Travel

Cottage / cottage resort reccommendations for families in Muskoka?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 12th, 2019 11:19 am
Jun 10, 2019
1 posts

Cottage / cottage resort reccommendations for families in Muskoka?

Looking to spend a week up in Muskoka (Ont) in July with my family. Anybody have recommendations that is suitable for young children? (Kids are 2, 5 &8). In the past, we've gone to Owen Sound but we are going to switch it up this year! I've looked at the usual travel sites but most of the availability turns out not to be correctly listed - when I contact to book the are already full.

Thanks in advance and here's hoping for a sunny Summer!
2 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2008
2321 posts
393 upvotes
North York
Deerhurst resort comes to mind ... family friendly and not too terribly expensive.

Taboo is another alternative with lots of water activities.
Jun 10, 2019
2 posts
2 upvotes
When I was a kid, we spent a lot of time at the family cottage. Then it became too much work for the amount of time we spent there; so the cottage was sold and we started renting cottages and at cottage resorts. I prefer cottage resorts that still have a cottagey (ok that's not a real word) feel to them vs the bigger chain resorts but that's just me.

I've stayed at Clyffe House Cottage Resort in Port Sydney www.clyffehouse.com - they have one of the best properties I've seen but the cottages are rustic as they are a historic place. No air conditioning or wifi but with my kids that's a bonus. I think they only rent to families with children. No restaurant either.

Cedar Grove - https://cedargrove.on.ca/ - Also had a fantastic time here. They have a meal plan so I took the kids here one week when my wife was stuck at work. The owners are super nice people and accommodating.

I came across the above using discovermuskoka.ca and northmuskoka.com - so maybe you'll have better luck with those!

Good luck!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)