Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Xterra FB360 Folding (Stationary/Indoor) Exercise Bike $159.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 18th, 2021 6:39 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
1736 posts
292 upvotes
Toronto
Has anyone figured out how to convert to KM?
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2009
1266 posts
924 upvotes
Ottawa
2K6TSX wrote: Has anyone figured out how to convert to KM?
After 55 miles and trying multiple button combos... not sure. Google was also no help.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2011
1814 posts
347 upvotes
Toronto
Noticed making little noise if I don’t hold on the handle enough - anyone has this issue?
Been only riding between 1-3 resistance
Jr. Member
Sep 21, 2016
100 posts
19 upvotes
Anybody else experiencing a "clicking" noise when you pedal? My left pedal has a clicking noise once it reaches a specific position of 1 cycle rotation.
Member
Nov 19, 2016
458 posts
244 upvotes
jgravity wrote: Anybody else experiencing a "clicking" noise when you pedal? My left pedal has a clicking noise once it reaches a specific position of 1 cycle rotation.
None on my side.. it's smooth as butter.

Sounds like somethings up with yours. Give or some time to work itself out else gotta look into options
Jr. Member
Sep 21, 2016
100 posts
19 upvotes
It was smooth as butter too for the first week but now there's a click. Anybody know where I can find the serial number on the bike?
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2009
1266 posts
924 upvotes
Ottawa
azybcxrfd wrote: Noticed making little noise if I don’t hold on the handle enough - anyone has this issue?
Been only riding between 1-3 resistance
jgravity wrote: Anybody else experiencing a "clicking" noise when you pedal? My left pedal has a clicking noise once it reaches a specific position of 1 cycle rotation.

Double-check that the screws on the two plastic pieces are tight (might as well check the other ones as well); I actually had two that I didn't fully tighten or that came loose after I re-attached the tension cable...the plastic pieces were flexing against each other. If that doesn't work, then it could be the pedal itself.

Once that has been checked/fixed...it could also be the pin's ring moving around (that keeps the bike in the folded positions).
[OP]
Sr. Member
Jan 3, 2013
707 posts
2389 upvotes
Toronto
cloak wrote: Detached (and detached with spring removed) and then attached
Hi. I’m having this problem too. This might be dumb but how do you manage to compress the string to get it back on there? I don’t have the tools to remove the pedals and can only manage to get the wire back in the slot without the spring. The only problem without the spring is if you set it to 1, it won’t be able to change after. Thanks.

Just also adding to this, make sure you have the knob adjusted to 8, this will lengthen that wire fully so you can move it. I had a hell of a time trying to do it while it was at 1.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2009
1266 posts
924 upvotes
Ottawa
Coolcicada wrote: Hi. I’m having this problem too. This might be dumb but how do you manage to compress the string to get it back on there? I don’t have the tools to remove the pedals and can only manage to get the wire back in the slot without the spring. The only problem without the spring is if you set it to 1, it won’t be able to change after. Thanks.

Just also adding to this, make sure you have the knob adjusted to 8, this will lengthen that wire fully so you can move it. I had a hell of a time trying to do it while it was at 1.
I just compressed the spring with my fingers. Compress it between your finger (or fingers and pliers) and slip it on the cable until you are passed the knob at the top of the cable - grab / hold the knob. If you have the knob secure, you can let go of the spring/let it decompress since you are holding the part that matters and that will keep it on the cable. Then thread the knob / top of the cable into the tension adjuster / white piece.

Simply: you should be able to push or pull the spring down.
Images
  • 20201029_183847.jpg
Newbie
May 25, 2020
83 posts
79 upvotes
Coolcicada wrote: Hi. I’m having this problem too. This might be dumb but how do you manage to compress the string to get it back on there? I don’t have the tools to remove the pedals and can only manage to get the wire back in the slot without the spring. The only problem without the spring is if you set it to 1, it won’t be able to change after. Thanks.

Just also adding to this, make sure you have the knob adjusted to 8, this will lengthen that wire fully so you can move it. I had a hell of a time trying to do it while it was at 1.
I used a needle nose plier - use it on the sides of the spring to compress it, and then move the whole cable into the slot, with the spring compressed below the slot. Way easier than using my fingers.
Newbie
Aug 22, 2013
44 posts
15 upvotes
Victoria
Anyone have issues with the pedals becoming loose after use?
Member
Nov 19, 2016
458 posts
244 upvotes
Haven't had that yet.. tighten them back?

Mine has the blue display beze lsticking fully in top corners tho
Jr. Member
Oct 30, 2008
124 posts
300 upvotes
Toronto
I am absolutely frustrated with Xterra right now. After assembling, I ran into the same issues as some of the others on this thread where the knob doesn't change resistance and of course, it is the tension cable and the spring issue. I don't have a crank puller and customer service there was absolutely useless. They can't send a technician because it's not covered under their warranty even though they messed up. And that the only thing I can do it either buy a tool I'll never use again or return it which means I have to find a way to lug the damn bike back to Costco. They don't even send or reimburse a tool I have to buy specifically for this useless thing! I've never had a company that doesn't take responsibility for their products.
Member
Nov 19, 2016
458 posts
244 upvotes
punkprincess wrote: I am absolutely frustrated with Xterra right now. After assembling, I ran into the same issues as some of the others on this thread where the knob doesn't change resistance and of course, it is the tension cable and the spring issue. I don't have a crank puller and customer service there was absolutely useless. They can't send a technician because it's not covered under their warranty even though they messed up. And that the only thing I can do it either buy a tool I'll never use again or return it which means I have to find a way to lug the damn bike back to Costco. They don't even send or reimburse a tool I have to buy specifically for this useless thing! I've never had a company that doesn't take responsibility for their products.
There were a few instructions and pictures in the thread of how to fix it. I think it only involves unscrewing the plastic casing, remove the front foot dome bolts that the machine rests on, and then using a needle nose plier to set the cable.

Are you able to have a friend/family member help you? I think it would only take 15 minutes
Jr. Member
Oct 30, 2008
124 posts
300 upvotes
Toronto
MisterTeee wrote: There were a few instructions and pictures in the thread of how to fix it. I think it only involves unscrewing the plastic casing, remove the front foot dome bolts that the machine rests on, and then using a needle nose plier to set the cable.

Are you able to have a friend/family member help you? I think it would only take 15 minutes
I tried following this thread's solution. But the opening on the plastic casing is too small even removing every obstacle that keeps the plastic casing from not opening as wide as possible and no one could get it in place. We don't have a crank puller to remove the pedals either.

I ended up calling Costco and they are going to connect with Dyaco and see what my options are. Me and my husband spend all night yesterday trying to fix it but it's just not working.
Member
Nov 19, 2016
458 posts
244 upvotes
punkprincess wrote: I tried following this thread's solution. But the opening on the plastic casing is too small even removing every obstacle that keeps the plastic casing from not opening as wide as possible and no one could get it in place. We don't have a crank puller to remove the pedals either.

I ended up calling Costco and they are going to connect with Dyaco and see what my options are. Me and my husband spend all night yesterday trying to fix it but it's just not working.
So sorry to hear :(. Just to double check, did you remove the front "foot" / bar and associated dome nuts that the bike sits on?
Jr. Member
Oct 30, 2008
124 posts
300 upvotes
Toronto
MisterTeee wrote: So sorry to hear :(. Just to double check, did you remove the front "foot" / bar and associated dome nuts that the bike sits on?
Yeah, I tried. Costco actually called back today. They offered to cover the cost for me to order a crank puller and apparently, xterra, will send me a replacement part they think I'll need so I can attempt to fix it myself. For those who are having trouble with the same issue, it's worth calling Costco and have them cover cost for the tools needed.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2009
1266 posts
924 upvotes
Ottawa
punkprincess wrote: Yeah, I tried. Costco actually called back today. They offered to cover the cost for me to order a crank puller and apparently, xterra, will send me a replacement part they think I'll need so I can attempt to fix it myself. For those who are having trouble with the same issue, it's worth calling Costco and have them cover cost for the tools needed.
As much as I hate Costco trips: you just can't beat their service.
Member
Nov 19, 2016
458 posts
244 upvotes
Been using this for the last few weeks.

No issues so far. Aside from resistance being quite strong at the lower levels, don't know who's able to keep up with the higher ones lol.

This was a great purchase for me to slip in 15 mins before work and before bed even. Makes me feel less guilty on the days where I'm just too mentally drained to do weights.

Top