[Costco] Xbox live 3 months - get 3 additional months free

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 4th, 2019 10:53 am
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2003
1332 posts
276 upvotes
North York
I purchased 2 codes, got the 2 codes and the additional 2 bonus codes all within 30 mins

The bonus month trick works for the first 2 "paid" codes, but didn't work on the 1st bonus code.

Now my 2nd bonus code doesn't work and gives me the error: SVC-RedeemTokenAlreadyRedeemed
it's odd because if I enter the codes I already used, it'll tell me immedately that the code is used as soon as I paste it in. But my last bonus code doesn't say that immediately and after 2 more screens it gives me the "Redeemed" error

who should I contact for this kind of problem, Costco.ca or Codes2Go?
--
UPDATE: I emailed costco and they took a week and replied that I had to contact microsoft since it was their error. After spending an hour on the phone, I ended up only getting the bonus code to work, but then they took back my 2 "bonus month" trick with the setup recurring billing.
Last edited by royaljelly on Feb 4th, 2019 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 7, 2005
185 posts
191 upvotes
Mississauga
How long after the order comes in does it take the second bonus code to come in? I got the first email hours ago but no bonus code yet.
Oct 13, 2012
45 posts
11 upvotes
AJAX
I ordered mine on the 18th at about 3PM, still no codes..then I see people posting that they bought them a day later and got them within 30 minutes. Sigh. I hope this isn't the same scenario as the last time.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2011
1142 posts
258 upvotes
Winnipeg
Eb also has the buy 3 month get 3 months free...
Le_arned to Churn now I use it as my hanrness.
Buy low sell high, always make a way to get what you want!💪😁👌
May 14, 2009
656 posts
8450 upvotes
Sherbrooke
LtAmbrose501 wrote:
Jan 20th, 2019 3:34 am
I ordered mine on the 18th at about 3PM, still no codes..then I see people posting that they bought them a day later and got them within 30 minutes. Sigh. I hope this isn't the same scenario as the last time.
I had the same issue when ordering Friday afternoon for a previous deal. I got my first set of codes and then had to wait until I believe it was Tuesday or even Wednesday the following week... I was about to take time to call and receive the additional codes by email
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
2617 posts
578 upvotes
Vancouver
LtAmbrose501 wrote:
Jan 20th, 2019 3:34 am
I wouldn't sweat it. Same thing happened to me last time and this time again. Last time I waited over a week but got everything. Unless your subscription is spitting in the next couple of days, it'll come when it comes.
[OP]
May 13, 2015
10 posts
30 upvotes
Montreal, QC
bobitza wrote:
Jan 19th, 2019 8:29 pm
Costco just cancelled my order, anyone else in the same boat?
Do you have a membership? You are supposed to be able to order these without a membership, but when I tried on the last costco deal, they kept cancelling the orders. When I emailed customer service, they rudely replied "get a membership next time". That one line! The rest of the email was blank! They didn't even explain why it was cancelled or show supporting information as whether you really need a membership or not. I know for the 1 yr the specifically mention its a member only exclusive and you need to sign in to see the price.

My membership had expired at the time, but I decided to renew as they had a good deal on tires. That's how I got this deal.
[OP]
May 13, 2015
10 posts
30 upvotes
Montreal, QC
deity_of_death wrote:
Jan 19th, 2019 11:42 pm
How long after the order comes in does it take the second bonus code to come in? I got the first email hours ago but no bonus code yet.
Bonus came today (2-3 days after) for me. Check your spam just in case.
Mar 23, 2017
143 posts
105 upvotes
Toronto
I got the purchase and bonus within 40 minutes of each other. Took about 20 minutes after ordering, if that. I was able to get the bonus month off the purchased code, but not the bonus one.
May 27, 2011
406 posts
334 upvotes
Montreal
justotron wrote:
Jan 21st, 2019 9:58 am
Do you have a membership?
I do, the black card one (forgot the name).
Feb 24, 2005
87 posts
9 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I purchased 3 of them from Costco on Friday night and received the codes on Monday early afternoon. My live subscription had expired already on Jan 17.

For the 3 purchased cards, the turn-on auto-billing trick worked, so I got an extra 3 months out of those. The bonus 3 x 3 month cards did not work with the auto-billing trick (expected).

A previous poster had mentioned it's really only 90 days which is true. After all said and done, my subscription now expires on Oct 15, 2020. So really it's about 7 days short of a full 21 months for $76.47. So I guess that works out to about $3.64/month. I'm happy with that. Thanks OP!
Aug 22, 2014
1 posts
St Catharines, ON
doesn't work when you go to checkout its 37.99
Mar 29, 2010
2 posts
Vancouver
The link above is to the 6 month card. Bought a 3 month and have not received any email with the codes or anything, it’s been about an hour. Will check tomorrow.
Feb 1, 2017
7 posts
joehiebert wrote:
Jan 22nd, 2019 8:33 pm
The link above is to the 6 month card. Bought a 3 month and have not received any email with the codes or anything, it’s been about an hour. Will check tomorrow.
The delivery time on these seems kind of slow. Purchased yesterday afternoon and still nothing.
May 27, 2010
340 posts
108 upvotes
Seems I bought too many. Didn’t realize the cap limit for Xbox Live.