Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

wow! Le Creuset 140-piece Dream Kitchen Set $6K

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 19th, 2020 7:19 pm
Deal Fanatic
Dec 17, 2006
5231 posts
143 upvotes
Ottawa
TigerKingDeals wrote: We love our All-Clad Cookware and Global Knive Block and Global Steak Knifes. We looked at getting the Le Creuset Mugs from Costco (6 for 79.99) but like you we prefer other mugs (Bodum Double Walled Glass).
If you have a Le Creuset store, you can get the colours you want around boxing day for $10 each. They stopped selling them individually 4 years ago, so if a mug breaks in the 4 set, they sell the remaining 3 at $10 a piece. The Costco version has all the colours (but not a fan of orange, white and yellow) and do you need 6 mugs? (We have 4, but once again the Starbucks mugs are so much nicer/stack).
Apr 24, 2020
161 posts
193 upvotes
Ottawa
jcoltage wrote: If you have a Le Creuset store, you can get the colours you want around boxing day for $10 each. They stopped selling them individually 4 years ago, so if a mug breaks in the 4 set, they sell the remaining 3 at $10 a piece. The Costco version has all the colours (but not a fan of orange, white and yellow) and do you need 6 mugs? (We have 4, but once again the Starbucks mugs are so much nicer/stack).
Thanks for the tip! Saw this (4 mugs, tea pot, and kettle) and almost went for it since the kettle alone is like $120.

https://www.lecreuset.ca/en_CA/tea-love ... T6TEA.html
Deal Fanatic
Jul 30, 2015
5100 posts
4404 upvotes
Toronto, ON
kimwoobingsu wrote: I’m taking some issue with the way the word “minimalist” is being used on this 140 piece set.
It is supposed to minimalize your savings. Hence minimalist.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2019
1075 posts
3046 upvotes
I would buy it but there's something about dropping 6k on pots and pans at Costco that doesn't sit right.Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3692 posts
4307 upvotes
Whoever bought this will feel dumb when it drops to $3K.
For Sale:
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
3726 posts
432 upvotes
cymrules wrote: Reinforcement of kitchen cabinets required to hold they weight of all these pieces.
The way dumbbell prices are going, this might not be such a bad deal....
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2005
2020 posts
1035 upvotes
Scarborough
TigerKingDeals wrote: I am personally looking at this set:

https://www.lecreuset.ca/en_CA/skillet- ... ET3CI.html

Seems to be good value to me. Guess that’s why it is now sold out lol!

When buying Le Creuset it’s important to note where the product is made (France vs China).

A ton of the stuff in the $6K kit is made in China...
zwilling-ja-henckels-staub-super-sale-s ... t-2410497/

might want to check this thread out, the third photo with pan, skillet and 5.5qt cocotte for $399, and also get a trivet. and possibly additional 10% off.
Oct 9, 2004
56 posts
54 upvotes
Montreal
Tempted... Does it come with a free "Le Creuset" T-shirt?
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4962 posts
6862 upvotes
GTA
The only thing that Le Creuset makes that's great is the cast iron, the rest of it is meh
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2011
2133 posts
756 upvotes
Hamilton
hackett40 wrote: Why do they call this The minimalist...do they have a $15000 set
It's the name of the tableware line, there are two, one with more ridges and this is the simpler design.
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2011
2133 posts
756 upvotes
Hamilton
I've chimed in on quality (very poor on the dishes) but I can actually see buying something like this.

Why a set of 12? Well if you're having a family dinner (Xmas or Thanksgiving) it's easy to use up a lot of dishes. We'd normally have 9 people if we're doing a small (immediate family) dinner.

Why all the matching? Well that's part of the point of Le Creuset. All your pieces are matching and you're going to serve out of cooking pots instead of transferring to serving dishes. That's why they sell pumpkin/apple/artichoke shaped pots.

Personally I'm drawing the line at matching my spatulas to my pots. And while I'd love to have more pots i don't want to spend Le Creuset money on non-stick pans and other items.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2005
2891 posts
273 upvotes
Fathamsta wrote: I know what I'm giving out as a secret Santa this Christmas!
oh oh !! I want one! I hope it's the boxes :)
My Heatware
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2007
2005 posts
691 upvotes
GTA
Tried to get 16 for my homes, villas and estates around the country but unfortunately there's only one left in stock!

They probably had tons of stock until RFD cleaned em out. Last one left in blue folks!
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
3892 posts
3909 upvotes
GTA
Kfox wrote: The only thing that Le Creuset makes that's great is the cast iron, the rest of it is meh
Totally agree. I have a number of enameled cast iron pieces and they are top notch.

Also have a tea kettle and "toughened" non-stick pan. Both are pretty poor for the price, the kettle is the second one i've had and the enamel flakes off in the same spot on both. The non-stick pan is no better than any other non-stick pan.
Dec 26, 2012
180 posts
103 upvotes
RICHMOND
Thanks for this! I was just considering the non stick pan. What do you suggest for a non stick pan
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2019
1169 posts
2204 upvotes
Ottawa
At this price, I can buy few iPhones and use them as coasters. When I don't have guests, I'd still use them as normal phones.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 18, 2003
7432 posts
2245 upvotes
Etobicoke
cymrules wrote: Reinforcement of kitchen cabinets required to hold they weight of all these pieces.
Who hides LeCreuset equipment in cabinets? These are used for display purposes.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 18, 2003
7432 posts
2245 upvotes
Etobicoke
Uberclk wrote: can't tell if all the comments about "minimalist" is joking or if they know or don't know what it is.

the "minimalist" line of dinnerware is a new design released a few years ago without the 3 rings the original dinnerware (plates and mugs) have.
That is definitely "minimalist". Looks exactly like my IKEA dinner plate. Can't go any plainer than that! I just wish they could etch Le Creuset in the middle of the plate so people can tell the difference.
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2008
2025 posts
1032 upvotes
GTA
Thanks, bought a few for gifts for neighbours !

(But seriously, who needs all this branded le Creuset, I have a nice dutch oven & skillet by them and that's all you need)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)