Expired Hot Deals

Costco

Winix C535 Air Purifier - $169.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Mar 5th, 2022 5:28 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jun 23, 2005
23726 posts
188660 upvotes
GTA

[Costco] Winix C535 Air Purifier - $169.99

For those looking to buy one, it looks like the Winix C535 Air Purifier has been freshly restocked at Costco (529 units left as of this writing Edit: restocked again overnight and 900+ units available).

https://www.costco.ca/winix-c535-air-pu ... 73046.html
Last edited by toguy on Apr 10th, 2021 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thread Summary
Not the specs you're looking for? Check out RFD Reviews' list of the best air purifiers to buy for your home!
210 replies
Jr. Member
User avatar
Feb 21, 2008
143 posts
212 upvotes
Thanks OP. Bought one off of the last restock — so far very satisfied with it versus my Coway. Just ordered another now for my parents. They’re very pleased.
Sr. Member
Nov 22, 2015
738 posts
924 upvotes
Toronto
Are there any purifiers that would be suitable for. 600 sqft basement or would the vfm choice be to get two of these?

Would a dehumidifier help in any way in conjunction with this?
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 28, 2006
11536 posts
2468 upvotes
What do you use the purifier for?
Vasilyke wrote: Are there any purifiers that would be suitable for. 600 sqft basement or would the vfm choice be to get two of these?

Would a dehumidifier help in any way in conjunction with this?
People around you may have weaken immune system (or live with one). If you have cold symptoms, please wear a mask.
Sr. Member
Nov 22, 2015
738 posts
924 upvotes
Toronto
82 wrote: What do you use the purifier for?
Dust, allergens and a boxer roommate who might suffer from seasonal allergies and is scratching a bit more than usual.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 22, 2008
4964 posts
4013 upvotes
BC
$155 if your local Costco warehouse has them in stock.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2012
1098 posts
973 upvotes
MARKHAM
I keep hearing about these being toxic or unsafe due to ozone issues. Has anyone felt weird or maybe grown a third arm since acquiring this purifier?
[OP]
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jun 23, 2005
23726 posts
188660 upvotes
GTA
SizzleChest wrote: $155 if your local Costco warehouse has them in stock.
If in ON, I haven't been to a warehouse since the lockdown started, so no idea if the entire warehouse is open or they've restricted access to only groceries/'essential' goods...
Sr. Member
Jul 17, 2007
591 posts
1136 upvotes
Milton,ON
Bought one last one and I am very happy with it. Looks very nice also and modern. I checked the pre filter and surprisingly sawnitnhad caught a lot of dust which I was pleased to see. The air has been noticeably fresher, we also cook fragrant Indian food and it helps with those odours Aswell. My youngest suffers from mild asthma and wheezing so we hope this helps also
THE HARDEST THING ABOUT SALES,IS KNOWING WHERE NOT TO WASTE TIME
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2018
1135 posts
1603 upvotes
Universe
toguy wrote: If in ON, I haven't been to a warehouse since the lockdown started, so no idea if the entire warehouse is open or they've restricted access to only groceries/'essential' goods...
Just went yesterday to buy foods, and all "non essential" stuffs were covered and not allowed to touch.

The weird part to me, is that they allow the sale of vitamins and supplements but not toothbrush (heads) and Brita filters, we aren't likely going to die in a month without vitamins but we are supposed to drink water and brush our teeth everyday... 🧐
Jr. Member
Jan 21, 2017
153 posts
79 upvotes
Vancouver Island
Thank-You for posting, managed to snag one this time, see how it compares to my old Blueairs.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 28, 2006
11536 posts
2468 upvotes
That doesn't sound like respiratory symptoms. I guess it doesn't hurt to try. However, it is very noisy when running it at max speed. If the basement is ventilated by furnace fan, you can install a high MERV rating filter to see if that helps too.

If your basement is humid, it may cause mold growth and definitely can cause allergic reaction and all kinds of health issues. Whether you need a dehumidifier depends on the humidify, go get a hygrometer.
Vasilyke wrote: Dust, allergens and a boxer roommate who might suffer from seasonal allergies and is scratching a bit more than usual.
People around you may have weaken immune system (or live with one). If you have cold symptoms, please wear a mask.
Sr. Member
Nov 22, 2015
738 posts
924 upvotes
Toronto
82 wrote: That doesn't sound like respiratory symptoms. I guess it doesn't hurt to try. However, it is very noisy when running it at max speed. If the basement is ventilated by furnace fan, you can install a high MERV rating filter to see if that helps too.

If your basement is humid, it may cause mold growth and definitely can cause allergic reaction and all kinds of health issues. Whether you need a dehumidifier depends on the humidify, go get a hygrometer.
I already have a dehumidifier. I’m just thinking if I should get a purifier to help with allergies.
Jr. Member
Jul 23, 2007
155 posts
103 upvotes
vancouver
Does anybody know how loud it gets?
Jr. Member
Dec 12, 2006
136 posts
102 upvotes
Vancouver
tattashot wrote: Does anybody know how loud it gets?
There are 4 fan levels, the first two are relatively quiet and its unlikely you'll hear it with a tv on in the same room... The 3rd level is definitely more noticeable and you can't miss the highest fan level, but it's similar to having a fan on in the room...
Sr. Member
Mar 14, 2013
611 posts
672 upvotes
Toronto
tattashot wrote: Does anybody know how loud it gets?
On the highest setting it’s noticeable but if it’s on the lowest it’s whisper quiet. This is probably the quietest purifier I’ve had so far and would highly recommend.
Newbie
Dec 18, 2020
58 posts
215 upvotes
It is not allowed to buy these non essential items in Ontario in warehouse right now

Top