Shopping Discussion

The COVID-19 sanitizing items treasure hunt (GTA edition)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 10th, 2020 2:42 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2013
1791 posts
1397 upvotes
Ottawa
Just so everyone in this thread knows, any soapy mixture will kill the coronavirus responsible for COVID. You don't need expensive or wasteful sanitizing products.

The coronavirus is a fragile, enveloped virus where the outer covering of the virus is composed of a fatty membrane. Diluted dish soap, all-purpose cleaner, laundry detergent, hand soap, etc., are often far more effective at killing coronavirus than sanitizing/disinfecting products.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/scie ... ronavirus/
Jan 21, 2013
628 posts
154 upvotes
in a bubble
WHY can i not find paper towels??? been to walmart/metro/ freshco & SDM....shelves are BARE!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
5795 posts
2918 upvotes
Mississauga
ammaretto wrote: WHY can i not find paper towels??? been to walmart/metro/ freshco & SDM....shelves are BARE!
I was at Home Depot yesterday and there were exactly three packages of Bounty left. Lol!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
9538 posts
4118 upvotes
Toronto
weedb0y wrote: Was it always the case or or did the formulation change?
It was always the case.. they did the testing recently and find out that the product is effective against Covid-19.
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

They really need to show who downvotes so we can find out the mofus is
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
9538 posts
4118 upvotes
Toronto
ammaretto wrote: WHY can i not find paper towels??? been to walmart/metro/ freshco & SDM....shelves are BARE!
yeap, all gone LOL

Got to be early at the store and hope they restock
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

They really need to show who downvotes so we can find out the mofus is
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
18398 posts
6415 upvotes
Toronto
I see Sanitizer everywhere now. I saw Purell at Walmart, Costco had lots of sanitizer as well.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2018
3599 posts
3715 upvotes
Gone up in price but the 350g bottles are cheaper when comparing dollar per gram.

Availibility is good. Just have to place an order and wait for them to come in.
For legal topics and discussions, the opinion, guidance, and thoughts provided are my own and are not considered to be legal advice, in any manner.
Deal Fanatic
May 22, 2003
5249 posts
2430 upvotes
Vancouver
https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavir ... -1.5113891

The head of Canada's largest manufacturer of tissue products says he's concerned about the industry's supply of paper towels ahead of a potential second wave of COVID-19.

Kruger Products CEO Dino Bianco said demand for paper towels has soared as people stay at home and clean more frequently.