Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] **YCMV** Fletchers Thick-Slice Alderwood smoked maple bacon $2.72/lb

  • Last Updated:
  • Apr 2nd, 2020 9:52 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 10, 2009
1078 posts
4059 upvotes
Van Isle

[Costco] **YCMV** Fletchers Thick-Slice Alderwood smoked maple bacon $2.72/lb

This may only be a western Costco sale so it is YCMV. A high quality bacon in a 1.5kg package size. It is very hard nowadays to find even crappy bacon like Spalding or Campfire for sub $3/500gr. There are no limits in place and I was a bit shocked yesterday observing no frenzy around this bacon.

I just cooked up 6 rashers and I feel I may be having bacon again for supper!
Last edited by katwittfan on Apr 2nd, 2020 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Militant Atheist....There's no goddamn god goddamn it
17 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
8700 posts
5086 upvotes
ON
katwittfan wrote: This may only be a western Costco sale so it is YCMV. A high quality bacon in a 1.5kg package size. It is very hard nowadays to find even crappy bacon like Spalding or Campfire for sub $3/500gr. There are no limits in place and I was a bit shocked yesterday observing no frenzy around this bacon.

I just cooked up 6 rashers and I feel I may be having bacon again for supper!
You will be shocked again by the interest shown in this thread...doppel whammy ya ?
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2013
1588 posts
1422 upvotes
dilligafeh wrote: You will be shocked again by the interest shown in this thread...doppel whammy ya ?


Patiently watching to see if it's in the GTA
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
8700 posts
5086 upvotes
ON
bigmackKFT wrote: Patiently watching to see if it's in the GTA
After waiting for an hour in line to get into Costco, who has the patience to look for stuff ? I just grabbed what I needed and knew the location with exactly zero time spent browsing.
Maybe if they left it on a skid at the entrance I would have noticed it.
Newbie
Sep 15, 2006
52 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
Paying a membership fee to wait a hour , no thanks I’ll leave my Costco Card in my wallet . No place is worth waiting a hour and paying them t shop and check out there
Sr. Member
Mar 18, 2008
570 posts
703 upvotes
Toronto
dilligafeh wrote: After waiting for an hour in line to get into Costco, who has the patience to look for stuff ? I just grabbed what I needed and knew the location with exactly zero time spent browsing.
Maybe if they left it on a skid at the entrance I would have noticed it.
Woah. Is that how it is now?

I went to Costco twice over the last 2 weeks but at 730pm and it was dead(Richmond hill location)
Sr. Member
Mar 18, 2008
570 posts
703 upvotes
Toronto
bigmackKFT wrote: Patiently watching to see if it's in the GTA
I looked thoroughly in the Richmond hill store last week for maple bacon but none available.

OP, maybe can you post the item number and we can call to ask
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 17, 2006
4836 posts
2867 upvotes
katwittfan wrote: This may only be a western Costco sale so it is YCMV. A high quality bacon in a 1.5kg package size. It is very hard nowadays to find even crappy bacon like Spalding or Campfire for sub $3/500gr. There are no limits in place and I was a bit shocked yesterday observing no frenzy around this bacon.

I just cooked up 6 rashers and I feel I may be having bacon again for supper!
Did you mean to write YMMV?
CPU: Intel i7-7700K @4.5GHz | GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 | RAM: ADATA XPG DDR4 3000MHz 24GB | SSD: WD Black 512GB NVMe | Mobo: ASUS STRIX Z270E | Case: COUGAR PANZER | Cooler: CORSAIR Hydro Series H110 |Monitor: 2 x HP 27es 27" IPS LCD
Moderator
May 28, 2012
11230 posts
3437 upvotes
Saskatoon
Can confirm this price at Costco SK.
Sr. Member
Sep 16, 2019
884 posts
981 upvotes
katwittfan wrote: This may only be a western Costco sale so it is YCMV. A high quality bacon in a 1.5kg package size. It is very hard nowadays to find even crappy bacon like Spalding or Campfire for sub $3/500gr. There are no limits in place and I was a bit shocked yesterday observing no frenzy around this bacon.

I just cooked up 6 rashers and I feel I may be having bacon again for supper!
Bought two packs of this bacon and haven't tried it yet, but you're making me considering getting more already haha

EDIT: If we are talking about the same bacon, it is not applewood, it is ALDERwood. My partner was so sure it was applewood I made a bet for a 1 hour massage.. Win win, cheap delicious bacon and free massage.
Last edited by Parrajara on Apr 2nd, 2020 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 17, 2006
4836 posts
2867 upvotes
tsmswifty wrote: YCMV := Your Costco May Vary
Lmao! I never thought about that.
CPU: Intel i7-7700K @4.5GHz | GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 | RAM: ADATA XPG DDR4 3000MHz 24GB | SSD: WD Black 512GB NVMe | Mobo: ASUS STRIX Z270E | Case: COUGAR PANZER | Cooler: CORSAIR Hydro Series H110 |Monitor: 2 x HP 27es 27" IPS LCD
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jul 8, 2009
10775 posts
5076 upvotes
We buy this everytime its on sale great price for good cut.

Wont be going to buy any not worth our time or dealing with crazy.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user!
EQ BANK!
SIMPLii !!
Buy first think later!
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 10, 2009
1078 posts
4059 upvotes
Van Isle
Parrajara wrote: Bought two packs of this bacon and haven't tried it yet, but you're making me considering getting more already haha

EDIT: If we are talking about the same bacon, it is not applewood, it is ALDERwood. My partner was so sure it was applewood I made a bet for a 1 hour massage.. Win win, cheap delicious bacon and free massage.
You are correct! It is ALDERwood and possibly it was a freudian slip as we have APPLEwood Ford out here and Ive been eyeing up a new Lariat.
Militant Atheist....There's no goddamn god goddamn it
Jr. Member
Jan 31, 2007
162 posts
120 upvotes
British Columbia
Sejad wrote: Did you mean to write YMMV?

Your Cholesterol May Vary.
Member
Jul 23, 2011
490 posts
274 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Bought 5 packs, awesome bacon, awesome price!
Penalty Box
Feb 23, 2004
6031 posts
1918 upvotes
Purchased at Costco in Burnaby, BC for this price.

Top