Travel

Covid Positive Health document for travel

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 16th, 2021 10:29 am
Jul 12, 2021
6 posts
3 upvotes

Covid Positive Health document for travel

I've had covid and will be travelling to Europe in August. I did not go to a hospital, only stayed home. Where can I get supporting documents for airline and country customs entry?
11 replies
Deal Fanatic
May 14, 2009
6759 posts
1499 upvotes
Did you ever get tested? If so, call your local PHU.
Deal Guru
Nov 6, 2010
10018 posts
1967 upvotes
Montreal, QC
It varies from country-to-country but for example, you may need to provide the results from your positive test (which also have the date, since some countries want it to be within 3 months) as well as some documentation from your healthcare provider or equivalent authority clearing you for travel.
Jul 12, 2021
6 posts
3 upvotes
Unfortunately I never did get tested. I live by myself and was unemployed at the time. I just stayed at home in bed. I guess there is nothing now that I can do. I think Italy, France and Netherlands are allowing Positive results from the past 90 days.
Deal Guru
Nov 6, 2010
10018 posts
1967 upvotes
Montreal, QC
brut905 wrote: Unfortunately I never did get tested. I live by myself and was unemployed at the time. I just stayed at home in bed. I guess there is nothing now that I can do. I think Italy, France and Netherlands are allowing Positive results from the past 90 days.
If you weren't tested how can you be certain you recovered from COVID (let alone proving it to a customs and border agent)?

But yeah if you're not dual vaccinated or recovered by your trip date there isn't much to do except follow your destination country's requirements for quarantine etc.
Deal Fanatic
May 14, 2009
6759 posts
1499 upvotes
brut905 wrote: Unfortunately I never did get tested. I live by myself and was unemployed at the time. I just stayed at home in bed. I guess there is nothing now that I can do. I think Italy, France and Netherlands are allowing Positive results from the past 90 days.
If it’s been 90-110 days since you were infected (if it was COVID) you likely wouldn’t test positive (from that infection) if you tested again (pre flight or post arrival test).
Jul 12, 2021
6 posts
3 upvotes
Right it was in April .
thanks
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2005
6759 posts
1786 upvotes
Montreal
Quebec considers anyone who had COVID and one vaccine dose to be fully vaccinated.
Yesterday, they announced that, if people want to travel they will provide a second dose as many countries require proof of 2 vaccine doses.

Based on that I think it depends on which country you'll be visiting.
You are also likely have to quarantine in a hotel on your return.
Phils
Sep 26, 2006
877 posts
253 upvotes
North York
brut905 wrote: I've had covid and will be travelling to Europe in August. I did not go to a hospital, only stayed home. Where can I get supporting documents for airline and country customs entry?
The proof would be the test that you didn't get unfortunately.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2011
1071 posts
631 upvotes
Midland
Have fun on your trip. I’m headed to Italy France and UK September.

Just got back from Portugal and Morocco and life is normal. Get ready for your first handshake in years lol! It’s awkward
Deal Expert
Oct 5, 2008
18182 posts
14187 upvotes
Toronto
Energie11 wrote: Have fun on your trip. I’m headed to Italy France and UK September.

Just got back from Portugal and Morocco and life is normal. Get ready for your first handshake in years lol! It’s awkward
interesting perspective on Portugal when many articles indicate they aren't doing well at all and case counts are rising.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavir ... -1.5482661

The Portuguese government has already banned travel into and out of the Lisbon region on weekends, though policing last weekend was patchy.

Also Wednesday, a report by health experts into Portugal's handling of the COVID-19 pandemic warned that the country is not learning from what happened over the past 15 months. The report said there was "a worrying absence of drawing conclusions from what went wrong."

https://graphics.reuters.com/world-coro ... /portugal/

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/07/01 ... us-updates

Portugal Announces Curfews as Delta Variant Spreads

The highly contagious Delta variant is surging in countries around the world, from Indonesia to parts of Europe, leading governments to reimpose restrictions just weeks after they had taken steps to return to ordinary life.

The latest example is Portugal, which on Friday will impose a curfew from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. in Lisbon, Porto and other popular tourism spots, reversing course after it had reopened its economy to prepare for summer travelers.

The W.H.O. says the European soccer championships are driving virus cases.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)