[Costco] wow! Le Creuset 140-piece Dream Kitchen Set $6K

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 19th, 2020 7:19 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
3218 posts
2001 upvotes
GTA
eelfliw wrote: Who hides LeCreuset equipment in cabinets? These are used for display purposes.
I don't know... people who actually use this stuff to cook? Face With Tears Of Joy

My stuff sits in a cabinet until it is ready to be used.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 18, 2003
6366 posts
190 upvotes
Etobicoke
mf4361 wrote: Is that what rich people kitchen look like?

Btw, the pots and pans don't last a life time, it lasts as long as I accidentally drop it
Oh, I beg to differ on dropping the cast iron pots/pans. I had the misfortune to drop one and it landed on the edge of tile. Fortunately it missed my toe. The pot was fine. But the porcelain tile was chipped and the grout cracked (turns out thinset was not applied evenly). It would cost a lot more to replace the tile than the pot.
Jan 22, 2017
394 posts
1300 upvotes
I've bought a few of the Le Creuset pots before (used of course) and ended up selling them all for a profit.
In my experience they burn food easily and are too heavy to be practical. Certainly don't try to give them to anyone 60+ because they will be dropped.
I have no idea about the plates/cups and such. My last white cup set was a 4 banger branded PC that I found on the side of the street in the trash outside a church.
Nov 26, 2012
280 posts
249 upvotes
Toronto
A long time ago, I worked in the housewares department of a major dept store. There are people that will spend this kind of money on their grandkids. It's always rich grandparents.

And you'd be surprised at number of newlyweds that would register for a 16 person fancy china set (e.g. $150 per plate) and return 4 or 8 settings for cash. So it'll still look like they have the set but not really...lol. Wouldn't work in this case but they could sell some of it on kijiji or something.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1228 posts
1147 upvotes
Surrey
We're sorry, only 1 are available for item 1495457.

1 LEFT , hurry up
Aug 29, 2018
279 posts
292 upvotes
Last opportunity for that indoor gym you always dreamed of.