Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Winix C535 Air Purifier - $159.99 ($40 off)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 28th, 2023 3:43 pm
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
47851 posts
8580 upvotes
Richmond Hill
TrevorK wrote: Gas furnaces have venting to move air outside.
But the air purifier does not. So the gas furnace is creating negative air pressure whether or not there is an air purifier in the room. The most the air purifier would do is move air around (since it has a fan), but because it's a closed system, it's not going to change the pressure.
Aug 5, 2008
419 posts
265 upvotes
TrevorK wrote: Gas furnaces have venting to move air outside.
Sorry, still confused - your gas furnace will vent stale air outside (and probably draws in fresh air from outside) regardless of whether or not you have this air purifier (or any air purifier, for that matter) in your house.
Dec 17, 2012
128 posts
21 upvotes
Vaughan
Which one is better? Winix C535 or GermGuardian?
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2018
1286 posts
1579 upvotes
Zer0Zer0 wrote: Which one is better? Winix C535 or GermGuardian?
GermGuardian filters have to be replaced more often than Winix ones. I have three GermGuardian tower air purifiers, but I just bought this Winix because the cost of buying GermGuardian filters was getting too costly. Based on the sqft specifications, this one Winix (360 sqft) is going to replace two of my GermGuardians (180 sqft each). Cost for the Winix filter is $60 every year (once per year), while the two GermGuardian is $50 every 6 months for each air purifier, totalling $200 a year.

Winix blows GermGuardian out of the water in terms of yearly costs. As far as performance goes, I've only had the Winix for less than a day, but no issues so far, and the Winix seems more quieter than the GermGuardian. That's not to say that the GermGuardian is loud at all. I have no issues sleeping with it on.
Feb 19, 2004
330 posts
67 upvotes
Crichtonfan wrote: You open it up and disconnect the plasma wave unit. Precious threads have this mentioned enough times.
Hi! Do you mind sharing that link?
Thanks!
Dec 29, 2014
513 posts
437 upvotes
Toronto, ON
MarinersFanatik wrote: GermGuardian filters have to be replaced more often than Winix ones. I have three GermGuardian tower air purifiers, but I just bought this Winix because the cost of buying GermGuardian filters was getting too costly. Based on the sqft specifications, this one Winix (360 sqft) is going to replace two of my GermGuardians (180 sqft each). Cost for the Winix filter is $60 every year (once per year), while the two GermGuardian is $50 every 6 months for each air purifier, totalling $200 a year.

Winix blows GermGuardian out of the water in terms of yearly costs. As far as performance goes, I've only had the Winix for less than a day, but no issues so far, and the Winix seems more quieter than the GermGuardian. That's not to say that the GermGuardian is loud at all. I have no issues sleeping with it on.
I have a GermGuardian and my filters last about a year. I actually replace them before the unit tells me to. I guess it depends on how often you run it throughout the day. I turn it on for about 3-4 hours a day. GermGuardian recommends that the filters are changed every 6 months.

edit: I buy the filters at Costco or Amazon when there is a sale and pay about $34 for each filter.
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2018
1286 posts
1579 upvotes
Striker60 wrote: I have a GermGuardian and my filters last about a year. I actually replace them before the unit tells me to. I guess it depends on how often you run it throughout the day. I turn it on for about 3-4 hours a day. GermGuardian recommends that the filters are changed every 6 months.

edit: I buy the filters at Costco or Amazon when there is a sale and pay about $34 for each filter.
Yeah, the GermGuardian filters can last longer if you don't have the unit turned on all day, but then you can make that same argument with Winix filters as well. At the end of the day, the Winix filters are far more cost-effective than GermGuardian ones. I really liked the GermGuardian units, but the cost savings per year is just too hard to ignore.

I was also buying the GermGuardian filters for $34 each the last couple of years, but it seems like the prices have jumped. The genuine "B" filters are now going for $50 each on most sites. I see Costco is selling 2 for $65, but who knows how long that will last, and like I mentioned, the one Winix unit replaces two of my GermGuardian units, so buying this one Winix for $180 is a no-brainer, since it already comes with two years of filter replacements. Two years of GermGuardian filter replacements would have set me back ~$280, assuming I can get them at $35 each, which isn't a given.