Yardistry 12x10 Aluminum roof $1599 at Costco

• Last Updated:
  • May 26th, 2021 11:34 pm
[OP]
Nov 5, 2019
47 posts
21 upvotes

[Costco] Yardistry 12x10 Aluminum roof $1599 at Costco

Seems like a good deal. Ordered one myself.
15 replies
Jul 24, 2019
19 posts
19 upvotes
Ordered a 12x12 last week when they went back in stock but yet to be delivered. Been looking for the 10x10 that they had a couple years ago. This will work much better.

Thanks OP

Anyone able to find the mosquito net kit for this size? Apparently it's a new one this year.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2007
2168 posts
1502 upvotes
Markham
Also note: 12*10 actually 11*9 measuring Piller to Piller.
The roof extended 6 inch all sides from pillar.
-------
Thank you
Feb 29, 2016
403 posts
220 upvotes
Ottawa
kunamvahees wrote: Also note: 12*10 actually 11*9 measuring Piller to Piller.
Good callout considering 11x9 = 99sqft which is JUST under the 100sqft permit requirement for many municipalities including mine. Can anyone comment on how loud the sound of rain is on this aluminum roof?

Also, the link is broken (for me anyway) but this link works > https://www.costco.ca/yardistry-cedar-g ... 09906.html
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2012
1060 posts
245 upvotes
Toronto
Built yesterday, it was a little tough but do. A few people for the roof really helps.
Oct 5, 2011
386 posts
251 upvotes
Toronto
kunamvahees wrote: Also note: 12*10 actually 11*9 measuring Piller to Piller.
Any chance you might have this confirmation via email from your municipality? After being on hold for 1hr this week to try and confirm this, I took them on their offer to leave a voicemail (which they didn't return despite their guaranteed 24hr callbacks lol).

Some of our neighbors are very "by the book", so we'd prefer this confirmation before going through the process. Thanks in advance for PMing me if you do!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2004
5751 posts
5329 upvotes
Edmonton
stark101 wrote: Any chance you might have this confirmation via email from your municipality? After being on hold for 1hr this week to try and confirm this, I took them on their offer to leave a voicemail (which they didn't return despite their guaranteed 24hr callbacks lol).

Some of our neighbors are very "by the book", so we'd prefer this confirmation before going through the process. Thanks in advance for PMing me if you do!
What are you looking for confirmation of? That the 100sqft limit doesn't include the roof?
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2013
1226 posts
704 upvotes
Scarborough
In Toronto is specified as 108 sq feet area, which i would read as base calculation, but that could depend of how stingy is the city agent. Maybe someone more knowledgeable could enlighten is about how the area is calculated.
Oct 5, 2011
386 posts
251 upvotes
Toronto
adamtheman wrote: What are you looking for confirmation of? That the 100sqft limit doesn't include the roof?
Yes, exactly! i.e. is the 108sqft limitation based on outerpost to outerpost dimensions or roof corner to roof corner. If it's the latter, then we're indeed limited to the 10x10' version... If it's the former, we can stretch to the 12x10' version (i.e. 11x9' outerpost to outerpost or 99sqft). I tried reading the Toronto by-laws but couldn't get to a conclusion on my own unfortunately (and couldn't reach someone from the city yet to confirm). Thanks in advance if anyone's already done that piece of the homework and don't mind sharing!
Nov 29, 2014
52 posts
128 upvotes
St George Brant, ON
My jurisdiction is 108 sq. ft. also - very clearly measured from outside of the exterior walls, but does NOT include roof overhang.

Quote from Toronto: https://www.toronto.ca/services-payment ... ng-permit/

[Note that this is under the section of what DOES need a permit; listed as an exception of something that does NOT require a permit. It's not under the no-permit expansion part]

Construct an accessory structure larger than 10 square metres* (108 square feet) in area, such as
Detached Garage
Workshop
Garden shed
Carport
Pool house or cabana
*Note: If you are constructing an accessory structure and it is attached to an existing building and/or has plumbing, regardless of its size, a building permit is required.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2004
5751 posts
5329 upvotes
Edmonton
stark101 wrote: Yes, exactly! i.e. is the 108sqft limitation based on outerpost to outerpost dimensions or roof corner to roof corner. If it's the latter, then we're indeed limited to the 10x10' version... If it's the former, we can stretch to the 12x10' version (i.e. 11x9' outerpost to outerpost or 99sqft). I tried reading the Toronto by-laws but couldn't get to a conclusion on my own unfortunately (and couldn't reach someone from the city yet to confirm). Thanks in advance if anyone's already done that piece of the homework and don't mind sharing!
That question was asked here previously and answered by two people. I doubt you'll get an official answer:
Click here: See Post 15,16 and 17. Also read the last post in the thead to make sure you meet other density requirements. toronto-shed-setback-2033994/
May 10, 2020
246 posts
202 upvotes
RetiredRFDer wrote: Good callout considering 11x9 = 99sqft which is JUST under the 100sqft permit requirement for many municipalities including mine. Can anyone comment on how loud the sound of rain is on this aluminum roof?

Also, the link is broken (for me anyway) but this link works > https://www.costco.ca/yardistry-cedar-g ... 09906.html
Are u sure about this as I have a grumpy neighbour and want this but afraid he will complain
Oct 5, 2011
386 posts
251 upvotes
Toronto
adamtheman wrote: That question was asked here previously and answered by two people. I doubt you'll get an official answer:
Click here: See Post 15,16 and 17. Also read the last post in the thead to make sure you meet other density requirements. toronto-shed-setback-2033994/
Okay great, thanks dude! Good night time reading right there Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat
May 25, 2021
4 posts
Ontario
A permit for an accessory structure (eg gazebo) won’t require if it has a ‘footprint’ (the space on the ground that the building will take up) less than 10 sq m.

The Yardistry 10’ x 12’ has a foot print less than 10 sq m, and thus no permit is required ( confirmed with the city).

https://www.markham.ca/wps/portal/home/ ... ns-permits