• Sep 3rd, 2021 5:03 pm
[OP]
Mar 9, 2014
39 posts
16 upvotes
ottawa

[Costco] YMMV, RokRez Epoxy Floor Coating Kit with Chips and Additive, $149.97

Was in Costco at Merivale, Ottawa.
Regular price, I guess it was 250 in warehouse, now at clearance at 149.97. still 8 buckets left as of 3pm today.
24 replies
May 10, 2018
211 posts
207 upvotes
Saw this at Costco East Hills Calgary for the same price.
Dec 4, 2017
394 posts
502 upvotes
Whitby
I still have the one from last year. LOL
Oct 2, 2012
5 posts
2 upvotes
BRAMPTON
Anybody able to find this in Brampton or Mississauga?
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
3781 posts
1620 upvotes
Toronto
MrMello wrote: I still have the one from last year. LOL
Did you use this in a garage how did it hold up easy to install?
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2017
2778 posts
1928 upvotes
MrMello wrote: I still have the one from last year. LOL
This is why Im so afraid to even get it. I know I will find reasons to back out of this project and totally forget I have this somewhere Skull

Maybe if I set my mind right again for next summer.
Apr 5, 2018
390 posts
382 upvotes
Can I get this for my basement concrete floor (not much ventilation) and is this easy enough for a DIY job?
Jul 23, 2011
737 posts
2226 upvotes
Ottawa
I have the brown one brand new sealed. Was going to epoxy the garage and ended up using rubber mats instead for a home gym.

If someone wants to buy it at a discount to this price DM me.

Located In Orleans (Ottawa)
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
3402 posts
2822 upvotes
Markham
signops wrote: Can I get this for my basement concrete floor (not much ventilation) and is this easy enough for a DIY job?
I'm not particularly handy but I used a similar epoxy product in my basement and it was easy to do. If you have little ventilation, now is probably the time since it's warm enough to crack a couple windows open.

Took me a full day, starting from the furthest parts and worked my way towards my stairs. Really cut down on the dust and feet feels cleaner walking around.

Freedom Mobile $40/20GB
Public Mobile $38/5GB
Jun 27, 2020
95 posts
75 upvotes
Kingston
Just bought one of those bucket last week at full price; but even at full price it was worth it. will look at my Costco to see if they have it at the lower price as well... if I find some time

Applied to a double car garage (20x20), and had the exact amount required after a self levelling product was applied. otherwise wouldn't have had enough due to some lower spots and small cracks.
nice looking finish. dried overnight, but waiting a bit longer to put back toolboxes and shelves back in.
the bucket comes with a mixer attachment for the drill and the roll.

nice well detailed instruction booklet

would buy again even at full price.
Oct 2, 2015
617 posts
300 upvotes
Milton, ON
Anything in the GTA? I called 2 weeks ago and they said it was an online only item..
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2018
1130 posts
1665 upvotes
Mickey rourkes futon
Anybody done their basement floor with this? Floor has 3 layers of old flaking oil paint on the floor. Obviously the loose stuff has to come off but wondering if it's thick enough to go over the paint that's still adhered and not be noticeable? Thanks
Dec 26, 2007
20 posts
10 upvotes
gtirsmiley wrote: Anything in the GTA? I called 2 weeks ago and they said it was an online only item..
Got one yesterday at Thorncliffe Park location. Still a bunch left there.
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2014
1147 posts
469 upvotes
Pickering, ON
Any in-stock at Scarborough or Markham stores?
Aug 25, 2012
383 posts
657 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Don’t be misled; the prep for this is enormous. Know what you are getting yourself into if diy.
If you like them, please be sure to up vote my posts! When you upvote my posts, this is what happens:
My wife loves me more😂, my car goes faster😎, my house becomes bigger😐, My boss gives me a raise😁.

Fact check, none of the above is valid.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2004
6651 posts
990 upvotes
GTA
The pain of removing everything in my garage stops me every time I try and start the project…
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
3402 posts
2822 upvotes
Markham
Nubby666 wrote: Anybody done their basement floor with this? Floor has 3 layers of old flaking oil paint on the floor. Obviously the loose stuff has to come off but wondering if it's thick enough to go over the paint that's still adhered and not be noticeable? Thanks
Absolutely need to clean the floor. It should be thick enough to go over but if the original oil paint is flaking, the epoxy may bubble up and flake as well wherever you cover the original floor paint. Fact there are 3 layers of flaking oil paint means you'll have a 4th layer of flaking epoxy.

The issue is a previously treated floor, especially if old paint is still on it, the floor won't be as porous so the epoxy can't bind as well as it can. There's a lot of prep, even for clean and untreated floors. You can use Google so I won't go through it, but if there's any decent amount of foot traffic, it won't last as long as you probably like.

Freedom Mobile $40/20GB
Public Mobile $38/5GB
Apr 5, 2010
496 posts
210 upvotes
Mississauga
Is it ok for front patio and stairs exposed to weather?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)