Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Winix Air Purifier with 2 filters - $149.99

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 15th, 2022 12:09 pm
Nov 29, 2009
389 posts
579 upvotes
North York
Seems like most ppl keep it on 24/7, would that drain a lot of power?
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2015
3482 posts
3868 upvotes
Antarctica
Are there any other options recommended for a floor around 700-800 sq-feet? Or do people just prefer buying multiple of these instead? Thanks.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2010
1017 posts
786 upvotes
Canada
twostepdrew wrote: Just a head's up that I believe on another thread someone else mentioned Plasmawave involves ozone so if that doesn't work for you, you can turn it off.

Bought this a month ago and running it 24/7, great purifier and awesome value for the money,
Thanks for the advice but I don't think that Plasmawaves produce ozone which is the beauty of this machine.
Deal Addict
May 3, 2006
2733 posts
676 upvotes
Toronto
BobSagget wrote: I run it 24/7 and make sure to clean the pre-filter every 14 days. Always lots of dust comes out of that thing.
How do you clean your pre-filter?
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24232 posts
43261 upvotes
ONTARIO
Usuyami wrote: How do you clean your pre-filter?
I don't know how others go about it, but what I do is turn off the system, then carefully pop out the pre-filter and take it outside. I say carefully because it's easy to accidentally kick up the dust sitting on the filter.
Once outside, I use my electric air duster to give it a once over. It's so powerful the filter goes from dusty to 100% spotless in like 10 seconds.

It's not necessary to use an air duster like that, but it works so well.
Deal Addict
May 3, 2006
2733 posts
676 upvotes
Toronto
BobSagget wrote: I don't know how others go about it, but what I do is turn off the system, then carefully pop out the pre-filter and take it outside. I say carefully because it's easy to accidentally kick up the dust sitting on the filter.
Once outside, I use my electric air duster to give it a once over. It's so powerful the filter goes from dusty to 100% spotless in like 10 seconds.

It's not necessary to use an air duster like that, but it works so well.
Nice. I'm sure there are many ways to go about it but I was interested in your way since you clean it fairly often. Thanks for sharing.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24232 posts
43261 upvotes
ONTARIO
Zaptor99 wrote: The auto function is not very reliable as the sensor only detects certain odours/gases. I run mine 24/7 at speed 3. You can barely hear it. I don't use the plasma because of the ozone thing.
Exactly how we use it as well.

Fan speed 3 on 24/7. Plasmawave turned off.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24232 posts
43261 upvotes
ONTARIO
Usuyami wrote: Nice. I'm sure there are many ways to go about it but I was interested in your way since you clean it fairly often. Thanks for sharing.
Yeah I am sure you could just as easily pop out the pre-filter then quickly go over it with a vacuum and it would work just as well.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
4373 posts
6939 upvotes
flora0222 wrote: Seems like most ppl keep it on 24/7, would that drain a lot of power?
Not at all. If you run it on Turbo 24/7 then maybe, but nobody does that. Turbo is usually just used as a quick circulation, then you drop it down to the lower levels.

Leaving it on speed 3 only uses 11.4 watts.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1501 posts
3477 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
flora0222 wrote: This is prob a dumb question, do u guys keep it running 24/7, or only when u are in the room? My hubby has allergy and we only run it at night when we sleep..
Yeah you gotta run them 24/7 with doors and windows closed for them to be effective.

They’re designed to handle constant use. I only turn mine off to clean the outer filter or when it’s time to replace the filter. They’re also great for managing kitchen odors, cooking salmon etc.

But also make it a point to air out your house daily, so you’re not breathing in deteriorating plastics and dead skin - two major contaminants found in all homes.
Don't request PMs in your signature - Mods
Aug 27, 2013
782 posts
538 upvotes
cloud
Crichtonfan wrote: Are there any other options recommended for a floor around 700-800 sq-feet? Or do people just prefer buying multiple of these instead? Thanks.
The Blueair Blue 121 does 600 sq ft, which was on sale 2 weeks ago for $360 ($100 off):
https://www.costco.ca/blueair-blue-pure ... 23760.html

Otherwise there're IQAir purifiers that does 1000+ sq ft ($1200+ on Amazon.ca).
Aug 27, 2013
782 posts
538 upvotes
cloud
frugal1 wrote: This is a great deal. I have an old Sharp air purifier that is more than a decade old and a set of replacement filters costs about $120 on Amazon.
This is like a carbon copy of my old Sharp in terms of physical design,but at half the price and twice as good (CADR (dust / pollen / smoke specs)!

Was gonna order a replacement filter for the Sharp, but now I guess not!

Just bought the Blueair Blue 121 two weeks ago also...
Aug 27, 2013
782 posts
538 upvotes
cloud
vancityguy0 wrote: Yeah you gotta run them 24/7 with doors and windows closed for them to be effective.
I used to do that -- when I only worried about particles (dust/pollens/wild fire smoke).

But once I started measuring my home's CO2 level, I've found out I need to open the windows part of the day to get fresh air in (I don't have an HVAC at home). Air purifiers like this one don't get rid of CO2 or NOx gases.
Aug 27, 2013
782 posts
538 upvotes
cloud
flora0222 wrote: Seems like most ppl keep it on 24/7, would that drain a lot of power?
it's rated at 70W (max fan speed I guess?) which is quite high for an air purifier this size.... but you wouldn't be running it at max speed 24/7...
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2005
2963 posts
388 upvotes
What is the CADR on this?

Levoit core 300 have CADR of like 150
Look here
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2013
6155 posts
10805 upvotes
Canada
Raead wrote: What is the CADR on this?

Levoit core 300 have CADR of like 150
It’s good for the price

CADR (DUST / POLLEN / SMOKE)
243 / 246 / 232
(This is cfm)
May 15, 2011
495 posts
332 upvotes
I have owned one Winex for about 18 months now. It really does grab a huge amount of dust. You will probably end up needing to clean the prefilter weekly initially. I use a vacuum cleaner to clean mine (I do it outside although my vacuum also has Hepa filtration). You could also blow it out vs vacuuming the prefilter.

I bought a 4 pack of the filters which came with 12 prefilters on Ebay and I think I paid about $50 usd but it was some time ago. I am still working through that supply.

I think I might purchase a 2nd one. This is a great price for a really functional air filter.

I highly recommend.
Time to update my signature!
Nov 4, 2019
128 posts
113 upvotes
cmchiu wrote: it's rated at 70W (max fan speed I guess?) which is quite high for an air purifier this size.... but you wouldn't be running it at max speed 24/7...
It is rated pretty high but it only consumes 37~W at full speed. I keep mines on the second setting and it only draws 5W.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)