5030 posts
1510 upvotes
Vancouver
how is the sizing?
Jul 23, 2011
507 posts
205 upvotes
Toronto
Wife needed a new pair for walking around the house and asked me to be on the lookout for a sale.. OP thanked..
Apr 8, 2019
29 posts
5 upvotes
Is it the same if we get it from any other store like softmoc? synthetic leather???
Oct 22, 2013
156 posts
177 upvotes
Toronto, ON
DealUSer1979 wrote: Is it the same if we get it from any other store like softmoc? synthetic leather???
birks offers different types of leather. and believe me, the synthetic leather is amazing and of high quality; it will last years without wearing down, if you take care of it.

if you prefer real leather, you can purchase birks made in different leather types (natural, oiled, nubuck, etc.), but you are going to be paying more for it. imo, it's not worth the extra money. check this link for material reference.
Jul 18, 2010
102 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP! This is a great price even for Birko-flor, synthetic leather, as the brand is rarely on sale. Free shipping! If you are a fan of the brand, and these 2 styles, you can't get cheaper even on eBay or kijiji.
Jun 21, 2003
338 posts
240 upvotes
My wife thanks you OP! She bought two pairs. Nice find!
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
13464 posts
3718 upvotes
VANCOUVER
zywan0124 wrote: I know nothing about these shoes, are they meant for indoor or outdoor? In what occasion should I wear them? I just feel we don't have many chances to wear them in Canada due to the weather.
Ok, no offence, but I don't think then you need these.
Oct 22, 2013
156 posts
177 upvotes
Toronto, ON
hesp wrote: how is the sizing?
you can check their size chart here. keep in mind that they don't have any half sizes.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2002
5847 posts
557 upvotes
Vancouver
gbill2004 wrote: Any reason men can't wear these? Looking at the pic they seem perfectly fine for men.
I have seen a lot of guys wear Gizeh. Have yet to see any wear Madrid in my city. Madrid is very popular among mens population in Europe. I don't see anything wrong. Gizeh looks just like flipflop while Madrid wear feel loose just like flipflop.

TerenceP19670 wrote: I wear the "women's" styles because the men's don't come in my size at Costco.
May I ask which "women's" style you wear?
Apr 8, 2019
29 posts
5 upvotes
m12k1m wrote: birks offers different types of leather. and believe me, the synthetic leather is amazing and of high quality; it will last years without wearing down, if you take care of it.

if you prefer real leather, you can purchase birks made in different leather types (natural, oiled, nubuck, etc.), but you are going to be paying more for it. imo, it's not worth the extra money. check this link for material reference.

Thanks a lot for details! placed an order :)