• Last Updated:
  • May 16th, 2020 2:17 am
[OP]
May 17, 2011
18 posts
156 upvotes
Toronto

[Costco] Women's Birkenstocks $54.99-$64.99

Costco has Women's Birkenstocks on sale again!

Gizeh is 64.99 (compared to 129.99 at Soft Moc)
https://www.costco.ca/birkenstock-women ... 97898.html

Madrid is 54.99 (compared to 109.99 at Soft Moc)
https://www.costco.ca/birkenstock-women ... 97926.html
Last edited by TomRFD on Apr 8th, 2020 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added price to title
61 replies
Oct 22, 2013
156 posts
177 upvotes
Toronto, ON
excellent find for my wife. wish they had some for men as well.
thank you, op!
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2013
3264 posts
1396 upvotes
Canada
Any reason men can't wear these? Looking at the pic they seem perfectly fine for men.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2010
3700 posts
2493 upvotes
JoJoC93704 wrote: Sad to know Costco not an authorized retailer according to business insider article..

Costco not authorized retailer...
jmrandall27 wrote:
I can't imagine that Costco is selling fake Birks...
It says right on the Costco website that they're not a authorized dealer - just means it's not under warranty. I don't know what's "sad" about it other than companies who jack up the prices to maximize their profit margins.

Since Costco is not an authorized dealer for this product, the manufacturer’s warranty does not apply. In place of the manufacturer’s warranty, Costco will refund your purchase price if you are not completely satisfied with this product.

gbill2004 wrote: Any reason men can't wear these? Looking at the pic they seem perfectly fine for men.
Nope - they're unisex (though I think the Gizah is more feminine looking than the other model) - they're labelled womens because they're smaller size but if your size is there, go for it! You'll note the largest size listed (size 41 mentions both men and women).

Also as a warning for those who have never worn/owned Birks before - you MUST break them in first, which depending on how often you wear them can take a few weeks. They will mold to your feet - until then it may be uncomfortable (shouldn't be painful) - though I personally have never had a issue breaking them in. Once you break them in, you will wonder how you ever got by without these sandals before lol.
Before responding to someone (online or offline) ask yourself: is it true? is it helpful? is it kind? is it necessary? This comes from an old Sufi adage that is so relevant today.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2009
2008 posts
907 upvotes
Ontario
Can they be worn in the rain without ruining them?
Currently happy customer with Koodo,Telus and Freedom Mobile
May 4, 2018
194 posts
113 upvotes
gbill2004 wrote: Any reason men can't wear these? Looking at the pic they seem perfectly fine for men.
I wear the "women's" styles because the men's don't come in my size at Costco.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
2686 posts
3634 upvotes
BC
jmrandall27 wrote: I can't imagine that Costco is selling fake Birks...
I bought a pair during the previous sale and compared them to my older ones. They were identical in quality/packaging
Oct 22, 2013
156 posts
177 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Headbeancounter wrote: Can they be worn in the rain without ruining them?
no, you can't get these soaking wet. you'll ruin the footbed, as the cork-like material will expand and dry up.

i've been caught in the rain wearing my birks and getting them a bit wet is fine, but walking around intentionally in water will ruin them over time.

if you need something waterproof, look into birk's EVA line. they sell for about $45-60. only thing is, you won't get great arch support like their regular line of birks.
May 20, 2004
573 posts
290 upvotes
I need a good deal on men's birkenstock sandals size 10.5/11M. Unfortunately, these sizes only go up to 8.5M. If anyone has any ideas on how to get the best price for this, please let me know. Thanks
Sep 3, 2009
695 posts
378 upvotes
Calgary
I know nothing about these shoes, are they meant for indoor or outdoor? In what occasion should I wear them? I just feel we don't have many chances to wear them in Canada due to the weather.
Oct 22, 2013
156 posts
177 upvotes
Toronto, ON
bigdaddyyc wrote: I need a good deal on men's birkenstock sandals size 10.5/11M. Unfortunately, these sizes only go up to 8.5M. If anyone has any ideas on how to get the best price for this, please let me know. Thanks
your best bet is the bay when they have a sale or clearance. right now, they have 25% off on birks, but they don't have your size. once in a blue moon, they have a clearance sale that's 40% off, but they sell quick.

softmoc has sales periodically, but they only offer 10-15% off usually.

sail usually has end-of-season sales for birks too and that's where i got my birks EVA for $45.

alternatively, and this is very ymmv, if you know anybody in an asian country like korea, japan, or singapore, you can ask them to purchase and ship it to you. regular price of birks is $60 CAD in korea and when they go on sale, it'll go as low as $35. after shipping, you're still saving anywhere from 40-60%, compared to NA prices. apparently, birks aren't that popular in asia and they'll never sell at that high price point. just be careful that your contact doesn't buy fakes; ask them to purchase your birks from a reputable department store.
Deal Addict
May 11, 2004
3226 posts
1254 upvotes
Airdrie
FYI, "Birko-Flor" = synthetic "leather"
"Success is the happy feeling you get between the time you do something and the time you tell a woman what you did." -Dilbert
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
5440 posts
1864 upvotes
GTEH!
bigdaddyyc wrote: I need a good deal on men's birkenstock sandals size 10.5/11M. Unfortunately, these sizes only go up to 8.5M. If anyone has any ideas on how to get the best price for this, please let me know. Thanks
Wait for it, Men's Birkenstock.
Generally, Costco has Mens sandals every year (for the past few years). Normally it's the Arizona model.
😎