Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

YMMV: 40 X 500ml Kirkland brand bottled water for $2.55

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2017 12:24 pm
[OP]
Penalty Box
Nov 21, 2013
8128 posts
9301 upvotes
Montréal

[Costco] YMMV: 40 X 500ml Kirkland brand bottled water for $2.55

Spotted at Costco St-Hubert. Not that I like buying bottled water, 'cause it's a huge waste of plastic, as most of us, have free tap water, (we have no water meter where I live!) but at this price 40 X 500ml Kirkland bottled water for $2.55 I could not miss it. It comes to a little more than $0.06 each bottle and those are great in case of emergency or for any other reason. Thought it would be great to share this hot deal with you guys.
30 replies
Oct 17, 2015
412 posts
121 upvotes
Mississauga
Decent deal, it hovers around there mostly 2.89 when I check.
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2014
3592 posts
3846 upvotes
Mordor
DoorCrasher wrote: Spotted at Costco St-Hubert. Not that I like buying bottled water, 'cause it's a huge waste of plastic, as most of us, have free tap water, (we have no water meter where I live!) but at this price 40 X 500ml Kirkland bottled water for $2.55 I could not miss it. It comes to a little more than $0.06 each bottle and those are great in case of emergency or for any other reason. Thought it would be great to share this hot deal with you guys.
zombie apocalypse comin!
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
26829 posts
11284 upvotes
Socially Distanced
DoorCrasher wrote: It comes to a little more than $0.06 each bottle and those are great in case of emergency or for any other reason.
Basically, i don't use bottles but i have some visitors who "need" it, easier to have one to give them then deal with whining.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2006
3149 posts
992 upvotes
Vancouver
If we have this price in Vancouver,
- product 6 cents
- eco fee 4 cents
- deposit fee 5 cents

Fees cost more than product.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
26829 posts
11284 upvotes
Socially Distanced
yvrwindsor wrote: If we have this price in Vancouver,
- product 6 cents
- eco fee 4 cents
- deposit fee 5 cents

In Vancouver you don't get deposit money back?
Jan 7, 2017
270 posts
289 upvotes
Hamilton
If people need these for the cottage, I totally get it, but when I see first generation Canadian families buying these by the cart load I always wonder if they know our city's water is the safest on the planet.
Freedom Mobile - Promo Everywhere 50 : 8 GB LTE + 1 GB Roaming USA/CAN
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2012
1858 posts
627 upvotes
TO
- product 6 cents
- eco fee 4 cents
- deposit fee 5 cents

As they should, the environmental impact of bottled water is insane.
Wins
2015: 69.99$
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2006
3149 posts
992 upvotes
Vancouver
Quentin5 wrote: In Vancouver you don't get deposit money back?
Like you, I offer these to my visitors when they go out. Bottles coming back from them are very low.
Sep 1, 2014
107 posts
115 upvotes
Calgary, AB
- product 6 cents
- eco fee 4 cents
- deposit fee 5 cents

I just ran into this situation! I apologize if this is a stupid question but do we get the eco fee back when you return bottles?
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
26829 posts
11284 upvotes
Socially Distanced
yvrwindsor wrote: Like you, I offer these to my visitors when they go out. Bottles coming back from them are very low.
So your guests are getting the money back. If you want the money you can ask for water when you go visit them then return for cash
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8663 upvotes
GTHA
Quentin5 wrote: In Vancouver you don't get deposit money back?
Yes, but do not get the eco fee back. Eco fee is for recycling the bottle.

"Deposits are charged when products are purchased. They are returned in full when you bring back the empty container for recycling. These deposits are set through government legislation. Click here for the B.C. Government's page on Beverage Container Regulation."
from https://www.return-it.ca/beverage/products/
limee89 wrote: I just ran into this situation! I apologize if this is a stupid question but do we get the eco fee back when you return bottles?
No, the eco fee (Container Recycling Fee) is not returned.

"The Container Recycling Fee (CRF) is the fee Encorp charges to cover the net cost of recycling a beverage container type after any unredeemed deposits and commodity revenues for that container type have been used. The CRF varies for each beverage container category. As a not-for-profit, product stewardship agency, Encorp Pacific only charges the net cost for recovering and recycling beverage containers. The CRF reflects the current economic conditions of the drop in commodity prices and beverage volumes."
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
26829 posts
11284 upvotes
Socially Distanced
tk1000 wrote: Yes, but do not get the eco fee back. Eco fee is for recycling the bottle.

"Deposits are charged when products are purchased. They are returned in full when you bring back the empty container for recycling. These deposits are set through government legislation. Click here for the B.C. Government's page on Beverage Container Regulation."

No, the eco fee (Container Recycling Fee) is not returned.

"The Container Recycling Fee (CRF) is the fee Encorp charges to cover the net cost of recycling a beverage container type after any unredeemed deposits and commodity revenues for that container type have been used. The CRF varies for each beverage container category. As a not-for-profit, product stewardship agency, Encorp Pacific only charges the net cost for recovering and recycling beverage containers. The CRF reflects the current economic conditions of the drop in commodity prices and beverage volumes."
Yet the deposit refund makes the fees lower then the purchase price that the OP is complaining about.
People don't want to pay the price for their pollution but want someone else to pay it. If the customer doesn't pay it and the company doesn't pay it (and if they do it raises the price so the customer is paying it) then society pays it (which is charged to taxpayers which we all are). Then they complain about having to pay taxes...

You can't have it both ways, gotta pay the piper. As they say don't do the crime if you can't do the time.
Jan 12, 2017
815 posts
959 upvotes
YK
differing wrote: If people need these for the cottage, I totally get it, but when I see first generation Canadian families buying these by the cart load I always wonder if they know our city's water is the safest on the planet.
I agree about the safety of Ontario water.
Plus for those who want extra assurance, Costco sells the large Brita pitchers and filters. The Brita goes on discount too at Costco.
Aug 26, 2015
192 posts
146 upvotes
I like Kirkland water, tastes better than Nestle's.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2006
3149 posts
992 upvotes
Vancouver
Quentin5 wrote: So your guests are getting the money back. If you want the money you can ask for water when you go visit them then return for cash
From my perspective, my cost is 15 cents. Not a big deal. If they have to buy it in the tourist area locations, it usually costs $1 or more.

Don't get me wrong, I'm for both deposit and eco fee.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
26829 posts
11284 upvotes
Socially Distanced
yvrwindsor wrote: Don't get me wrong, I'm for both deposit and eco fee.
I'll keep that in mind

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)