Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

World best stud finder 29.97

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 15th, 2019 6:09 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
8633 posts
2399 upvotes
Mississauga
Quentin5 wrote: Came here to say this, a rare earth magnet will find the drywall screws for you, and a pack of them are not expensive
Lee Valley in Woodbridge has rare earth magnets.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2008
1898 posts
189 upvotes
Elfwood wrote: Anyone looking to sell theirs? I want to buy, please pm
To answer your other question about how far the distance is, i believe typically it's anywhere between 16" and 18". But one good way to check is where your outlet is, and tap on both sides. Once you find one side is denser (not a hollow sound), you can then measure up to 18" to see if the denser sound. Then you'll know the typical distance.
Items For Sale:
Jacket and Shoes
Trades
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2014
5443 posts
3920 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Questionz wrote: To answer your other question about how far the distance is, i believe typically it's anywhere between 16" and 18". But one good way to check is where your outlet is, and tap on both sides. Once you find one side is denser (not a hollow sound), you can then measure up to 18" to see if the denser sound. Then you'll know the typical distance.
yeah I learnt about that trick and used it for my first DIY TV wall mount and it was a success. When you drill pilot holes, and you get only white drywall dust = you missed the stud, but if you get wood dust = you hit the stud (plus it's harder to drill).

I want to get this stud finder still, because I am planning on another TV wall mount in the bedroom. I could use the magnet trick too as I have small magnets and found the nails in the drywall already, but I want to test out the stud finder.

Also I want to check some load bearing walls to see if it's possible to knock them down - so I want to find out how many studs are in the wall.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2004
2144 posts
878 upvotes
Ottawa
Elfwood wrote: Anyone know what is typical distance between studs in 30 year old detached in GTA?
The standard construction spec in Canada is 16" on center (middle of one stud to the middle of the next stud). This is because drywall, plywood, OSB and other sheathing comes in 48" widths so the spacing is consistent across the span. Just don't presume that you can measure 16" from any corner, window or doorway. The uniform spacing was set up from one corner but was reduced in the opposite corner to accommodate the overall width of the wall; pick the incorrect corner to begin your measurements and you will miss the stud. You may also find 12" centers in some flooring/decking applications particularly when using composite materials.
yadda, yadda, yadda
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2012
3086 posts
1101 upvotes
Toronto
If anyone has finished their tasks with one of these, I would buy them for whatever you've paid. Send me a pm.
Nov 2, 2013
44 posts
10 upvotes
Will this stud sensor be back in Costco?

I couldnt find it in store and when I phoned Costco with the product ID #962795 (that was posted here in photos) they said it had been deleted off their systems in January. Crying Face

Canadian Tire has the Franklin 710 on sale right now for $49.99
KMS Tools has the Franklin 710+ on sale right now for $54.95

The 710+ is basically the 710 with a level bubble on it.

Is the Precision Sensors - Profinder 5000+ something that comes and goes at Costco? Like a seasonal product or is it gone for good?
May 15, 2012
2 posts
1 upvote
NORTH YORK
Wanted to buy this for the longest time. Saw the blue ProFinder 5000 but when I went to Costco in Pennsylvania, they had 6000+ for $29.99 USD. Bought it right away. Very good at showing where wood behind wall.
Images
  • 447DF388-FA06-4BE6-B296-A5EA843CE662.jpeg
Feb 6, 2007
552 posts
483 upvotes
A bit late to answer the previous post but these are back in stock in gta. I bought one at Downsview (Yorkdale) for 39.99.

It’s the profinder 5000+ model which includes the built in level. Also comes with two Duracell AA batteries.

Basically same as the Franklin 710 which is 65+ at Amazon, crappy tire etc.
Mar 7, 2006
86 posts
57 upvotes
Profinder 5000+ model back in stock again at Downsview (Yorkdale) for $39.99.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)