[Costco] Whalen industrial 5 Tier shelf $149. 99

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 2nd, 2019 5:47 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2007
2057 posts
1052 upvotes
Vancouver
Install this on the roof with the arm chair looking at the viewFace With Tears Of Joy🤣🤣Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy🤣
Ohb and some beers too
Nov 29, 2006
983 posts
264 upvotes
rakeshraghu wrote:
Aug 19th, 2019 12:11 pm
Seems to be a great solution for my garage. Can this be hooked to the wall for added safety? To avoid any tip-offs.
You can mount to the wall, and the feet posts have holes where you can also drill directly into the floor if you want as well. Depending on your set up, I really couldn't tip these over even if i tried (I do have a few of these attached together).
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
2724 posts
1061 upvotes
I fit two of these in a Hyundai Elantra sedan except that they were the 6-foot, 4-tier models and were out of their boxes. Based on that though, I'd say there should be a good chance that these would fit in a mid-sized SUV. Worse case Ontario [/Ricky - Trailer Park Boys], bring some rope to tie your tailgate down if they are a bit too long.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2005
1658 posts
1933 upvotes
Toronto
tonershop wrote:
Aug 19th, 2019 12:46 pm
"heavy" is a relative term to a lot of people. And 200lb is HEAVY to me. The other guy wouldn't need your help loading onto a cart if it wasn't heavy..
That dude has no problem lifting 200 lb if it wasnt 8 feet long. And really if doing it by one person you are not lifting all 200 lbs. you are lifting one end and onto the kart. And then move the other end. And i helped that guy is just to be friendly.

All u need is two average skinny dudes and u can move this shelf. Dont need to make it sound like it takes a gym buff to move it.

I did a backyard patio in May. Whats heavy is wet clay soil. 10 tons of hpb. 6 ft concrete step at 500 lb each. Thats HEAVY.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
2725 posts
1531 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
rocking23nf wrote:
Aug 19th, 2019 12:20 pm
I connected mine to the wall with plumbing strap. just that extra little help in case one of the kids do something dumb one day.
They'd have to be messing around with a come along or a winch, especially if you had it loaded.
But then, never underestimate the ingenuity of kids.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
2725 posts
1531 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
doctorgonzo wrote:
Aug 19th, 2019 1:52 pm
Found it.

Thanks, but I'm too cheap to spend $410 on a workbench. Looks nice though.

https://www.peaveymart.com/Industrial-W ... P5404.aspx
Buy a second shelf from Costco, and use an angle grinder with a cut off disc to cut it to the height you want for a bench. Use two layers of 3/4" plywood , glued together, as the top. Or buy some 3" x 3/4" hardwood at Habitat Restore (or off Kijiji) and laminate the faces together. Tonnes of way to make a kick assed bench top.
May 22, 2016
201 posts
81 upvotes
Bought this tonight. Took it home in my Honda CRV, it is heavy and had the Costco guys give me a hand to put it in my car.

When I got home, backed up to my garage, dragged it out, and into my garage. Not to difficult, and saved the shipping fee.

For reference, I'm 5'7, 175lbs, medium build.
Last edited by SS76SS on Aug 21st, 2019 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Jun 12, 2007
14203 posts
3542 upvotes
London
ktkn wrote:
Aug 19th, 2019 6:04 pm
You can mount to the wall, and the feet posts have holes where you can also drill directly into the floor if you want as well. Depending on your set up, I really couldn't tip these over even if i tried (I do have a few of these attached together).
I thought the holes were to install rollers, good thing I read your post
Nov 29, 2006
983 posts
264 upvotes
sonyminidiscman wrote:
Aug 19th, 2019 9:15 pm
That dude has no problem lifting 200 lb if it wasnt 8 feet long. And really if doing it by one person you are not lifting all 200 lbs. you are lifting one end and onto the kart. And then move the other end. And i helped that guy is just to be friendly.

All u need is two average skinny dudes and u can move this shelf. Dont need to make it sound like it takes a gym buff to move it.

I did a backyard patio in May. Whats heavy is wet clay soil. 10 tons of hpb. 6 ft concrete step at 500 lb each. Thats HEAVY.
I bought 5 (had to make 2 trips), and I did it myself. I ended up returning 1, again.. by myself. It gets harder as you have to lift and stack them higher. I need to say that while I managed to do it myself.. it is VERY heavy and VERY difficult to do. Too all you people out there...Be nice to yourself, get a friend.
Nov 24, 2014
36 posts
17 upvotes
Chestermere, AB
Thanks! Got one! So many left at the East Hill Costco in Calgary!
Nov 20, 2018
22 posts
5 upvotes
Damn been waiting for these to go down and I missed it! Any way they would still honor it late?
Aug 3, 2014
131 posts
190 upvotes
Surrey, BC
Nope they don't honor expired sales pricing.
Dec 1, 2009
249 posts
150 upvotes
Ottawa
It's on sale once a year I think. I only bought two but now I need another one.