• Jan 28th, 2023 8:33 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2007
1975 posts
917 upvotes
YYC

[Costco] Whey Protein Isolate/Plant/Concentrate 2KG $49.99/$37.99

Costco has some protein powders on sale this month. These are instore prices.

Isolate + Collagen $49.99
https://www.costco.ca/leanfit-sport-pro ... 42712.html

Plant Vanilla $49.99
https://www.costco.ca/leanfit-organic-p ... 92152.html

Chocolate/Vanilla Concentrate - $37.99
https://www.costco.ca/leanfit-whey-prot ... 92336.html
https://www.costco.ca/leanfit-whey-prot ... 92328.html

Has anyone tried the isolate? I'm curious how it compares to the whey gourmet isolate Costco sells. I got a couple of tubs of that when it was on sale and it mixes well with water. It's less clumpier than the revolution nutrition isolate I was using before.
Last edited by inocent on Jan 2nd, 2023 7:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
95 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17017 posts
4805 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
Missing the volume for the price to get you objective opinion on the deal.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2004
1575 posts
514 upvotes
Richmond Hill
vegan proteins under $30 per kg is a good price not sure why the down vote, if u take vegan proteins - I do - also keep an eye on healthy planet sometime they have iron vegan for cheap.

Seriously vegan shouldn't cost more than dairy products.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2007
1117 posts
1078 upvotes
Still waiting for the return of a chocolate (or unflavoured) isolate sweetened with only stevia. Whey gourmet is too sweet (sucralose+stevia) vs. Kaizen (stevia only). The chocolate leanfit isolate never came to the warehouse in the GTA or online.
Mar 20, 2016
565 posts
535 upvotes
Vancouver
The "Isolate + Collagen $49.99" is showing as $57 for me.
Only the "LEANFIT Whey Protein – Vanilla Flavour" shows as $48.

I assume its $49 in store then?
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2006
2625 posts
3757 upvotes
jpwkr1 wrote: The "Isolate + Collagen $49.99" is showing as $57 for me.
Only the "LEANFIT Whey Protein – Vanilla Flavour" shows as $48.

I assume its $49 in store then?
Yes, these are usually ~$10 cheaper in store.
Nov 2, 2018
14 posts
28 upvotes
Edmonton
I bought the isolate a couple months ago. I forced myself to finish the bag. The taste is awful compared to the non-organic Leanfit Whey vanilla. Also, it does not mix well in water. Would never buy again.
Sep 15, 2019
60 posts
25 upvotes
The isolate + collagen tends to clump when stirring, but it dissolves once the clumps are broken. It is a very thick protein due to the collagen so make sure you are using a lot of liquid. It took a while to become accustomed to the taste, but I now prefer it to the cheaper whey protein that Costco also sells. Asides from the initial big clump, it mixes better than the cheaper whey protein and it also does not have soy in the ingredients (the cheaper whey protein mix now has soy in it).
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2004
6849 posts
2591 upvotes
M4F1R3 wrote: I bought the isolate a couple months ago. I forced myself to finish the bag. The taste is awful compared to the non-organic Leanfit Whey vanilla. Also, it does not mix well in water. Would never buy again.
Agree. Don't buy this garbage. I was at the lake and was the only option at the grocery store. It is absolutely terrible. I actually emailed them to tell them how terrible it was. This is how protein tasted 20 years ago. Chalk that didn't mix and you hate to literally choke down.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2007
1975 posts
917 upvotes
YYC
Thanks for the feedback. Glad I didn't buy a bag. I'll stick to the gourmet isolate when it goes on sale.
Nov 25, 2014
77 posts
156 upvotes
Toronto
I hated the isolate when I first tried it but eventually got used to it.

If you're using a shaker bottle make sure you add the liquid first before the protein. I find it requires a bit more liquid to dissolve properly.

I usually throw it in my blender with other things in it and it isn't too bad.
Aug 23, 2022
36 posts
25 upvotes
Finishing bag of this isolate. The taste is not great, not terrible; gourmet isolate was better. I bought another bag today because the price is the best on the market.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2020
4009 posts
3292 upvotes
Why would they add collagen? It's a shit incomplete protein.

Man, Kaizen was a huge loss, seeing these reviews. 1.6/5 lol...
Jul 14, 2021
43 posts
15 upvotes
ADenariusSaved wrote: Why would they add collagen? It's a shit incomplete protein.

Man, Kaizen was a huge loss, seeing these reviews. 1.6/5 lol...
Even worse is where the discount brands get the collagen from. You're paying extra for like bones and tendons.... blech
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2020
4009 posts
3292 upvotes
Geeyejoe wrote: Even worse is where the discount brands get the collagen from. You're paying extra for like bones and tendons.... blech
Doesn't seem very vegan lol.

Yeah, I wish we could just crowdbro-finance Kaizen back to life. The competition is just complete shit. I might actually have to go back to natural whole food.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2001
6039 posts
1413 upvotes
rural ontario
I have one tub of Kaizen left from a bulk buy last year. I don't know if I should open it and use it or just stare adoringly at it - once its used then no more even again.

I guess adding collagen to protein will help make you buff with supple skin.
72 69 6c 6c 65 73
Dec 30, 2006
870 posts
701 upvotes
Toronto
MotoCross817 wrote: Chocolate concentrate is pretty bland.
Bland or taste like poop?

I can live with bland at this price point.
Jul 7, 2019
789 posts
651 upvotes
tyrrell wrote: Bland or taste like poop?

I can live with bland at this price point.
Bland, faint chocolate, almost like nothing. Yah at this price I'm not complaining. First time trying I was excited to see the sale and was thinking of stocking up, but ill probably move on after 1 bag, or at least try the Vanilla instead.