• May 12th, 2021 12:32 am
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
22214 posts
167520 upvotes
GTA

[Costco] Winix C535 Air Purifier - $169.99

For those looking to buy one, it looks like the Winix C535 Air Purifier has been freshly restocked at Costco (529 units left as of this writing Edit: restocked again overnight and 900+ units available).

https://www.costco.ca/winix-c535-air-pu ... 73046.html
Last edited by toguy on Apr 10th, 2021 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thread Summary
Not the specs you're looking for? Check out RFD Reviews' list of the best air purifiers to buy for your home!
173 replies
Feb 21, 2008
71 posts
102 upvotes
Thanks OP. Bought one off of the last restock — so far very satisfied with it versus my Coway. Just ordered another now for my parents. They’re very pleased.
Nov 22, 2015
676 posts
794 upvotes
Toronto
Are there any purifiers that would be suitable for. 600 sqft basement or would the vfm choice be to get two of these?

Would a dehumidifier help in any way in conjunction with this?
Deal Guru
Mar 28, 2006
10903 posts
2037 upvotes
What do you use the purifier for?
Vasilyke wrote: Are there any purifiers that would be suitable for. 600 sqft basement or would the vfm choice be to get two of these?

Would a dehumidifier help in any way in conjunction with this?
Masks can reduce spread of COVID-19 by 83.3% and keep economy open, wear one!
*external links and short links are not allowed
Nov 22, 2015
676 posts
794 upvotes
Toronto
82 wrote: What do you use the purifier for?
Dust, allergens and a boxer roommate who might suffer from seasonal allergies and is scratching a bit more than usual.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
4233 posts
2766 upvotes
$155 if your local Costco warehouse has them in stock.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2012
1042 posts
911 upvotes
MARKHAM
I keep hearing about these being toxic or unsafe due to ozone issues. Has anyone felt weird or maybe grown a third arm since acquiring this purifier?
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
22214 posts
167520 upvotes
GTA
SizzleChest wrote: $155 if your local Costco warehouse has them in stock.
If in ON, I haven't been to a warehouse since the lockdown started, so no idea if the entire warehouse is open or they've restricted access to only groceries/'essential' goods...
Jul 17, 2007
498 posts
705 upvotes
Montreal
Bought one last one and I am very happy with it. Looks very nice also and modern. I checked the pre filter and surprisingly sawnitnhad caught a lot of dust which I was pleased to see. The air has been noticeably fresher, we also cook fragrant Indian food and it helps with those odours Aswell. My youngest suffers from mild asthma and wheezing so we hope this helps also
THE HARDEST THING ABOUT SALES,IS KNOWING WHERE NOT TO WASTE TIME
Oct 11, 2018
499 posts
723 upvotes
ON
toguy wrote: If in ON, I haven't been to a warehouse since the lockdown started, so no idea if the entire warehouse is open or they've restricted access to only groceries/'essential' goods...
Just went yesterday to buy foods, and all "non essential" stuffs were covered and not allowed to touch.

The weird part to me, is that they allow the sale of vitamins and supplements but not toothbrush (heads) and Brita filters, we aren't likely going to die in a month without vitamins but we are supposed to drink water and brush our teeth everyday... 🧐
Jan 21, 2017
141 posts
61 upvotes
Vancouver Island
Thank-You for posting, managed to snag one this time, see how it compares to my old Blueairs.
Deal Guru
Mar 28, 2006
10903 posts
2037 upvotes
That doesn't sound like respiratory symptoms. I guess it doesn't hurt to try. However, it is very noisy when running it at max speed. If the basement is ventilated by furnace fan, you can install a high MERV rating filter to see if that helps too.

If your basement is humid, it may cause mold growth and definitely can cause allergic reaction and all kinds of health issues. Whether you need a dehumidifier depends on the humidify, go get a hygrometer.
Vasilyke wrote: Dust, allergens and a boxer roommate who might suffer from seasonal allergies and is scratching a bit more than usual.
Masks can reduce spread of COVID-19 by 83.3% and keep economy open, wear one!
*external links and short links are not allowed
Nov 22, 2015
676 posts
794 upvotes
Toronto
82 wrote: That doesn't sound like respiratory symptoms. I guess it doesn't hurt to try. However, it is very noisy when running it at max speed. If the basement is ventilated by furnace fan, you can install a high MERV rating filter to see if that helps too.

If your basement is humid, it may cause mold growth and definitely can cause allergic reaction and all kinds of health issues. Whether you need a dehumidifier depends on the humidify, go get a hygrometer.
I already have a dehumidifier. I’m just thinking if I should get a purifier to help with allergies.
Jul 23, 2007
112 posts
58 upvotes
vancouver
Does anybody know how loud it gets?
Dec 12, 2006
103 posts
68 upvotes
Vancouver
tattashot wrote: Does anybody know how loud it gets?
There are 4 fan levels, the first two are relatively quiet and its unlikely you'll hear it with a tv on in the same room... The 3rd level is definitely more noticeable and you can't miss the highest fan level, but it's similar to having a fan on in the room...
Mar 14, 2013
498 posts
570 upvotes
Toronto
tattashot wrote: Does anybody know how loud it gets?
On the highest setting it’s noticeable but if it’s on the lowest it’s whisper quiet. This is probably the quietest purifier I’ve had so far and would highly recommend.
Dec 18, 2020
12 posts
28 upvotes
It is not allowed to buy these non essential items in Ontario in warehouse right now