Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Yardmax 5-tonne Electric log splitter $199 @ Costco.ca

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 21st, 2019 1:06 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
4266 posts
3731 upvotes

[Costco] Yardmax 5-tonne Electric log splitter $199 @ Costco.ca

I actually purchased this at $239 when the sale hit Monday - just got an alert that the price was reduced another $40. Pretty good deal, considering CT is selling a comparable tool for $299 on sale right now. Decent deal if you need it.
Last edited by TomRFD on Oct 18th, 2019 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated retailer name
24 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
3884 posts
1077 upvotes
Hamilton
To be honest this is something I WISH I needed. Something about the ease of splitting logs and the subsequent burning of said logs sounds relaxing.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2009
5424 posts
5281 upvotes
GTA
Can this be used as nutcracker? Trying to find a use for this.
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2013
1328 posts
965 upvotes
Toronto
razrsharp wrote: I actually purchased this at $239 when the sale hit Monday - just got an alert that the price was reduced another $40. Pretty good deal, considering CT is selling a comparable tool for $299 on sale right now. Decent deal if you need it.
Is there a 3rd party tool that alerts for Costco price drops (like triple camels for Amazon)? Or was this the Costco email newsletter?
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2006
3580 posts
2795 upvotes
Pothole city
Tommy74 wrote: Can this be used as nutcracker? Trying to find a use for this.
Chopping veggies?
Feb 19, 2008
4266 posts
3731 upvotes
injust wrote: Is there a 3rd party tool that alerts for Costco price drops (like triple camels for Amazon)? Or was this the Costco email newsletter?
I got an email from them directly. A very nice surprise
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2013
1328 posts
965 upvotes
Toronto
razrsharp wrote: I got an email from them directly. A very nice surprise
Was is the generic newsletter, or a specific alert for the price drop on your purchased item?
I've never heard of Costco sending price drop alert emails like that before.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
4266 posts
3731 upvotes
injust wrote: Was is the generic newsletter, or a specific alert for the price drop on your purchased item?
I've never heard of Costco sending price drop alert emails like that before.
Specific and personal
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2003
5335 posts
3149 upvotes
A Place to Stand
razrsharp wrote: I actually purchased this at $239 when the sale hit Monday - just got an alert that the price was reduced another $40. Pretty good deal, considering CT is selling a comparable tool for $299 on sale right now. Decent deal if you need it.
Good deal. The CT one does not include a stand ($30), or free shipping (these things are bloody heavy), or the Costco warranty. If you are still splitting wood the old fashioned way, you'll never look back once you use a log splitter.
Dec 16, 2012
68 posts
45 upvotes
Ottawa
t3359 wrote: 5-tonne is sufficient to split what size/dimensions of log?

thanks
bjl
Info is right on the linked page:
Log capacity 52.1 cm (20.5 in.) length and 25.4 cm (10 in.) diameter
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2008
1126 posts
1793 upvotes
Blips & Chitz
t3359 wrote: 5-tonne is sufficient to split what size/dimensions of log?

thanks
bjl
Other than length, there are no precise limitations. Factors include hardness, straightness of grain, moisture content, presence of knots. Here's a good video on a similar priced 5-ton splitter.

Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2005
17068 posts
1830 upvotes
Thornhill
GreenRanger wrote: Info is right on the linked page:
Log capacity 52.1 cm (20.5 in.) length and 25.4 cm (10 in.) diameter
Argh, I actually read that but it didn't register in my head.

thanks...
bjl
What we do in life echoes in Eternity... and in Google cache.
RFD discounts for Schluter products
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2004
1142 posts
461 upvotes
Waterloo
brghunter wrote: Other than length, there are no precise limitations. Factors include hardness, straightness of grain, moisture content, presence of knots. Here's a good video on a similar priced 5-ton splitter.

This is spot on. I’ve split just about every type of hardwood with a 5 ton splitter and the tried to do some relatively fresh elm and it couldn’t split it. I borrowed a friends 25 ton gas splitter and even it struggled with some of the same logs.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20241 posts
8367 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
Tommy74 wrote: Can this be used as nutcracker? Trying to find a use for this.
I'm going to start a new YouTube sensation called Will It Split.

That's all I've got to go with as a city slicker.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
1361 posts
334 upvotes
Medicine Hat and SW …
This is really an exceptional price for a 5 ton splitter with a tall stand. Generally very good reviews on the web. I was hoping to learn if the ram auto-retracts but didn't see that mentioned. Ordered it as I'm getting too old to really enjoy manually splitting anymore. That kind of exercise can be overrated. Thanks OP.
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2007
1802 posts
347 upvotes
GTA
I have one. About 7 years old now. Still running strong.
Feb 6, 2014
224 posts
130 upvotes
nova scotia
I use one. They are what they are. Sometimes ya need to try a few different spots on a log to get it split. The best part for me is. I’ll leave a lot of logs not split completely and put the splitter in my basement during winter and split accordingly the size I want or make small pieces for getting a fire going.