Costco

Williams Spartivento Coffee - $39.99 for 2kg of good quality coffee - save $15

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 12th, 2022 12:32 pm
[OP]
Nov 10, 2020
20 posts
82 upvotes

[Costco] Williams Spartivento Coffee - $39.99 for 2kg of good quality coffee - save $15

A part of Costco's Holiday deals. William Spartivento Fairtrade and Organic Ground Coffee, 6 Light to Dark Roast Varieties. Enjoy
32 replies
Jan 27, 2011
606 posts
458 upvotes
I've only ever tried the elephant one. Looking forward to trying all the others. Good deal on a variety pack!
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2018
1774 posts
2148 upvotes
Meh, don't want decaf or espresso so it's a pass
>Wake up and take the orange pill ...
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
2588 posts
3255 upvotes
Fredericton
Keep us updated on the other things you don't intend to buy, thanks!
Oct 31, 2018
376 posts
917 upvotes
Colombian light roast, 340 g
La Crema medium roast, 340 g
Corposo dark roast, 340 g
Sumatra dark roast, 340 g
Italiano espresso, 340 g
Decaf, water process, 340 g

Looks a good mixed pack to try plus a good price, in for one
Lehmann L
Jan 22, 2017
253 posts
217 upvotes
Montreal
Are these on the oily side? Especially the dark roasts?
Mar 23, 2015
472 posts
189 upvotes
Westmount, QC
Are these offered in Warehouses ?
Mar 25, 2006
293 posts
192 upvotes
Heads up: the OP is ground coffee. Whole bean is also available (individual or varieties) but not at discounted price.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2009
7992 posts
5964 upvotes
Toronto
Decaf kills the deal for me.
Or is this just conditioning?
To be honest, I've never really given it a try.
My cult believes that coffee = caffeine

For the last few years, I've also fallen into the Espresso machine rabbit hole (though nowhere near as far as others), and have completely walked away from both drip and preground coffee. I'm still pretty lazy, and have not really read up much on distinctions, such as knowing what is better as drip, and what is better for an espresso machine. Ultimately, I think I just love the convenience of making a cup on demand with an espresso machine, VS making a large pot. Also, frothed milk rules.

I am curious - for those interested here, are you strictly drip, or are you multi talented coffee connoisseurs?
"When someone is burning a book, they are showing utter contempt for all of the thinking that produced its ideas, all of the labor that went into its words and sentences, and all of the trouble that befell the author . . .” ― Lemony Snicket
Jul 6, 2009
754 posts
249 upvotes
I've tried 3 in the past and was not a fan. I find their roasts darker than other similarly labelled coffee. Light roast is closer to medium, and medium is darker than normal.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
7037 posts
4478 upvotes
why did they throw in decaf? wasted a bag for me. I am debating if I should get it or not
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2018
1774 posts
2148 upvotes
Bordak wrote: Keep us updated on the other things you don't intend to buy, thanks!
Some people buy blindly, so making sure they know what they are getting
>Wake up and take the orange pill ...
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2017
2041 posts
654 upvotes
Toronto
I only have Nate’s light and medium roast, my espresso machine doesn’t take dark roast. Wish they had custome order for same price.
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2011
1201 posts
1525 upvotes
ottawa
Tried the espresso beans once - oily and not good-tasting at all. First and last-time purchase.
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2012
1776 posts
1493 upvotes
Lake Simcoe
I buy the orange bag regularly and it's excellent. Bought the blue bag Corposo or whatever it's called and it was good but nothing special. Didn't bother trying the espresso beans.
In comparison to the level ground I bought last week..... Level ground coffee (Ethiopia) is a huge disappointment. Avoid it.

If you like full flavour strong coffee, you can't go wrong trying this 6 bag mix.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2017
5309 posts
5425 upvotes
Ottawa
love2save wrote: I buy the orange bag regularly and it's excellent. Bought the blue bag Corposo or whatever it's called and it was good but nothing special. Didn't bother trying the espresso beans.
In comparison to the level ground I bought last week..... Level ground coffee (Ethiopia) is a huge disappointment. Avoid it.

If you like full flavour strong coffee, you can't go wrong trying this 6 bag mix.
The Sumatra is the orange bag and we have been drinking it for years. We also tried the Corposo and found it a little too dark for our tastes. Not knowing what to do with the large bag of the Corposo beans we decided to mix them with the Sumatra beans. It is a delicious blend. The Corposo kicks up the flavour and the Sumatra mellows it out. That's all we do now. We pick up the Sumatra at the warehouse and get the Corposo on sale online.