[Costco] Xbox live 3 months - get 3 additional months free

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 4th, 2019 10:53 am
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2005
9186 posts
1350 upvotes
Toronto
I'm a new Xbox gamer, never did this online subscription thing. Need to ask a dumb question:

Right now, I have activated a previously bought Costco 3 months Gold live. I know this is stackable.

If I buy this, what do i do? Do I input this new code now? or have to wait till my current one is done?

If I can add it now, Where in the Xbox menu do i go?
Mar 12, 2017
483 posts
1604 upvotes
Saukrates wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 2:30 pm
I assume you can do that trick for an extra month per code. 8 months for $26 is warm if you missed the last Costco deal.
You mean the deal where Costco actually paid you up to $45 to play xbox live for a year? LOL. Deal of the year, nothing will come close to that one big mishap.
Mar 12, 2017
483 posts
1604 upvotes
rfdrfd wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 4:54 pm
I'm a new Xbox gamer, never did this online subscription thing. Need to ask a dumb question:

Right now, I have activated a previously bought Costco 3 months Gold live. I know this is stackable.

If I buy this, what do i do? Do I input this new code now? or have to wait till my current one is done?

If I can add it now, Where in the Xbox menu do i go?
You can do it right away. Put in each code online at www.microsoft.com/redeem it's the easiest and quickest way. Login to your microsoft account first and it'll stack it all. Don't forget to accept the 1 free month each time by signing up for auto billing. Then immediately go and turn this feature off each time.

After all codes are inputted you will see the date for which your live membership will expire (mine is currently showing March 2020).
Nov 11, 2007
468 posts
91 upvotes
Watchdogz wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 4:54 pm
Redeem the codes on the WEBSITE manually... not on the xbox. Then it says to “turn on automatic renewal for a free month”, leave that toggled to on... then hit redeem. Go back into your account, turn off automatic renewal and then go redeem your second code. Leave automatic renewal on again for another free month. So essentially get 8 months for 6 months
Awesome, thank you.

And thanks OP, ordered. My Live sub ends this weekend.
Apr 18, 2013
32 posts
3 upvotes
Regina
I ordered 2 of them but I only received 2 codes. Have others received the bonus 3 months right away? I'm still waiting.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2006
2853 posts
65 upvotes
Windsor
Is there any limit on how many of these can be applied to 1 xbox account at the same time? Costco has a limit of 3.

Edit: I got 1 month free with the recurring billing trick, it only worked on 1 of the 2 codes even though it was off for both.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
15626 posts
5884 upvotes
Oakville
cdnNick wrote:
Jan 19th, 2019 2:56 pm
Is there any limit on how many of these can be applied to 1 xbox account at the same time? Costco has a limit of 3.

Edit: I got 1 month free with the recurring billing trick, it only worked on 1 of the 2 codes even though it was off for both.
You can stack up to three years in the future. I've got a 6 month code that I can't apply till March for just that reason.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Feb 21, 2012
14 posts
London, Ontario, Can…
Just so no one gets misinformed. The 3 month is actually 90 days not 3 full months. So this would only be 180days not 6 full months
Feb 21, 2012
14 posts
London, Ontario, Can…
Just so no one gets misinformed. The 3 month is actually 90 days not 3 full months. So this would only be 180days not 6 full months
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2006
2229 posts
704 upvotes
nd1983 wrote:
Jan 19th, 2019 3:36 pm
Wow...that is a deal breaker :)
I am out.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2006
9718 posts
948 upvotes
Vancouver
My membership expires in a few days. I’m surprised Xbox hasn’t shown any offers on my Xbox. :(
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2010
1987 posts
911 upvotes
Montreal
nd1983 wrote:
Jan 19th, 2019 3:36 pm
Lol ... I think that goes without saying. Isn't that always the case in these kinds of situations?

I think I understand what you're getting at but being that redemption is going to happen mid-month most of the time, this is the best way to do it. For example would your prefer today's 3 month window to calculate a 28 day month for February?
Dec 20, 2008
14 posts
3 upvotes
cdnNick wrote:
Jan 19th, 2019 2:56 pm
I
It did not work second time for me as well. Did not redeem it, will try tomorrow. Any suggestions?
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2006
1215 posts
63 upvotes
K-W
I was able to get the month free with the first 2 codes I received, but when I went to enter the third code (so the first "bonus" code from my Costco purchase) the slider option for "select recurring billing for 1 free month" was not there. So I will wait till tomorrow and try again. Even if it doesn't work for the 2 remaining codes, that's still a great price for 14 months of Live. Thanks OP and others sharing the trick!
May 27, 2011
405 posts
334 upvotes
Montreal
Costco just cancelled my order, anyone else in the same boat?