YMMV Apple Watch 3 42mm GPS Grey 199.97 - Markham Yorktech

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2021 9:26 am
[OP]
Sep 14, 2017
83 posts
164 upvotes

[Costco] YMMV Apple Watch 3 42mm GPS Grey 199.97 - Markham Yorktech

Found this at Costco Markham (Yorktech) - good luck!

Looks like they're clearing em out

Edit: 11 left at Markham, I checked out one just now. Just go to merchandise pickup and ask for the item code 1285836!
Images
  • image.jpg
Last edited by iSyndicated on Mar 26th, 2021 5:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.
30 replies
Oct 29, 2016
566 posts
377 upvotes
What are the big features this is missing? Price pretty tempting. Will be be slow af?
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
23063 posts
28567 upvotes
User381589 wrote: What are the big features this is missing? Price pretty tempting. Will be be slow af?
Only if Apple slows it down, which they might have.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
23063 posts
28567 upvotes
musumekiller wrote: Btw I drove over it will be sold out Persevering Face
I'm reading this as... it's sold out.

Sounds about right.

The target for this purchase on my end isn't keen on it anyways.
Dec 10, 2012
132 posts
226 upvotes
TERREBONNE
Saw it today in Boucherville as well!
Dec 10, 2012
132 posts
226 upvotes
TERREBONNE
Saw it too today in Boucherville l!
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2007
4965 posts
3080 upvotes
User381589 wrote: What are the big features this is missing? Price pretty tempting. Will be be slow af?
Off the top of my head and some may be inaccurate

Always on display (not sure why you'd use this, you almost always want more battery life)
2nd generation heart rate
smaller bezel / form factor (this is surprisingly a big diff on newer models)
oxygen sensor for the latest latest one
ECG (you'll rarely if ever use unless you have heart problems or at risk)
fall detection (feel this is for seniors, diabetics or people prone to fainting or alike)
memojis (turn yourself into emoticon and use it as your watch face)
I think something relating to elevation
I assume better battery life overall'
cellular (so you don't have to keep your phone with you, otherwise this doesn't matter as much as long as you're in wifi/bluetooth range)
storage space (which may or may not be relevant in future updates, but Apple typically just removes some unnecessary bloat)
better screen, mostly in the sense of in sunlight.

Mostly gimmicky stuff.

I've had the S3 and I use the S5 now (bought used). Outside of the form factor being nicer on the newer models (less bezel/not as bulky) don't really notice a massive difference on the rest.
For me, time, activity tracker + notifications + receive calls + onboard Siri ("Hey Siri, set timer 3 minutes"). S3 has all that.
Last edited by RiCHC3 on Mar 26th, 2021 11:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.
[OP]
Sep 14, 2017
83 posts
164 upvotes
11 left at Markham, I checked out one just now. Just go to merchandise pickup and ask for the item code 1285836!
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2009
1604 posts
986 upvotes
Calgary
I won't get a w3 atm. Eol pretty soon means it probably won't work on future ios updates. It's almost 4 years old. Get an SE if you don't have budget.
Oct 29, 2016
566 posts
377 upvotes
RiCHC3 wrote: Off the top of my head and some may be inaccurate

Always on display (not sure why you'd use this, you almost always want more battery life)
2nd generation heart rate
smaller bezel / form factor (this is surprisingly a big diff on newer models)
oxygen sensor for the latest latest one
ECG (you'll rarely if ever use unless you have heart problems or at risk)
fall detection (feel this is for seniors, diabetics or people prone to fainting or alike)
memojis (turn yourself into emoticon and use it as your watch face)
I think something relating to elevation
I assume better battery life overall'
cellular (so you don't have to keep your phone with you, otherwise this doesn't matter as much as long as you're in wifi/bluetooth range)

Mostly gimmicky stuff.

I've had the S3 and I use the S5 now (bought used). Outside of the form factor being nicer on the newer models (less bezel/not as bulky) don't really notice a massive difference on the rest.
For me, time, activity tracker + notifications + receive calls + onboard Siri ("Hey Siri, set timer 3 minutes"). S3 has all that.
Thanks foe the awesome summary. I’m tempted to spend a little more for the extra screen size on the SE but functionality wise the 3 seems to be the sweet spot.
Oct 29, 2016
566 posts
377 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: Only if Apple slows it down, which they might have.
Why do you say they might have slowed it down?

As far as I know they have only slowed down devices with batteries that need replacement, never on new ones.
Banned
Sep 22, 2020
399 posts
509 upvotes
User381589 wrote: Thanks foe the awesome summary. I’m tempted to spend a little more for the extra screen size on the SE but functionality wise the 3 seems to be the sweet spot.
I had series 3 and now series 5. I noticed that there’s a massive difference in speed. Screen size ain’t a big factor, but being faster makes it a better buy than series 3. This being said, series 3 ain’t bad for someone who never had an Apple Watch or who doesn’t have high expectations.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2018
1063 posts
343 upvotes
Markham ON
I mean, should be ok. I mean what do you REALLY need your watch to do for you anyways, besides tell the time? That being said, is still pretty solid, and should hold up pretty well.
Think Less, Imagine More
Costco is Bliss
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2018
1063 posts
343 upvotes
Markham ON
Internetsurfer wrote: I had series 3 and now series 5. I noticed that there’s a massive difference in speed. Screen size ain’t a big factor, but being faster makes it a better buy than series 3. This being said, series 3 ain’t bad for someone who never had an Apple Watch or who doesn’t have high expectations.
curious, where do you notice the speed difference? And what do you use your apple watch for anyways? I've been holding off on getting one, as I see no benefits, besides more radiation, more money, and more care I have to take, from my usual g-shock.
Think Less, Imagine More
Costco is Bliss
Oct 7, 2017
919 posts
1542 upvotes
I have a series 1 that is slow when accessing apps and Siri, but honestly does what I want, which is: gets my notifications to my wrist, and tracks my activity. I don't touch any of the apps. If this is you, then this is probably a really good deal for you. If you want to use a bunch of apps right on the watch, it might be fine but I personally can't say. I've found using apps on the watch is pretty cumbersome and limited.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)