• Dec 20th, 2015 1:56 pm
Tags:
None
10 replies
Sep 12, 2011
269 posts
269 upvotes
Ottawa
I have seen this deal before, but if you do the math its not really any good actually, you can get 24 heineken for 25$ in Qc right now, and the couche tard deal is equal to ~25 beers, so unless its for the novelty of having the mini keg, not really a HOT deal.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
7500 posts
8023 upvotes
DoBoY1 wrote: I have seen this deal before, but if you do the math its not really any good actually, you can get 24 heineken for 25$ in Qc right now, and the couche tard deal is equal to ~25 beers, so unless its for the novelty of having the mini keg, not really a HOT deal.
well the 5L keg is the same price @ Costco, so even better to buy it at Couche tard and get the 12 extra beers for $1

5000 ml + (12 * 330ml ) = 8960ml / 330 ml You have 27 Heineken bottles or cans at 330ml each for $31 wich is not bad
Sep 12, 2011
269 posts
269 upvotes
Ottawa
DoorCrasher wrote: well the 5L keg is the same price @ Costco, so even better to buy it at Couche tard and get the 12 extra beers for $1

5000 ml + (12 * 330ml ) = 8960ml / 330 ml You have 27 Heineken bottles or cans at 330ml each for $31 wich is not bad
Your math is sound, but lets keep in mind that with that keg there is always, ALWAYS loss :) be it in extra head, dripping or spillage :)
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
7500 posts
8023 upvotes
DoBoY1 wrote: Your math is sound, but lets keep in mind that with that keg there is always, ALWAYS loss :) be it in extra head, dripping or spillage :)
well if you are too drunk to serve yourself without spilling it you should stop drinking beer and drink soda!!! :razz: ;)
if you want to be right, I'll give it to you, but don't forget that there is always, ALWAYS beer left at the bottom of a can or bottle when you are done with it! :razz: ;)
Sep 12, 2011
269 posts
269 upvotes
Ottawa
DoorCrasher wrote: ALWAYS beer left at the bottom of a can or bottle when you are done with it! :razz: ;)
Well that's just a travesty! :)

not a matter of being right just the fact that they(businesses) like to make you think its a great deal but when you stop to think about it, there really just trying to sucker you into buying from them :)

have good one!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
7500 posts
8023 upvotes
It's funny how on this forum there is always someone who likes to bash other's thread telling that there is nothing hot in the deal they found... title is clear enough, if you do not like the deal then don't waste bandwidth clicking on it and don't waste your and other's time replying to it... :facepalm: ;)
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
1492 posts
1693 upvotes
Ottawa
kk1030 wrote: I <3 lcbo
Pardon? You mean that place that sells only 6 packs at ridiculous prices? Maybe my sarcasm detector is off but LCBO is the worst. Only good for the Ontario government and the employees that work there.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2011
1562 posts
2435 upvotes
Pointe Claire
Got the same response on my cheap beer thread yesterday. Experts commenting on better prices which don't really exist. The prices are already at the floor price...the retailers are competing with each other by offering beer at a dollar, or no taxes or $15 gas gift card which makes for great deals for Quebec consumers at the holiday season.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
7500 posts
8023 upvotes
dogdayafter12 wrote: Got the same response on my cheap beer thread yesterday. Experts commenting on better prices which don't really exist. The prices are already at the floor price...the retailers are competing with each other by offering beer at a dollar, or no taxes or $15 gas gift card which makes for great deals for Quebec consumers at the holiday season.
You are right. The floor price makes it difficult for retailers to sell more beer than another one and attract customers. Anyway, I am still happy sharing this deal for those who are interested.