[Costco] Yamaha DTX432 Electronic Drums - $650

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 16th, 2020 11:13 am
[OP]
Dec 14, 2017
341 posts
333 upvotes

[Costco] Yamaha DTX432 Electronic Drums - $650

Been eyeing these for a while and they have finally come down from $850, to $650.

Pretty decent deal considering it has the actual kick and comes with the drum stool. They get pretty good reviews online. Would probably classify them as a beginner/intermediate set.
5 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2005
1575 posts
663 upvotes
I played around with one of those a few times, not bad for an entry level kit. It doesn't have a ton of sounds to choose from, but the ones that it has are solid.

Of course, like all kits at that price, the pads aren't that great. If you end up spending any serious time in front of the kit you'll want to replace that snare with something better.
[OP]
Dec 14, 2017
341 posts
333 upvotes
zero64 wrote: I played around with one of those a few times, not bad for an entry level kit. It doesn't have a ton of sounds to choose from, but the ones that it has are solid.

Of course, like all kits at that price, the pads aren't that great. If you end up spending any serious time in front of the kit you'll want to replace that snare with something better.
Yup, agreed. From what I understand, the pads here are 3-zone, which is surprisingly decent.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
1031 posts
225 upvotes
Suppose they're okay if you're just starting out, but if you intend on doing this a while, just jump straight to Roland.