YMMV $399.97 iPad Mini 5th Gen 64GB in Space Grey

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 15th, 2021 12:31 pm
[OP]
May 6, 2018
188 posts
170 upvotes

[Costco] YMMV $399.97 iPad Mini 5th Gen 64GB in Space Grey

Spot this discontinued deal in Heartland Costco in Mississauga.

After I purchased one, there is currently 1 more left.

Good luck hunting!
Images
  • 7E2D15BB-6302-4977-94C0-6213F73A1D24.jpeg
66 replies
Mar 6, 2019
308 posts
390 upvotes
Just note for anyone interested that the mini is heavily rumoured to have a MASSIVE redesign soon (within the next 2 months), so retailers will look to clear stock. A12 chip is 3 years old at this point as well.

https://www.macworld.com/article/348867 ... lease.html

That being said, if you are looking for a nice portable tablet, this is definitely the best on the market.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
6458 posts
2783 upvotes
West GTEH!
ekinjil wrote: Spot this discontinued deal in Heartland Costco in Mississauga.

After I purchased one, there is currently 1 more left.

Good luck hunting!
Thanks OP.
😎
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
5312 posts
5312 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
The only thing to point out with Mini 6 rumours is that everyone was guaranteeing it was going to be announced during the Spring Event and nothing ended up coming of it.

In all honesty I'd be kind of surprised if they unveiled a new iPad 9 and iPad Mini 6 in the same presentation, so it's probably going to be one or the other.
Apr 24, 2014
64 posts
101 upvotes
Sydney
chemicalxv wrote: The only thing to point out with Mini 6 rumours is that everyone was guaranteeing it was going to be announced during the Spring Event and nothing ended up coming of it.

In all honesty I'd be kind of surprised if they unveiled a new iPad 9 and iPad Mini 6 in the same presentation, so it's probably going to be one or the other.
I remember hearing something about Apple holding it back because they wanted to wait for a lull in the release cycle. I’d say if they do release it with an updated iPad Pro Style redesign it will be October/November

I loved my iPad mini 2, but having just picked up an iPad Air 4, man I missed the bigger screen
Deal Fanatic
Jun 20, 2020
7208 posts
7868 upvotes
Toronto
sonyHdr12 wrote: Mini 6 is coming today
Today's event will unveil the iPhone 13, Apple Watch Series 7, and AirPods 3

Apple Event 'California Streaming' on September 14, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. PDT. | New iPhones and Apple Watch Series

Apple has one further event planned that will focus on new Mac and iPad announcements, according to Bloomberg journalist Mark Gurman.

Gurman: Apple's Second Fall Event to Focus on Both New Macs and New iPads
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
5718 posts
2549 upvotes
Ottawa
Dhanushan wrote: Today's event will unveil the iPhone 13, Apple Watch Series 7, and AirPods 3

Apple Event 'California Streaming' on September 14, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. PDT. | New iPhones and Apple Watch Series

Apple has one further event planned that will focus on new Mac and iPad announcements, according to Bloomberg journalist Mark Gurman.

Gurman: Apple's Second Fall Event to Focus on Both New Macs and New iPads
Are you sure no mini 6?
Aug 13, 2020
720 posts
3185 upvotes
2 Quick questions please :

My Mom is 75 and has just started using a smart phone (Iphone 7) and she loves. She does struggle with Windows (Other than browsing+gmail). I think the Icons on the iPhone are a lot easier for her to use than Windows Menus. (EG: Start/Program files/microsoft office/Word.exe)

1 - As a next step, would you guys recommend she get an iPad ? IPad Pro ? iPad Mini ?

2 - Other than loosing the Phone portion and gaining a larger screen, are there other reasons someone would go to iPad?

Thank you
Aug 29, 2010
8 posts
7 upvotes
IslandDeal wrote: 2 Quick questions please :

My Mom is 75 and has just started using a smart phone (Iphone 7) and she loves. She does struggle with Windows (Other than browsing+gmail). I think the Icons on the iPhone are a lot easier for her to use than Windows Menus. (EG: Start/Program files/microsoft office/Word.exe)

1 - As a next step, would you guys recommend she get an iPad ? IPad Pro ? iPad Mini ?

2 - Other than loosing the Phone portion and gaining a larger screen, are there other reasons someone would go to iPad?

Thank you

My mom is 74 and has an iPad and loves it. She is not good with technology at all and does great with her iPad. I have an iPad also, so when she has questions, I can talk her through it easily. She is able to read books on it and takes out books online through the library as well as play games, check FB and email. One thing I did do was get rid of most of her icons and only leave the ones she uses on the front page to make it less confusing for her. I would recommend just the regular iPad. I think the larger size is better and likely no need to spend more $$ on the Pro.
Mar 6, 2019
308 posts
390 upvotes
sonyHdr12 wrote: Are you sure no mini 6?
All rumours point to them following last years model of events, I would bet $1000 that there is no iPad announcement today. The last time they announced a new iPad during September alongside iPhones it caused confusion at the store level with their back to school promos.

The Mini will be released in October or November this year.
Apr 28, 2010
144 posts
208 upvotes
richmond hill
What time and channel is this conference on?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
5718 posts
2549 upvotes
Ottawa
OleSolskjaer wrote: All rumours point to them following last years model of events, I would bet $1000 that there is no iPad announcement today. The last time they announced a new iPad during September alongside iPhones it caused confusion at the store level with their back to school promos.

The Mini will be released in October or November this year.
lol, you lose, face palm,the first is ipad
Mar 25, 2005
642 posts
63 upvotes
Bowmanville
and the new mini being announced as we speak...