositioning my hands but it was too late. It ripped right out of my hand and I fell and my body became like a human pretzel. On the plus side I did achieve a position I thought only possible to gymnists.

After I got it home I set it up and wanted to test if it was so durable before I moved it to my garage. So I did a dry run and set it up in my living room. I grabbed as much weight as I could and even called some friends over and we all piled on it. Must have been about 2900 lbs a row. Suddenly I heard a cracking noise and was scared it was the shelving. We all look and it seemed fine. But then the floor gave out and we fell into the basement. That short moment of falling felt like an eternity. I knew the price of this house was too good to be true. On a positive note there was about 8 of us on the shelf as well as misc other stuff, so we got to do the IFly experience without paying them a dime. So there's that. Overall the shelf seems good.
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2006
9633 posts
2280 upvotes
its heavy, but i could do it myself from the store, but certainly easier with 2 people. once you get it home, just open the box and take the parts out one at a time to move it.
Jan 20, 2007
275 posts
45 upvotes
Montreal
rocking23nf wrote:
Aug 19th, 2019 10:56 am
these are amazing, I have 2 of these with a work bench in between.

this is the work bench I put in the middle, looks great.
This is what I want to do!
Is it simply a wood tabletop on the supports, or is the workbench a separate setup?
Where did you find yours if you don't mind?
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2006
9633 posts
2280 upvotes
w01f wrote:
Aug 19th, 2019 12:54 pm
This is what I want to do!
Is it simply a wood tabletop on the supports, or is the workbench a separate setup?
Where did you find yours if you don't mind?
mine is from peavey mart, its a rubber wood top, so very durable, the frame is the same metal as the Costco frame. go to peavey mart and search workbench
Jul 23, 2012
411 posts
136 upvotes
Montreal
maxRoi wrote:
Friends, can this fit in a compact SUV or needs a much bigger vehicle?
With lowered seats it should fit; may have to put it in at an angle. I got this to fit into my Passat with no issues, and, someone here commented that it fit into their Impreza. Have a second person to help as it's heavy; did this by myself and, it was a little tricky.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
2181 posts
1197 upvotes
Prince George
I’ve loaded / unloaded several of these by myself. Just lift one end at a time, with the other end on wheels (flat cart or hand truck).

Great deal... every time it comes around I wish I had more space to put up more of them Face With Tears Of Joy
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2004
1592 posts
549 upvotes
rocking23nf wrote:
Aug 19th, 2019 12:38 pm
I got it at peavey mart, it doesn't attach but fits quite nice between 2 units

I did mine like this pattern, one since i removed the bottom row and put it over top of the bench, this allowed for larger items under one shelf like the lawn mower and outside planters, and gave me a 3rd top shelve for longer term storage.
Found it.

Thanks, but I'm too cheap to spend $410 on a workbench. Looks nice though.

https://www.peaveymart.com/Industrial-W ... P5404.aspx
:arrowu: :arrowu: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowl: :arrow: :arrowl: :arrow: B A

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)