Markham

Google Cloud Certification - First month Free

Deal Link:
Savings:
Expiry:
November 19, 2020
Retailer:
Coursera
Received the below email from Coursera. You will have to use a credit card to sign up and can immediately cancel the subscription.

"Gain the knowledge needed for the official Google Cloud certification exams.

Did you know that 87% of Google Cloud-certified individuals are more confident about their cloud skills? It’s true! And, in collaboration with Google Cloud, we’ve just added three new Professional Certificate programs to our existing Google Cloud catalog to help you gain the knowledge for the Google Cloud certification exams.

Best of all, you can now get a month of learning for free!

Get started on Google Cloud Certification today with these programs:
New! SRE and DevOps with Google Cloud Professional Certificate
New! Google Cloud Security Professional Certificate
New! Google Cloud Networking Professional Certificate
Cloud Architecture with Google Cloud Professional Certificate
Data Engineering with Google Cloud Professional Certificate
Cloud Engineering with Google Cloud Professional Certificate
Enroll today and enjoy benefits like these:
One free month of learning
One year of exclusive access to Big Interview ❪$950 value❫ which includes a resume builder, career coaching, connection to a network of Professional Certificate alums, and more
Start developing your cloud knowledge and unlock your benefits by earning a Google Cloud Professional Certificate today! "
11 replies
Dec 9, 2009
116 posts
31 upvotes
It says cancel before the promotional period ends to avoid credit card charge..but when does it end...today?
If one cancels subscription, does it block access to the course learning. For how long you can continue learning. I don’t have experience with coursera learning portal.
>> You will have to use a credit card to sign up and can immediately cancel the subscription.
Your card will automatically be charged after the promotion period. Your card won't be charged if you cancel your subscription via My Purchases before the promotion period. We can’t issue refunds once your card is charged.
Deal Addict
May 8, 2007
1112 posts
444 upvotes
Turbanville
Thanks OP, but no entry level jobs after certification. Only for 5 + yrs experienced cloud professional. Where to get cloud experience without getting entry level jobs. Have Canadian Uni degree & more than 6 years of IT experience ! Grinning Face
"Beer"
The cause of and solution to all of life's problems.
"SMART" People always makes SMART Choice..!!!!!
[OP]
Aug 21, 2019
631 posts
419 upvotes
Markham
mike_dera wrote: It says cancel before the promotional period ends to avoid credit card charge..but when does it end...today?
If one cancels subscription, does it block access to the course learning. For how long you can continue learning. I don’t have experience with coursera learning portal.
>> You will have to use a credit card to sign up and can immediately cancel the subscription.
Your card will automatically be charged after the promotion period. Your card won't be charged if you cancel your subscription via My Purchases before the promotion period. We can’t issue refunds once your card is charged.
Promotional period starts from the time you enter the credit card details for one month. I was able to cancel the subscription immediately and the course is still available in my account.
[OP]
Aug 21, 2019
631 posts
419 upvotes
Markham
2GOOGLE wrote: Thanks OP, but no entry level jobs after certification. Only for 5 + yrs experienced cloud professional. Where to get cloud experience without getting entry level jobs. Have Canadian Uni degree & more than 6 years of IT experience ! Grinning Face
I think more of practicing hands on will help in the interim
Jun 8, 2018
21 posts
10 upvotes
My friend has 3 Certificates in AWS and one startup build from ground 0 in AWS. Still looking for Cloud engineering job. Go figure.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
8113 posts
1168 upvotes
TO
peddyua wrote: My friend has 3 Certificates in AWS and one startup build from ground 0 in AWS. Still looking for Cloud engineering job. Go figure.
May I ask what market are they in i.e. GTA/West or East coast? I was under the impression there are several cloud related jobs at the moment but I guess the market isn't that great.
Achieva Financial /KOHO / STACK (0% FX Fee) /Tangerine / EQ Bank member / I use Plastiq for paying bills with my CC

"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
15883 posts
2147 upvotes
GTA
peddyua wrote: My friend has 3 Certificates in AWS and one startup build from ground 0 in AWS. Still looking for Cloud engineering job. Go figure.
i have 0 certs and AWS/Google keeps msging me on linkedin to interview. and i don't even qualify for the cloud job.
Jun 5, 2017
86 posts
17 upvotes
0 certs in cloud, just got a job as cloud engineer

go figure :)
Last edited by coleonredflag on Nov 11th, 2020 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2001
17744 posts
1283 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
coleonredflag wrote: 0 certs or experience in cloud, just got a job as cloud engineer

go figure :)
That's I.T. for ya!
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2005
1056 posts
907 upvotes
Markham, ON
What does resume look like?
Clearly not impressive enough for hiring managers or recruiters.
FIDO, Koodo, Public Mobile, TELUS customer.
Dec 26, 2010
979 posts
696 upvotes
certifications are good for swags, but not for jobs. you also have to renew every 2 years, at least for Google ones. if your employer would pay for it, go for it, but if you are in the job market, don't go for it just to prove that you can do something unless the job posting specifically calls out for that.