Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] **YMMV**Upgrade Gold to Exec. & get $60 off of $100 voucher** for use on costco.ca

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 20th, 2021 9:24 pm
[OP]
Apr 9, 2006
609 posts
222 upvotes

[Costco] **YMMV**Upgrade Gold to Exec. & get $60 off of $100 voucher** for use on costco.ca

I had gold membership and I used the membership gift card to upgrade to Elite membership. At the end of sign up, i was given a voucher good for 60$ off of 100$ purchase on costco.ca.
Image Picture of the voucher...
Last edited by pirath on Jan 7th, 2021 11:32 pm, edited 5 times in total.
29 replies
Jun 15, 2015
116 posts
49 upvotes
Winnipeg,MB
I've always been a EX card member since the beginning. Even renew I just went to store with nothing. Maybe this year I'll go renew with some thread's trick.
[OP]
Apr 9, 2006
609 posts
222 upvotes
No idea if it's online, uploaded the picture;
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2017
1566 posts
745 upvotes
pirath wrote: I had gold membership and I used the membership gift card to upgrade to Elite membership. At the end of sign up, i was given a voucher good for 60$ off of 100$ purchase on costco.ca.
I was looking through the old mailers when they had this offer sometime in Sept - Oct last yr. I was signing up as a Gold member (Austin Powers!) but ended up getting an Executive membership at the store

Im certain I didnt get that $60 off $100, who was supposed to give that? Store or was it going to be mailed? I wouldve otherwise used that coupon first.

I knew I was missing something from my membership.
[OP]
Apr 9, 2006
609 posts
222 upvotes
No starts with NL...
rockxxxlee wrote: op, does the code start with PN like last time?
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2017
1923 posts
1020 upvotes
GTA
Huge YMMV . I had received one of these coupons from Nov for new signup of gold membership ( Costco reactivation offer). I used the coupon for an order in Nov.

I used the coupon for another order in Dec and voila another 60$ off.

Tried again in Jan - no dice. Lol.
Aug 18, 2013
239 posts
250 upvotes
This is so much better than the other voucher... 50 off 250... That being said, I still used it twice though..lol
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2007
4446 posts
689 upvotes
It works twice? I threw mine out after first use.
Deal Guru
May 29, 2006
10262 posts
2823 upvotes
i got 120$ off 250$ on Saturday via the 1-800 number, i was a regular member who was expired since June.
Dec 29, 2010
152 posts
88 upvotes
pirath wrote: I had gold membership and I used the membership gift card to upgrade to Elite membership. At the end of sign up, i was given a voucher good for 60$ off of 100$ purchase on costco.ca.
Sorry OP, I am a bit slow today and not sure I understand fully.

My subscription recently expired (Executive). I need to renew. I want to understand better what you did here... you went at the Costco Warehouse, purchased one of their Gift of Membership card and used it at customer service after to upgrade? Wondering if I could use that somehow now that I am technically expired... I suppose I might need a friend with active membership to go over and buy a Gift of Membership for me...
[OP]
Apr 9, 2006
609 posts
222 upvotes
I would suggest that you activate the card as gold member and then go upgrade to exec. at a different date. The stores count their upgrade, I saw the lady mark it down. Retails have those targets. I was approached in the past to upgrade as well.

In my case I ordered the gift card when it came with the 50$ voucher for $250 purchase on Costco.ca. So it was double bonus for me. But the using the gift card isn’t what matters. Rather the fact u r upgrading from a gold to exec.
[OP]
Apr 9, 2006
609 posts
222 upvotes
I got message that it’s only valid once per member. So if your spouse has a card and online account. Order it through that and even try using the same code. Might work.
Kherani wrote: It works twice? I threw mine out after first use.
[OP]
Apr 9, 2006
609 posts
222 upvotes
Gift of Membership - Gold Star https://www.costco.ca/gift-of-membershi ... 48665.html

Looks like the $50 voucher is still available if you the membership gift card
nick182 wrote: Sorry OP, I am a bit slow today and not sure I understand fully.

My subscription recently expired (Executive). I need to renew. I want to understand better what you did here... you went at the Costco Warehouse, purchased one of their Gift of Membership card and used it at customer service after to upgrade? Wondering if I could use that somehow now that I am technically expired... I suppose I might need a friend with active membership to go over and buy a Gift of Membership for me...
Feb 11, 2011
200 posts
203 upvotes
Kherani wrote: It works twice? I threw mine out after first use.
I don’t know if it’s calendar based... was able to use my second one this year (I got the $60 x 2 for my exec membership so got 2 x $50 off... when I tried it in Dec it tells me 1 per member and wouldn’t let me use the second one on another order). Worth trying it out if anyone still have them since it’s expiring today (at least the ones I got).
Jan 27, 2003
566 posts
17 upvotes
Snow Country, BC
Ajay99a wrote: I don’t know if it’s calendar based... was able to use my second one this year (I got the $60 x 2 for my exec membership so got 2 x $50 off... when I tried it in Dec it tells me 1 per member and wouldn’t let me use the second one on another order). Worth trying it out if anyone still have them since it’s expiring today (at least the ones I got).
Just use a different email address with the same account number is fine, that's how I used both vouchers.
Core 2 Duo E6600 with Scythe Ninja Plus Heat Sink
Intel 975XBX Revision 305 MOBO
OCZ Dual Channel XTC 2048MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz
EVGA 7600GT CO wit
Nov 25, 2009
81 posts
39 upvotes
For those of you who have the Gift of Membership $50 off $250 coupon code that expires today, try calling Costco customer service and tell them you need an extension. They’ll issue you a new coupon fairly quickly (they gave me a $50 off $150 that expires in 6 months)
May 3, 2018
220 posts
340 upvotes
sir, does this coupon come with a expiration date?
[OP]
Apr 9, 2006
609 posts
222 upvotes
Yes, valid until Jan 17th.
rockxxxlee wrote: sir, does this coupon come with a expiration date?