Costco will shortly be changing its return policy

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 26th, 2008 4:14 am
Tags:
None
Banned
Dec 26, 2007
67 posts
I buy my laptops from costco only simply cause of their generous return policy. If it is infact 6 months now, I will be sure to make one more trip to return the one Im using now and get another free upgrade.

Im joking lol. :cheesygri
6 - Do you believe in the devil? I do.
6 - Have you ever been possesed by the devil? I have.
6 - Have you ever seen the devil? Always.
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2005
3000 posts
125 upvotes
Mtl
GYR8 wrote: Did this happen in B.C.? Because it *hasn't* changed yet. It sounds like they are saying it has... :|

GYR8
The policy has changed in montreal also. There's a sign up by the return counter.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2006
9820 posts
856 upvotes
Not really a big issue for most people because 90 days should be more than long enough to decide if you want to keep something or not. 2 year warranty is more than what most stores offer too so its a win-win situation for most. Those that lose, really should lose their membership too. :cheesygri
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2005
3000 posts
125 upvotes
Mtl
GYR8 wrote: Hi Everyone,

Here are the REAL facts:
-The Costco computer return policy (with the exception of Alberta) has been 6 months since November 4th, 2002.
-The return policy changes are being tested in Alberta currently. It is now a 90-Day return policy on computers / televisions / MP3 Players / Cell Phones / cameras / camcorders. This came into effect January 7th.
-The warranty on laptops is 2 Years in *all* provinces currently.
-The warranty on Desktop computers is typically 2-Years on the tower and 1-year on the monitor. I don't know specifically if the change to the return policy will extend the monitor to 2-years.
-The warranty on almost all of the tvs is 1 Year. This will change to 2 years on all tvs purchased *after the return policy changes in the rest of the country.
-In addition to the previous two points, there will be a concierge toll-free service available to members that have purchased items after the return policy changes.

That's all I can tell you at this point. If you have any other questions, you will have to ask someone in a store location.

GYR8
Any ideas when these new return policies will be implemented in the rest of the country?
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2003
4599 posts
248 upvotes
Burnaby
GYR8 wrote: Hi Everyone,

Here are the REAL facts:
-The Costco computer return policy (with the exception of Alberta) has been 6 months since November 4th, 2002.
-The return policy changes are being tested in Alberta currently. It is now a 90-Day return policy on computers / televisions / MP3 Players / Cell Phones / cameras / camcorders. This came into effect January 7th.
-The warranty on laptops is 2 Years in *all* provinces currently.
-The warranty on Desktop computers is typically 2-Years on the tower and 1-year on the monitor. I don't know specifically if the change to the return policy will extend the monitor to 2-years.
-The warranty on almost all of the tvs is 1 Year. This will change to 2 years on all tvs purchased *after the return policy changes in the rest of the country.
-In addition to the previous two points, there will be a concierge toll-free service available to members that have purchased items after the return policy changes.

That's all I can tell you at this point. If you have any other questions, you will have to ask someone in a store location.

GYR8
Seems this mostly affects computers and laptops, with some electronics thrown into the mix. I'm assuming this means other electronics like DVD players or external hard drives, or even furniture for the sake of argument, are not affected by this change?
Items for Sale:
...nothing for now...

References: eBay Feedback
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2003
1839 posts
158 upvotes
Vancouver
sparrow_69 wrote: Any ideas when these new return policies will be implemented in the rest of the country?
Umm, let me say again what I said in my previous post:
"That's all I can tell you at this point. If you have any other questions, you will have to ask someone in a store location."

:lol:

GYR8