• Last Updated:
  • Apr 3rd, 2020 5:06 pm
[OP]
Dec 13, 2006
589 posts
269 upvotes

Covid-19 working parent relief

Hi,

first of all I know we are lucky and me and my wife still have out job working remote.

I would like to know how working parents find relief with this Covid-19 crisis.

I work work in IT for a City, my wife work on statistics in clinical trials. Even with the crisis, she work 60 hours a week, like usual... and because of the crisis I also work nore than usual.

The thing is than with 3 young kids 4, 5 and 6 years old. At home it's hard not to either fell bad aboiy not taking care of them enough.
The oldest is in first year, and school is back.. So we need to play teacher role.
Both my 5 and 6 years old are doing competitive sport and we have special do at home program...
We dont want to forget the little one... She need alone time for atory/drawing....

This make us realize the luck that we have to have kindergarten, school, coach.. To help with kids educations..

How do you manage the family in this situation, you skip school and training? Hoping they will catch up?

Again, I know some are in financial stress, and it's not easy. But anyone else feeling exausted needing to fit all rôle?
2 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2008
1166 posts
635 upvotes
Ripley
Can you stagger work hours? So if you normally work 8-5 can you work 7-3? And can your wife work 3-10? That gives one of you time to be with the kids while the other focuses on work. Make a schedule for school and sports. Although at that age I would let the sports slide. If they love the sport they will make it part of their outside time without being told.
May 31, 2017
304 posts
83 upvotes
I took a leave of absence from work - we tried to do the staggered shifts but it was not sustainable for the long term for us.

And let's face it - this seems like it will go on into the summer.