Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Whey Protein Isolate/Plant/Concentrate 2KG $49.99/$37.99

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 2nd, 2023 11:50 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2007
1032 posts
1396 upvotes
Is this stuff still in stock in the GTA? went to two different costco last week and it seemed like they were sold out of the leanfit (they had some whey gourmet)
Jan 12, 2023
2 posts
1 upvote
Just bought this stuff yesterday and tested it out. It's really meant to be mixed with other foods, in a smoothie perhaps, as it tastes absolutely horrible on it's own.
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2006
1247 posts
1589 upvotes
Toronto
mcwilly wrote: I buy the 25lbs bulk isolate from Revolution.
At the moment the promos aren't as good. Usually you can get it down to around $280 - $290 all in.
That's actually pretty good.
May 7, 2010
811 posts
253 upvotes
Toronto
Apologies if someone already mentioned but I saw ON Gold Chocolate at Costco this evening. I don't remember ever seeing them carry it before. I think it was a 6lb bag for $89. Not a hot deal but fair if you like ON Gold.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
4371 posts
6938 upvotes
Unfortunately, it seems Leanfit has changed the ingredient profile when they switched from the tubs to the bags...

I bought a bag and was just going to reuse the tubs. But I just had a look at the ingredients and the new formula isn't as clean. If I had read the ingredients at Costco, instead of just assuming it was the same as before, I wouldn't have bought it.

Old Formula (Tub):
Whey protein concentrate, Whey protein isolate, Cocoa, Xanthan gum, Salt, Stevia extract, Bromelain, Papain, Lipase, Natural flavours.

Contains: Milk

33g Scoop, Calories 130, Fat 2g (1.5g saturated, Trans 0), Carbs 2g (1g Sugars), Protein 25g, Cholesterol 70mg.

New Formula (Bag):
Whey protein concentrate, Whey protein isolate, Cocoa, Xanthan gum, Salt, Stevia extract, Coconut oil powder (Medium chain triglycerides), Lipase, Bromelain, Papain, Natural flavours.

Contains: Milk and Soy

35g Scoop, Calories 140, Fat 3.5g (Saturated 2g, Trans 0.2g), Carbs 3g (2g Sugars), Protein 24g, Cholesterol 115mg

This is unfortunate as Leanfit used to be a pretty clean and affordable protein powder when on sale. Now the scoop size has gone up, but the protein content has gone down. There are now trans fats in it, small amounts but still present. Higher sugar content. Cholesterol isn't always a big deal, but it's a decent jump for only 2g larger scoop. Plus now it contains Soy...

So they're charging more, using cheaper packaging, and now it's an inferior product as well. It's still relatively clean compared to other brands, but this is disappointing.

Leanfit Bag.jpg
Leanfit Tub.jpg
Deal Fanatic
Feb 16, 2006
5264 posts
2270 upvotes
Vancouver
Bought a bag of the Leanfit Whey chocolate (not the Isolate) for $37.xx to try. Was interested to see if it would trigger a lactose response as I am lactose intolerant and normally have to take a couple of Lactaid type tablets to have a half bowl of ice cream or a glass of standard milk (not filtered or treated for lactose).

Not as nice a chocolate taste as their previously available Leanfit Sport Whey Isolate powder but a minimal or no reaction to a 35-40 gram scoop.

Mixes very well in almond milk or water.

Oct 26, 2019
179 posts
56 upvotes
Vancouver
Caerus wrote: Unfortunately, it seems Leanfit has changed the ingredient profile when they switched from the tubs to the bags...

So they're charging more, using cheaper packaging, and now it's an inferior product as well. It's still relatively clean compared to other brands, but this is disappointing.
Is that enough to make you to switch to a different product?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2001
6581 posts
1748 upvotes
rural ontario
I find the mixability of the bag is much worse then the jug.
The transition to the bag seems to be kiss of death - I used to buy musclepharm by the jug -- then they went to bags and the profile went downhill and mixiblitiy was just terrible.
72 69 6c 6c 65 73
Jan 23, 2011
69 posts
55 upvotes
Caerus wrote: Unfortunately, it seems Leanfit has changed the ingredient profile when they switched from the tubs to the bags...

I bought a bag and was just going to reuse the tubs. But I just had a look at the ingredients and the new formula isn't as clean. If I had read the ingredients at Costco, instead of just assuming it was the same as before, I wouldn't have bought it.

Old Formula (Tub):
Whey protein concentrate, Whey protein isolate, Cocoa, Xanthan gum, Salt, Stevia extract, Bromelain, Papain, Lipase, Natural flavours.

Contains: Milk

33g Scoop, Calories 130, Fat 2g (1.5g saturated, Trans 0), Carbs 2g (1g Sugars), Protein 25g, Cholesterol 70mg.

New Formula (Bag):
Whey protein concentrate, Whey protein isolate, Cocoa, Xanthan gum, Salt, Stevia extract, Coconut oil powder (Medium chain triglycerides), Lipase, Bromelain, Papain, Natural flavours.

Contains: Milk and Soy

35g Scoop, Calories 140, Fat 3.5g (Saturated 2g, Trans 0.2g), Carbs 3g (2g Sugars), Protein 24g, Cholesterol 115mg

This is unfortunate as Leanfit used to be a pretty clean and affordable protein powder when on sale. Now the scoop size has gone up, but the protein content has gone down. There are now trans fats in it, small amounts but still present. Higher sugar content. Cholesterol isn't always a big deal, but it's a decent jump for only 2g larger scoop. Plus now it contains Soy...

Leanfit Bag.jpgLeanfit Tub.jpg
I bought the Chocolate concentrate yesterday and found it tastes way better than the old tub version and doesn't clump like the old tub version. Mixes very well in a shaker bottle with water.

Don't like the bag but I dump it into the old tub.
Sep 25, 2007
303 posts
322 upvotes
GTA
The isolate is by far the worst tasting protein I’ve tried. If it was $9.99 I’d still pass.

I find all of the leanfit proteins to be very poor tasting, but the concentrate is tolerable. Still prefer to pay more for others, but if you’re re mixing in with other ingredients it may work just fine.
Mar 23, 2005
838 posts
349 upvotes
Montreal
I got the isolate + collagen one and it's not bad(mind you I'm in my 30s so wanted to try out with some collagen). I always blend mine with a magic bullet with some frozen fruit, nut/seed butter, and sometimes yogurt. Works fine for me but I don't really think about taste or consistency when I down these. To me, it's something I chug quick for the gains.

Don't understand people that complain about taste/consistency of their drink. I mean Rocky just blended up some raw eggs lol
Aug 23, 2022
95 posts
111 upvotes
alias_neo wrote: I got the isolate + collagen one and it's not bad(mind you I'm in my 30s so wanted to try out with some collagen). I always blend mine with a magic bullet with some frozen fruit, nut/seed butter, and sometimes yogurt. Works fine for me but I don't really think about taste or consistency when I down these. To me, it's something I chug quick for the gains.

Don't understand people that complain about taste/consistency of their drink. I mean Rocky just blended up some raw eggs lol
I'm the same here. I remember when we drink no flavor BCAA's, and just got used to it. For me, taste/consistency is absolutely acceptable. And anyway, show me something with similar nutrition facts and for this price these days.
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2004
1396 posts
357 upvotes
GTA
alias_neo wrote: I got the isolate + collagen one and it's not bad(mind you I'm in my 30s so wanted to try out with some collagen). I always blend mine with a magic bullet with some frozen fruit, nut/seed butter, and sometimes yogurt. Works fine for me but I don't really think about taste or consistency when I down these. To me, it's something I chug quick for the gains.

I am the same. Life is to short to be drinking just water and protein.

Nutri Bullet cost me $50 four years ago, and I’ve used it everyday almost twice a day.
Dec 4, 2022
34 posts
11 upvotes
Got the Vanilla Concentrate - $37.99 a bit ago kind of randomly..did not see that it was a mix, but(!) I will say, this has the mildest flavour out of any brand I've tried so it could be an okay buy for people looking for that or somewhat close to "unflavoured" heh

So far so good.
Apr 21, 2013
164 posts
42 upvotes
Tried the isolate. It’s not bad but it has a weird aftertaste. Nothing to make you gag if you’re use to protien powders. Just a very slight medicine taste. I’m assuming it’s the bcaa leucine which makes everything taste like ass not saying I’ve tasted that before…. Anyways. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I’m referring to the least expensive isolate made by lean fit sold at Costco. Can’t remember if the marine is the more expensive.
Mar 23, 2005
838 posts
349 upvotes
Montreal
Jinseng wrote: Tried the isolate. It’s not bad but it has a weird aftertaste. Nothing to make you gag if you’re use to protien powders. Just a very slight medicine taste. I’m assuming it’s the bcaa leucine which makes everything taste like ass not saying I’ve tasted that before…. Anyways. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I’m referring to the least expensive isolate made by lean fit sold at Costco. Can’t remember if the marine is the more expensive.
I just assume it was the collagen or stevia that gave a weird taste. Whatever it is, not an issue for me since I blend and chug it. My friend has been staying over the past few days (and downing more scoops than me lol) but he’s a gym buff and says it’s actually not bad tasting but he really doesn’t care about taste that much

He doesn’t use the blender but says it doesn’t mix as well as the more expensive one he has at home but was impressed with the value for protein quality for this and it’s acceptable for him. He just spends more time mixing it which is not bothersome at all. I suspect something about the collagen makes it blend less nice but it’s good for your joints and skin so who cares lol. I think I’ll buy another bag before the sale ends.
Apr 21, 2013
164 posts
42 upvotes
Oh yeah. Could be the stevia. I totally forgot about that.

I usually throw the PB powder with it for more calories and protein anyways so that's an option. Unfortunately I went to Costco recently it's not on sale anymore. Stocked on the the gourmet isolate that one sale for the next few weeks.
Mar 23, 2005
838 posts
349 upvotes
Montreal
Jinseng wrote: Oh yeah. Could be the stevia. I totally forgot about that.

I usually throw the PB powder with it for more calories and protein anyways so that's an option. Unfortunately I went to Costco recently it's not on sale anymore. Stocked on the the gourmet isolate that one sale for the next few weeks.
Which location did you check. It’s still on sale online. In my experience, it’s usually cheaper in store when something like this is on sale
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2011
1217 posts
872 upvotes
Canada
Bought it and mixed with one I actually like the taste of. Problem solved!
Apr 21, 2013
164 posts
42 upvotes
alias_neo wrote: Which location did you check. It’s still on sale online. In my experience, it’s usually cheaper in store when something like this is on sale
I checked the Etobicoke location near me. I saw it online but it more expensive than the gourmet isolate in-store so I just went for that instead.

I do want to try the ON protein one day which they stocked recently in-store but it's hella expensive. Wonder why it's so expensive. Maybe it includes horrific gas farts or violent diaherea. 🤣🤣🤣

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)