None
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
10769 posts
2848 upvotes
Nowhere

Cott's Black Cherry Pop 2l at Giant Tiger for $.99

I know from time to time people mention Cott's Black Cherry Soda and ask where to buy it. Well today, I picked up a 2 l bottle at Giant Tiger in Brampton for $.99. I rarely go to Giant Tiger but I didn't see the last time I was there several months ago so I don't know if it is a regular item. They also sell Stewart's Black Cherry Soda in a 355 ml glass bottle for $1.19. It has been years since I had Cott's so I don't really remember it but I do enjoy Stewart's even though it doesn't have real sugar. They are both chilling so maybe I'll have to do a taste test.
5 replies
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
18377 posts
1360 upvotes
Elmira
Cott's Black Cherry is one of the go-to choices when having a pastrami, corned beef, or smoked meat sandwich. I'm not sure if the pairing originated in NYC or Montreal, but it never disappoints. Not sure about the Stewart's ingredients but the Cott's is entirely artificial..
a closed mind is already defeated
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
19905 posts
6830 upvotes
Toronto
With Vess discontinued (so I am told) It could be that, on the GT shelf where Cott's Vess cola etc once was, you will now see Cott beverages instead.
I hope Cott restores their RC cola. I miss it and it's a lot better than Cott Cola.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
10769 posts
2848 upvotes
Nowhere
duckdown wrote: Cott's Black Cherry is one of the go-to choices when having a pastrami, corned beef, or smoked meat sandwich. I'm not sure if the pairing originated in NYC or Montreal, but it never disappoints. Not sure about the Stewart's ingredients but the Cott's is entirely artificial..
Funny how we drink certain things, even pop, with certain foods. Cott's says right on the front label under Black Cherry, artificially flavoured soda. Stewart's says natural and artificial flavour.

Stewart's ingredients: Carbonated water, sugar/glucose-fructose, citric acid, natural and artificial flavour, sodium benzoate, colour.

Cott's ingredients: Carbonated water, sugar/glucose-fructose, colour, citric acid, potassium benzoate, modified corn starch, artificial flavour.

Modified corn starch in pop?? Funny how Cott's has colour higher up on the label than flavour. It does look much darker in the bottle than Stewart's.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
10769 posts
2848 upvotes
Nowhere
playnicee1 wrote: With Vess discontinued (so I am told) It could be that, on the GT shelf where Cott's Vess cola etc once was, you will now see Cott beverages instead.
I hope Cott restores their RC cola. I miss it and it's a lot better than Cott Cola.
I think you are right. It had a very prominent spot on the shelf so I would have noticed it before. IIRC it was Vess or some other generic pop there previously. I too used to really like RC Cola.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
19905 posts
6830 upvotes
Toronto
I don't see Cott's Black cherry pop @ Giant Tiger anymore.
I recently found it at Dollar tree, but the new price is $1.25 for 2 Litres.
That seems to be the new lowest price.
I've seen it other places but the price seems to range from $1.49-$1.89.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!