• Last Updated:
  • Jun 24th, 2014 1:49 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 30, 2004
1367 posts
381 upvotes
Greater Saskatchewan…

[Canadian Tire] coupon to save a little bit on labour at Canadian Tire Auto Service

So if you find yourself and your car at Canadian Tire Auto Service (yes, your regular mechanic is on vacation), here's a coupon to save $10 off $100, $20 off $200 or $30 off $300 of Auto Service labour. It's better than nothing, and it's much better than getting Canadian Tire money, which is about 0.5%. (That's $0.50 per $100.00)

The coupon can be found in the back section of the Canadian Tire Driver magazine, which can be found at Canadian Tire stores near the Auto Service area.

Here's text on the coupon:

SAVE $10-30
Spend & Save $10 off $100. $20 off $200 or $30 off $300 on Auto Service Labour

To Customer:
Coupon has no cash value and must be presented at time of purchase. Coupon valid for one-time use only at participating Canadian Tire Retail Stores. Limit of one coupon per customer. Cannot be combined with any other coupon, offer or discount. Altered, modified or photocopied coupons will not be accept. Where applicable by law taxes nay be charged on the total transaction value before deducting the coupon value. Applies to most vehicles. Present to Auto Service staff. Coupon valid between April 1st and June 27th, 2014,

:arrow: Literally by doing nothing at home, you can save lives during the Covid-19 Crisis.
:arrow: Keep physically distant but socially connected.
:arrow: Sask distracted driving - the old fashion way - with alcohol and MJ.
18 replies
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
28135 posts
8383 upvotes
Hamilton
Would avoid lol
hated on but respected.
Dec 24, 2010
524 posts
101 upvotes
Surrey
Pay 50% more labour and get an additional 5% off. Hot deal?
Banned
Jun 17, 2009
1765 posts
181 upvotes
onatrio
Even if labour was free at ct..would avoid..went last month to ct for fuel injector service.after that engine light went on...and ct said would have to pay...was at winston churchill 403...as y for
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26999 posts
4330 upvotes
You'll save more monies in the long run by not getting your car serviced there
Aug 23, 2005
589 posts
407 upvotes
Ontario
Would avoid.

A long time ago, I thought I could trust CT for a simple tire swap. Would never trust them touching anything under the hood. Only shop open on Sunday which is when I was free. Got the car back and felt like I was driving on wooden blocks. Turns out the idiots filled the tires up to 60psi.
Aug 30, 2013
92 posts
28 upvotes
GTA
Gotta agree with the majority. Would avoid.

Had my tires changed there and had the mechanics add unnecessary charges to try and swindle me.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2008
2510 posts
171 upvotes
My tire experience with CT has been good and great price.

Yes, you can go to tire chain like kal tire or ok tire. They both charge way too much for what I am getting. CT has been good to me for new tires.
Deal Guru
Oct 9, 2007
10000 posts
1378 upvotes
Kanata
I had a winter-to-summer tire change done there. 30 driving minutes later on my way to work, the front left wheel COMES OFF in rush hour traffic. I had a few seconds warning as the bolts started to go SNAP one by one, just in time to veer off to the side. My front wheel goes shooting off down the road, and the only thing that keeps it from slamming into an oncoming car is the fact that I veered away at the last second. The CAA guy who eventually comes and loads me up on a flatbed and takes me back to Crappy Tire just laughs at the dweebs they had working there, saying "look at these %@#$ing kids...this is why that happened!!". The store manager tries to say this had nothing to do with them, until I start playing hardball and they pay for all damages and restoration work.

They could have killed someone with their blatant incompetence. Never, ever, EVER again...
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2011
1441 posts
912 upvotes
Went in to change my brakes at Canadian Tire a few years ago, after a week they started to fail. They tried to get me to pay extra to fix it. Scam artists.
Feb 20, 2012
167 posts
19 upvotes
Okanagan, BC
I've had some pretty bad experiences at GTA Canadian Tires, including my transmission literally blowing up and locking into what I can only describe as "direct drive" with the engine... the same day after a simple transmission check (including fluid check) at a Canadian Tire store... This all happened on a 400 series highway while doing "average fast lane" speed (heh) so it was quite the pucker factor for a few moments there.

I had it towed back to my real mechanic who was able to find out Canadian Tire didn't do a single thing, nor did they even attempt to check the tranny fluid level. Took the findings back to the store and after some pointless discussion with the GM the owner arrived... Needless to say they ended up paying all the costs to replace the transmission, fix the engine and undercarriage- at a shop of my choosing. Thankfully I know a mechanic who specializes in racing transmissions- my mustang transmission is bulletproof now, and worth more than the whole car.

On the flip side of the coin, I was hours outside the GTA once and my alternator failed- bad. Managed to limp into a rural Canadian Tire and they not only took care of the issue, they gave me a huge discount on the alternator (50% off retail cost), free tune up and free loaner vehicle for two days. They did all this because I had to wait for the alternator to be delivered (it was Sat afternoon when I arrived). This place had a few older mechanics who were very experienced and knew their stuff. It was one of those stores where it was so old the floors were painted wooden planks, there were pulleys attached to the ceiling at various places, and there was no such thing as wheelchair accessibility between the floors (or aisles) in the store or even the entrance to the store.

Basically Canadian Tire is a last resort for me if I am far away and rural. Otherwise I'm getting myself towed back to my mechanic. Yay for CAA premiere service.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2007
2068 posts
557 upvotes
Calgary
I wouldn't even trust them to put air in my tires. Had a bad experience with CT many years ago in the mid 80's when I got my first vehicle. Never again.
Nov 16, 2011
123 posts
113 upvotes
Toronto
If they gave coupons to stay away from CT, that would be hot! STAY AWAY!
Jan 10, 2009
404 posts
33 upvotes
Ottawa
CT has a great business model: 99% of techs are kids doing CO-OP terms and paid minimal wage. CT charges going rate for labour = max profit. Would not go if they offered free labor.
Oct 12, 2005
389 posts
160 upvotes
Toronto
Stay away from CT at all costs. Even if they pay you to service the vehicle.
Past experiances include; buying 4 tires installed and 1 tire is a different size and not tightening the oil drain screw ( engine almost blew).
360 upvotes
Good or bad, sometimes you have no other choice. CT is the only shop open Sundays and late evenings. Thanks OP
Aug 31, 2014
1 posts
Toronto, ON
Worked for auto shop before no such thing as discount its all a hoax. only rarely
Penalty Box
Sep 29, 2003
4908 posts
513 upvotes
GTA
i don't know who even SHOPS at Crappy Tire.

I went to CT last ice storm to get a battery.. the one they were advertising on TV with the ice truck was in stock.. but i went to three stores.
All of them had stock that was ONE+ YEAR OLD. For a battery.. thats insane..

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)