Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Xbox live 3 months - get 3 additional months free

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 4th, 2019 10:53 am
Sep 8, 2006
716 posts
418 upvotes
Edmonton
Is the order code with the "P" the promo code? I might just redeem the promo code first and save the regular codes for later.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
16579 posts
6462 upvotes
Oakville
Simby wrote:
Feb 1st, 2019 11:15 am
Is the order code with the "P" the promo code? I might just redeem the promo code first and save the regular codes for later.
I assume so? I'm not actually convinced that the codes expire though - there's no mention of it in the code email or in the order confirmation email. I think they're just trying to get people to use the codes and not leave them hanging around for ages, but if they actually DO expire the codes and never indicated it anywhere on them, They would've have much of a leg to stand on in the case of a dispute (how could they prove that the product page on the costco site included that expiry, if they never included the expiry in the code or order email that they sent?)
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Mar 13, 2010
373 posts
67 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
kvella01 wrote:
Jan 31st, 2019 5:19 pm
Was anyone able to use the free month on the bonus codes? I ordered 2 and it worked on the first 2 codes but then the bonus codes did not give me an optio for a free month
I don't think anyone has had any luck getting the extra month with the bonus code, seems to only work with the first code
Mar 7, 2011
40 posts
16 upvotes
Kingsville
Got my bonus codes within 2 hours but was unable to use any of the bonus codes for the extra month trick
May 27, 2010
360 posts
134 upvotes
wearysky wrote:
Feb 1st, 2019 11:51 am
I assume so? I'm not actually convinced that the codes expire though - there's no mention of it in the code email or in the order confirmation email.
When I asked Costco support, they told me they expire on March 31, 2019. I tried calling Xbox Support, but they were not able to confirm.
Oct 19, 2009
407 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
d_bomb_23 wrote:
Feb 1st, 2019 12:24 pm
I don't think anyone has had any luck getting the extra month with the bonus code, seems to only work with the first code
Thanks. I just tried entering my second code and it said I maximized extending my subscription -_-
I didn't know there was a limited of how far you can extend my subscription. Now i need to sell it by March 31st -_-
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
16579 posts
6462 upvotes
Oakville
baconcow wrote:
Feb 1st, 2019 12:39 pm
When I asked Costco support, they told me they expire on March 31, 2019. I tried calling Xbox Support, but they were not able to confirm.
Costco support doesn't actually issue the codes though, Codes2Go does. I'm actually loaded up for 3 years now, and can't apply one of my codes before March 31... If it *does* expire, I will be 100% contacting them to get a new code. But I would be very surprised if the codes actually expire (I've used other Codes2GO xbox codes long after purchasing them - unless this is a new policy, in which case it should be very clearly stated in the code email, which it isn't).
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
May 27, 2010
360 posts
134 upvotes
wearysky wrote:
Feb 1st, 2019 1:45 pm
Costco support doesn't actually issue the codes though, Codes2Go does. I'm actually loaded up for 3 years now, and can't apply one of my codes before March 31... If it *does* expire, I will be 100% contacting them to get a new code. But I would be very surprised if the codes actually expire (I've used other Codes2GO xbox codes long after purchasing them - unless this is a new policy, in which case it should be very clearly stated in the code email, which it isn't).
I bought too many, and cannot use three of my codes (I mistakenly thought the XBL limit was 5 years, and had bought some from the previous deal, and last years deal).
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2004
3992 posts
937 upvotes
Vancouver
wearysky wrote:
Feb 1st, 2019 1:45 pm
wearysky wrote:
Feb 1st, 2019 11:51 am
I assume so? I'm not actually convinced that the codes expire though - there's no mention of it in the code email or in the order confirmation email. I think they're just trying to get people to use the codes and not leave them hanging around for ages, but if they actually DO expire the codes and never indicated it anywhere on them, They would've have much of a leg to stand on in the case of a dispute (how could they prove that the product page on the costco site included that expiry, if they never included the expiry in the code or order email that they sent?)
I think the promo codes are special. I've have a 12-month XBL sub that I bought 2 years ago and forgot about. Still works today. Consensus on this thread is that it's only the promo code that isn't eligible for the additional month. I would redeem the promo code first.
Removed external link in signature.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
9136 posts
2081 upvotes
Trump Uni Dropout
TBH I once had a 1 year code that worked but I had to wait 1 year before I could redeem it because it said there was a 36 month max.

Fast forward 1 year later and I tried to use the code and it said the code had already been redeemed!
You only live twice ǝɔᴉʍʇ 😎
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2003
1198 posts
148 upvotes
Waterloo
Trying out this deal. First code initially said it didn't work with my coutnry. Promo one didn't show bonus month.

Now all of a sudden first code isn't geo locked, and I got a free 1 month. So I redeemed. Second isn't showing bonus month. Maybe there is a delay between when you can get the bonus? I will wait a bit to try the second code again.