None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2006
2154 posts
1759 upvotes
Montreal
gladiator77 wrote: Hello Germack,

What tool are you using track your Net worth, yearly contributions etc. ? Is it just excel?
I would like to start tracking something like what you have been doing, I have accounts with 3 brokerages, Would you mind sharing a sample, might be helpful for some people in the forum here... Sorry if I am asking too much.

Thanks
Hello gladiator77,

I use Excel to track my networth. It looks something like this:
NW Template.png
Mar 16, 2018
719 posts
810 upvotes
Hamilton
ukrainiandude wrote: Is there any alternative for all equity balanced ETF in US dollars? Similar to XEQT
Thanks
VT - Vanguard Total World Stock ETF
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2006
2154 posts
1759 upvotes
Montreal
Deepwater wrote: So your love life is suffering because of this little market correction?!? Confused Face
Dude, a stock market crash is worse than a divorce. You lose half your money and your wife is still around.

(courtesy of WSB).
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2014
1460 posts
477 upvotes
Rouyn-Noranda
ownthesky wrote: VT - Vanguard Total World Stock ETF
If held in RSP, would VT be better than a combination of VTI + VXUS?

Don't need Canadian in RSP given held in other account.
Mar 16, 2018
719 posts
810 upvotes
Hamilton
John47 wrote: If held in RSP, would VT be better than a combination of VTI + VXUS?

Don't need Canadian in RSP given held in other account.
VT would be something like 3 or 4 basis points more expensive, I don't think it's worth breaking it up into VTI and VXUS personally for that little savings.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2013
5672 posts
597 upvotes
rdx wrote: I am not going to touch those existing mutual fund/index fund/stock investments at this moment during the bear market..... However, I have some cash parked in my investment account. I wonder if this is now the opportunity to buy something when they are all at very low price. Buy more index funds ?

Thanks for any advice.
Unless you need the cash for something else (i.e. emergency cash savings or need it to purchase something in the near future), I think you should invest it regardless of what the market is doing.
Jul 20, 2009
127 posts
9 upvotes
Montreal
Raww wrote: I bought some TD US index and some TD science & tech in my son's RESP. Sold nothing...
Looks like I was too early. I think by tomorrow, I'll lose all the gains in the last year or so... No more funds left to invest. I do have a line of credit though that I can use but it's risky....
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2007
4190 posts
2340 upvotes
Our balanced ETF index fund in the TFSA's, RRSP and RRIF is down -3.43% today. No financial pain in these accounts.
Jun 30, 2019
92 posts
123 upvotes
Started investing in 2016, I am 100% stock 0% bonds. Maintain equal portion between US/CAD/INTL.

I have been waiting for this day to happen. Many people said to have bond allocation because one does not know how they will react to a 20-40% decline in portfolio.

I lost over 80k in the last few weeks. Will be buying more units every 2 pay stubs as I have over the past few years. Hold on tight friends.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2004
6203 posts
620 upvotes
Toronto
serious9 wrote: Started investing in 2016, I am 100% stock 0% bonds. Maintain equal portion between US/CAD/INTL.

I have been waiting for this day to happen. Many people said to have bond allocation because one does not know how they will react to a 20-40% decline in portfolio.

I lost over 80k in the last few weeks. Will be buying more units every 2 pay stubs as I have over the past few years. Hold on tight friends.
If your buying every 2 weeks how do you keep track of your ACB for each stock? Or are you just buying etfs?
Jun 30, 2019
92 posts
123 upvotes
greg123 wrote: If your buying every 2 weeks how do you keep track of your ACB for each stock? Or are you just buying etfs?
I buy ETFS every 2 pay stubs. I make a 10k contribution every month.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2010
1935 posts
698 upvotes
Vancouver
serious9 wrote: Started investing in 2016, I am 100% stock 0% bonds. Maintain equal portion between US/CAD/INTL.

Humour me....just out of curiousity and this is just a hypothetical. Let's say this becomes a recession and you lose your job and the day after that you get in a car accident and have no health coverage, and if you live with mom and dad and they are forced to sell assets to cover your hospital bills and of course you are forced to sell your 100% equities to pay for everything because you no longer have a job. Then what? Just curious.
Jun 7, 2010
290 posts
80 upvotes
gwplant wrote: Humour me....just out of curiousity and this is just a hypothetical. Let's say this becomes a recession and you lose your job and the day after that you get in a car accident and have no health coverage, and if you live with mom and dad and they are forced to sell assets to cover your hospital bills and of course you are forced to sell your 100% equities to pay for everything because you no longer have a job. Then what? Just curious.
In this case, in Canada (and most of Western Europe) you will be a casualty of luck (I would even call you an outlier), not stupidity. Statistical probability of this happening to most or majority of investors in the market is possibly NIL. However, this risk could easily be mitigated by having appropriate critical care and short/long term disability insurance in place.
Jun 30, 2019
92 posts
123 upvotes
gwplant wrote: Humour me....just out of curiousity and this is just a hypothetical. Let's say this becomes a recession and you lose your job and the day after that you get in a car accident and have no health coverage, and if you live with mom and dad and they are forced to sell assets to cover your hospital bills and of course you are forced to sell your 100% equities to pay for everything because you no longer have a job. Then what? Just curious.
I rent and have 0 debt so I don't have the stress of missing mortgage payments. If this scenario happens, I'll be in the market for some cheap assets.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2010
1935 posts
698 upvotes
Vancouver
serious9 wrote: I rent and have 0 debt so I don't have the stress of missing mortgage payments. If this scenario happens, I'll be in the market for some cheap assets.
Ok thx but you came nowhere near to answer my hypothetical questions, but my point being was what if you needed access to emergency funds when your capital had lost half or more of its value? But of course I was young at one time to and didn't think about these sorts of things either, so I digress on the question and topic. GL