• Jun 8th, 2022 8:25 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 23, 2004
10287 posts
1081 upvotes
Toronto

[Costco] Winx C535 air purifier - in store $154.99

Saw the winix air purifier in store for $155. Sells for $170 online.

The Winix C535 air purifier designed for any home environment and ready to capture dust, pollen, pet dander, smoke, mold spores, volatile organic compounds and household odors. With a fabulous CADR rating from AHAM, the Winix C535 uses a 3-Stage air cleaning system featuring an odour reducing carbon sheet filter, True HEPA filter and Winix PlasmaWave Technology.

Features:
For medium to large living spaces, kitchens, or bedrooms
Includes a two-year supply of filters: 2 True HEPA filters and 8 activated carbon pre-filters
PlasmaWave Technology instantly neutralizes bacteria
AHAM verified for up to 33.4 m² (360 ft.²)
Carbon sheet filter reduces odours and traps large particles
Remote control included
Images
  • 20210809_141929.jpg
Ask me a question about ANYTHING here: http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... p?t=692100
Thread Summary
Looking for more options? Check out RFD Reviews' list of the best air purifiers for your home and office!
40 replies
Deal Expert
Mar 9, 2007
15003 posts
11527 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
DIY

Box Fan and 20x20x1 Air Filter grade 1900 = Cheaper

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
20744 posts
6215 upvotes
GTA
Cheapo-Findo wrote: DIY

Not wife approved :(

We have a few air purifiers that match furniture and the room decor, box fan plus air filter just won't cut it.
Jul 29, 2020
204 posts
1017 upvotes
Bought this in April. Works great. My brother liked it so much he got one for his condo also.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
3432 posts
3920 upvotes
GVRD
Excellent product. I bought one. You're getting 2 years of filter supplies, which you may stretch out even further. This is a very popular model and has sold a lot from Costco in Canada and the U.S. I consider it a 5-stage filter, rather than a 3-stage: HEPA, carbon, mesh screen, outside shell case screen, electronic Plasma. Thank goodness Costco Canada isn't now selling the newer C545 model. That 'upgrade' came with some problems and disadvantages. The C535 is a workhorse. I keep it on 'high' 24-hours. Regarding the price, it frequently goes on-sale for US$100 in the U.S. and sells well at that price. So, CDN$155 is a pretty good price, including the extra cost for being in Canadian.
Last edited by RxMills on Aug 9th, 2021 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 14, 2014
243 posts
311 upvotes
What's the cost of the replacement filters and where to buy it?
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
3432 posts
3920 upvotes
GVRD
fizzix123 wrote: Way better than this at 136$?
If I'm not mistaken, the Winix is 360sf vs the Levoit at 230sf. The Levoit seems much smaller in size and can be a table top unit too. The Winix's design allows it to be placed against the wall, whereas the Levoit needs to be more in the open, perhaps taking up more floor space (or table top). The Levoit looks nice though, it's just a different category of product. Because of the Winix popularity, there is a good aftermarket for filters.

The Winix seems like a quality unit and is actually made in Korea. And the Winix has one more advantage: COSTCO.
Jan 12, 2017
140 posts
155 upvotes
vancouver
I saw Amazon has some 3rd party knock off filters. Not sure how they compare to real winx filters though.

The DIY box fan is noisy as a jet engine, wobbly, ugly but filters are $20 each. Fan also will have increase chance of dying do to extra strain to the motor spinning according to CDC website. They recommend using 2 filter to make triangle shape but that's gonna be 2 x $20.
May 8, 2018
80 posts
54 upvotes
RxMills wrote: If I'm not mistaken, the Winix is 360sf vs the Levoit at 230sf. The Levoit seems much smaller in size and can be a table top unit too. The Winix's design allows it to be placed against the wall, whereas the Levoit needs to be more in the open, perhaps taking up more floor space (or table top). The Levoit looks nice though, it's just a different category of product. Because of the Winix popularity, there is a good aftermarket for filters.

The Winix seems like a quality unit and is actually made in Korea. And the Winix has one more advantage: COSTCO.
Actually you're not supposed to place it right by the wall. You need to give it several inches of clearance for airflow.
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2013
2037 posts
637 upvotes
Toronto
is this regular price at costco in-store?
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2017
1053 posts
788 upvotes
Cheapo-Findo wrote: DIY

And for carbon scrubber you can also get the grow op filters on Amazon (6inch) with a 6 inch duct fan.. probably way more effective to remove smells
Apr 28, 2019
227 posts
172 upvotes
How is the Winx C535 compared to BluePure 211+?
Deal Guru
Mar 28, 2006
11751 posts
2604 upvotes
The washable carbon filter is good for 1 year. Wayfair model comes with 1 year supply of carbon and hepa filters. Costco C535 is cheaper and comes with 2 years supply of carbon (x8) and hepa filters (x2).

falkon57 wrote: https://www.wayfair.ca/home-improvement ... x1021.html

This Winix has a washable carbon filter. The C535 carbon filter isn’t washable. It is a little more expensive though.
People around you may have weaken immune system (or live with one). Wear a mask if possible, especially if you have cold symptoms.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
3432 posts
3920 upvotes
GVRD
FantaS92891 wrote: Actually you're not supposed to place it right by the wall. You need to give it several inches of clearance for airflow.
Since air is pulled in from the front, I feel it's fine to place it right against the wall. The air shoots up from the top-back of the unit. For some people, that's a space-saving advantage.
falkon57 wrote: This Winix (at Wayfair) has a washable carbon filter. The C535 carbon filter isn’t washable.
Yes, long term, it might seem cheaper to go with the Wayfair Winix model. However, many people with the C535 vacuum their carbon filters to extend their life. Also, a commenter said that the washable carbon filter isn't as good at trapping smaller particles because it's not as dense - meaning more will get trapped by the more expensive HEPA filter. Also, carbon that's washed loses much of it's carbon benefit anyway. So the washable carbon filter on the Wayfair model might as well be made of plastic fibers.
If you’re looking to fight pollutants, irritants and allergens in your home, looking for a purifier that includes an activated carbon layer is a great way to trap more irritants.
Last edited by RxMills on Aug 18th, 2021 12:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Aug 25, 2011
290 posts
296 upvotes
LONDON

Limited-time deal: LEVOIT Air Purifiers for Home Allergies Pet in Bedroom, H13 True HEPA Filter Air Purifier Removes 99.97% Smoke Dust Pollen,Odor,Air Cleaner for Large Room, 4 Kinds of Filter Replacement,Core 300 https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07S3D4MRJ/ref ... UTF8&psc=1
In what way is this way better? 243/246/232 CADR (dust/pollen/smoke) for the Winix vs "135+" for the Levoit. 360 vs 215 sq foot coverage. ~60% of the performance at 88% of the price makes it a poor recommendation imo. Not to mention Levoit has poor QC (at least in my experience with their humidifiers). Their customer service team is quite good, however.
Mar 14, 2006
540 posts
185 upvotes
Vancouver

Limited-time deal: LEVOIT Air Purifiers for Home Allergies Pet in Bedroom, H13 True HEPA Filter Air Purifier Removes 99.97% Smoke Dust Pollen,Odor,Air Cleaner for Large Room, 4 Kinds of Filter Replacement,Core 300 https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07S3D4MRJ/ref ... UTF8&psc=1
This is my exact question as well, I have a Core 300 in my bedroom and it works well but I'm looking to add a filter in my office and was wondering if I should pick up another Core 300 or if this might work better especially with the extra filters and Costco guarantee.

I did originally pick up the Core 300 as its a pure HEPA filter only machine that does not include things like ionizing or whatnot to the air, the Winix does do a "Plasmawave Tech" and I'm wondering if anyone knows what kind of tech that is, UV? Ionizing or something else?